Biden says MLK assassination ‘did not have the worldwide impact’ that George Floyd’s death did

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
No, you just don't know what the fukk you're talking about. The reason why there is simultaneous global outcry over the death of George Floyd is because we have the fukking internet.

You can post shyt up on on social media and everyone in the world can see it instantly. When MLK was murdered by the US gov't there were people that live on that same block that didn't even know he was assassinated.

That is not the world we live any longer...culture is starting to be homogenized due to new levels of connectivity. The Gov't is not the only spigot for information anymore.
That's exactly what Biden has said.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
It didnt. No matter what the white folks say about him now, they WANTED MLK GONE. The civil rights movement was made out to be an embarrassment for America. Mlk aired out our country's dirty laundry. They were called him a commie a few years before death.

Mlk was seen in a much greater positive like by the children of his contemporaries. His own generation disliked him.

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
He's right. Back then, 80% of white America hated MLK. He was looked at a communist and folks was constantly threatening his life.

MLK was so hated that they even assassinated his mom

I think his brother got assassinated too.

In fact, it took Representative John Conyers (Detroit) till the 80s to be able to pass his bill to make MLK day a national holiday if I'm not mistaken.

Yall brehs just dont know your history :yeshrug:
The stuff that's happening with white folks out in the street pushing for justice for us did not happen after MLKs death. The impact wasnt the same, you can blame it on internet or whatever. And if you're saying its the internet, then that's literally what Biden said. So you're agreeing with him

MLK in life had more of an impact than George Floyd of course.

But 2 weeks after his death? There wasnt any type of systemic change or as strong a push as there is now 2 weeks after his death. His impact hit over the years and even decades to follow
You are right on some points. It wasn't a world wide event like George Floyd but that's bc of the internet. It possibly took months to get to other countries. Some it took longer. Now they can see shyt go down in real time.

I think a lot of the problem with Biden is he's saying things some black people feel but we don't want a cac saying it. Like I know black people personally that said if you vote Trump you hate black people. Coming out of a cacs mouth makes it dirty. White people should never speak on black problems.

Last edited:

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He really aint wrong though. Protests and riots in 50 states and a couple dozen countries. Tens of Millions of dollars donated to black causes in the span of a couple weeks.

Has literally never happened before. I don’t know if the world has ever coalesced around one moment like they have Big Floyds death.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Yall are both right on some points. It wasn't a world wide event like George Floyd but that's bc of the internet. It possibly took months to get to other countries. Some it took longer. Now they can see shyt go down in real time.

I think a lot of the problem with Biden is he's saying things some black people feel but we don't want a cac saying it. Like I know black people personally that said if you vote Trump you hate black people. Coming out of a cacs mouth makes it dirty. White people should never speak on black problems.
Months? You do know telephones and tv existed then?

People didn’t have to telegram across the Atlantic at the western union.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Even Dr. King’s assassination did not have the worldwide impact that George Floyd’s death did,” Biden said.

“It’s just like television changed the Civil Rights movement for the better when they saw Bull Connor and his dogs ripping the clothes off of elderly black women going to church and firehoses ripping the skin off of young kids,” he continued.

“What happened to George Floyd — now you got how many people around the country, millions of cell phones. It’s changed the way everybody’s looking at this,” he continued. “Look at the millions of people marching around the world.

Reading more that just the title and I can't disagree with this.