Biden says MLK assassination ‘did not have the worldwide impact’ that George Floyd’s death did

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
He's right. Back then, 80% of white America hated MLK. He was looked at a communist and folks was constantly threatening his life.

MLK was so hated that they even assassinated his mom

I think his brother got assassinated too.

In fact, it took Representative John Conyers (Detroit) till the 80s to be able to pass his bill to make MLK day a national holiday if I'm not mistaken.

Yall brehs just dont know your history :yeshrug:

It's like they refuse logic and context. They view things through a broken eye lense. They are stuck on comparing instead of seeing what's happening in the aftermath. Smh how can all these self made millionaires be so clueless, out of touch and dumb?

Their minds go to a versus debate instead of seeing how MLK's death was one of many unnecessary deaths linked to George Floyd's murder to start another revolution.

Smh. These fools stuck on who did it better. Smh

Eclipser

All Star
Daps
What compels him to compare though? Why not just say George Floyd's death had worldwide impact due to the internet?
I know what he means but this guy obviously has no media training.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
He said it in a awkward way but he is not wrong. The change that MLK's assassination brought was nowhere as instant. There were no worldwide protests. There were riots in a dozen US cities, but not worldwide. Biden was alive and a adult by then so he knows how MLK was perceived. MLK was looked at as a nuisance and communist in 1968. Alot of white folks was glad he was gone because he was a troublemaker. King's legacy is far great over the years since his death. He should have just kept it to himself because it comes off like he is comparing the two.

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Months? You do know telephones and tv existed then?

People didn’t have to telegram across the Atlantic at the western union.
You know in the 60s everybody didn't have televisions? They didn't have satellite communication until 1963 when the first communications satellite was launched. He was killed in 68. You think everybody in the world had the capabilities to use it at that time? You think people in Russia, China, Australia cared that much about American civil rights affairs?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
You know in the 60s everybody didn't have televisions? They didn't have satellite communication until 1963 when the first communications satellite was launched. He was killed in 68. You think everybody in the world had the capabilities to use it at that time? You think people in Russia, China, Australia cared that much about American civil rights affairs?

JFK was killed in 63.

You don’t need to have a television in your home to get the breaking information from news broadcast. They simulcast their broadcast across radio as well.

I’m not arguing that people cared about MLK.

The basic fact is the information wouldn’t take months with radio, newspapers, television.

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
if you dont want white people to speak on black problems, how do you figure they would ever get resolved? you can't separate white people from black problems
Very true but i think most black people (myself included) aren't trying to hear it from them. Especially with the number of white people showing their asses now not even understanding why racism is bad. I feel like they can't speak on it bc they don't understand the very basics of our anger. I know all white people aren't the same but these days I don't know who's actually with us and who's trying to get photo ops.

Only family can speak on family problems

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
He's right. Back then, 80% of white America hated MLK. He was looked at a communist and folks was constantly threatening his life.

In fact, it took Representative John Conyers (Detroit) till the 80s to be able to pass his bill to make MLK day a national holiday if I'm not mistaken.

coli posters breh, coli posters. (not you)

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
why does he feel the need to even talk about anything black

shut the fukk up Biden with your blackfacts
Cuz he knows most black people are gonna vote for his racist ass either way just bc he’s a Democrat:dead:

It’s really no different than Trump stans that will defend every royal fukk up he does.

Karume

All Star
Daps
Very true but i think most black people (myself included) aren't trying to hear it from them. Especially with the number of white people showing their asses now not even understanding why racism is bad. I feel like they can't speak on it bc they don't understand the very basics of our anger. I know all white people aren't the same but these days I don't know who's actually with us and who's trying to get photo ops.

Only family can speak on family problems
still doesnt mean it makes sense. unless you are going to completely separate, there are no solutions minus white people

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
if you dont want white people to speak on black problems, how do you figure they would ever get resolved? you can't separate white people from black problems
We live under white supremacists. When other white people stand up, people tell them be quiet.

You can't keep white people out Black problem when they cause most of them.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

This. MLK was treated like an enemy of the state. And it certainly wasn't protests like this going on over his death. Joe was there, he would know. Biden2020

But him and Ginsburg need to chill in that bunker together. If they don't have one, Soros should build them one.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Eat a dikk, revisionist

17090510165644993.gif