Biden says MLK assassination ‘did not have the worldwide impact’ that George Floyd’s death did

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
He's right. Long term of course not, but at the moment surely

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
JFK was killed in 63.

You don’t need to have a television in your home to get the breaking information from news broadcast. They simulcast their broadcast across radio as well.

I’m not arguing that people cared about MLK.

The basic fact is the information wouldn’t take months with radio, newspapers, television.
You're also talking about the president of the United States, the leader of a world super power. Of course that news will travel fast

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
You're also talking about the president of the United States, the leader of a world super power. Of course that news will travel fast
I’m saying that the ability for information to travel fast existed back then.

As many countries that have English/ American connections back then like France, Japan, or West Germany US bases. Yeah it would have spread fast even if it wasn’t front page news.

Yeah Russia probably didn’t report it at all.

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
still doesnt mean it makes sense. unless you are going to completely separate, there are no solutions minus white people
Never said it makes sense. It's just how it is. It doesn't make sense that black people deserve less just bc they're black but if you ask some people it makes perfect sense to them. It's hard to understand something if you don't see the problem, don't care about the problem or don't want to understand the problem.

We deal with the people that don't see the issue every day. Politicians are known for lying. Kkkops agree with racist. Which white people should we trust to tell our issues that can make a change?

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I’m saying that the ability for that information to travel fast existed back then.

As many countries that have English/ American connections back then like France, Japan, or West Germany US bases. Yeah it would have spread fast even if it wasn’t front page news.

Yeah Russia probably didn’t report it at all.
Totally correct. My point is everybody in the world didn't care or had the technology like the US had in the 60s. Most had their own issues they cared about a lot more. Look at how long it took the US to learn about most of North Korea's human rights issues. We're still learning new shyt now.

Edit: plus around that time the US was spreading propaganda to the world about not being racist bc of how world leaders got treated when they went to new York for the United Nations summits.

Karume

All Star
Daps
Never said it makes sense. It's just how it is. It doesn't make sense that black people deserve less just bc they're black but if you ask some people it makes perfect sense to them. It's hard to understand something if you don't see the problem, don't care about the problem or don't want to understand the problem.

We deal with the people that don't see the issue every day. Politicians are known for lying. Kkkops agree with racist. Which white people should we trust to tell our issues that can make a change?
obviously it isnt an easy thing.perhaps process of elimination is the only viable option

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
obviously it isnt an easy thing.perhaps process of elimination is the only viable option
One of the hardest parts is finding who to trust. Another part is trying to figure out how to get EVERYONE to understand. If all the people getting killed and obvious mistreatment isn't enough what will it take for them to finally get it?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Totally correct. My point is everybody in the world didn't care or had the technology like the US had in the 60s. Most had their own issues they cared about a lot more. Look at how long it took the US to learn about most of North Korea's human rights issues. We're still learning new shyt now.
Radios and newspapers still weren’t new technologies and widely available accessed in the 60s. What they reported on isn’t the same as having the information.

Not caring is a whole separate thing which we agree.

East Berlin and other places didn’t care who he was even when alive.

Karume

All Star
Daps
One of the hardest parts is finding who to trust. Another part is trying to figure out how to get EVERYONE to understand. If all the people getting killed and obvious mistreatment isn't enough what will it take for them to finally get it?
therein lies the rub

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
He’s is right. Rioting happened only in major urban areas where blacks lived. Cacs just shrugged and moved to the burbs. Now it’s damn near half cacs still protesting This. And it’s worldwide. Biden is a dumb ass tho. He shouldn’t saying shyt like this. Nov can’t come quick enough

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk Joe Biden for real.

Why not just come out and say that George Floyd's death was more important to you because it gives you an opportunity to hide who you really are. You can rebrand yourself as this advocate for black people when MLK's murder basically is also around the same time you were letting the world know that you didn't want your kids to be in a "racial jungle" in the 60s. He doesn't want us to remember that it's his history of anti-black legislation coded as a "crime" bill led to George Floyd's murder. Same laws that gave law enforcement to run wild with no accountability and responsibility with full protection of the government.

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Radios and newspapers still weren’t new technologies and widely available accessed in the 60s. What they reported on isn’t the same as having the information.

Not caring is a whole separate thing which we agree.

East Berlin and other places didn’t care who he was even when alive.
This is just in the UK. Imagine Africa, Australia and other underdeveloped countries.

"It wasn't until after the war that television was slowly spread out across the country. Some parts of the Scottish islands did not receive a signal until deep into the 1960s, but the nation was hooked. Moran quotes revealing statistics from 1971 about the contemporary British way of life: "Ten per cent of homes still had no indoor lavatory or bath, 31% had no fridge and 62% had no telephone, but only 9% had TV."