Biden Campaign releases plan to empower black community

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What policies would you suggest?

They need a task force to randomly audit and impose huge fines for companies that pay black workers less than their white counterparts doing the same job. This is a huge problem. Black folks are overqualified and underpaid and everybody knows it. Personally I think all salaries should be public information just like govt salaries are. They wouldn't be able to pull off the discrimination anymore if that was the case.

Hiring quotas also need to be established as until companies can prove they can be trusted to hire qualified black folks. Black folks are deliberately shut out of higher paying industries and the data has proven this. silicon valley companies arent even trying. Twitters user base is about 30% black and they got almost zero black employees, not even in the marketing department to sell to their black user base.

They also need to allocate 50% of government contracts and grants in black communities to local 100% black owned businesses that are actually in those communities. That way they grow and hire from within and the community prospers.

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
So you expect the gov’t to read this post and cut you a check?
What are you actually doing to push your agenda? Whining on message boards? The definition of entitled smh
more cac babble :deadmanny: talking about handouts and entitlement as if white people (your people btw) aren't the most beggin people on the fukking planet :deadmanny:

and you have ignorant ass democratic shills supporting these republicans talking points, :mjpls:

y'all keep exposing yourselves to us. i love it :blessed:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lies, all lies :beli:

negged cac :smugbiden:
Empower?

Personally, I need to see Homeownership protection for ADOS from Waterbill and Trash liens and being overpriced for Property-taxes for undervalued homes.

I know in Michigan it's out of control and Local and State reps aint doing shyt about it. I know it's happening all over the U.S. too.

That ONE policy would save millions of ADOS from losing their homes. Also, paybacks for redlining in predominately ADOS communities.

Biden actually created and passed the bill prohibiting banks from circumventing the first anti redlining law.

I think property taxes are a state And city issue.

I'm glad hes doing the bare minimum by at least saying X is for black people instead of "people of color" or "disadvantaged minorities"

But as anyone will tell you, politicians will say anything to get elected. Better benign neglect than ACTIVE oppression imo

yep black specific compensation

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
With everything that's at stake, choosing not to vote overwhelmingly benefits only one side. Republicans are counting on us not showing up to vote.

By not voting, you're showing that you're content with how things are. I know it's cliche, but you really can't complain if you don't vote. If you want things to change, vote. It's as simple as that. There is power in your vote. That's why they work so hard to suppress it. If you think you have no power at all in your voice, then you won't.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Brehette.

And... I don't.

But, I have to call out the Obama Administration who knew about the issue for 8 years and didn't do anything specific to help. Even with the regulations.

My thing is this.

I have family that live and have lived in and around those affected Alabama town for generations. They are also Dems and loyal Dem voters - do they not deserve specification and a promise for change for their vote? Not just a general statement - that we have seen from the past doesn't mean anything.

I am calling everyone to task - Trump Admin and Obama Admin -- and asking for specifics on these very life or death issues.

And because of Trump's rollbacks - which greatly affect ADOS areas -- I would love some specifics on protecting our families specifically.

If we DO NOT ASK/DEMAND for specifics -- we DO NO receive the SPECIFIC help we need.

95 Environmental Rules Being Rolled Back Under Trump
I agree, but that's where the problem is. Too many of the people "demanding" specificity aren't doing anything to advance it. They just told their arms and pout. You were specific in your concerns, and that's valid. The next logical step should be organizing around the issue (any issue) to make it known for Biden and the media, right?

I wish there was more talk in that regard. Somewhere along the line people mixed up political pettiness with political action/viability and it's not cool :snoop:

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Coli Dem butt boys in here :mad::angry::fire: as usual :dead:

fukk Biden no matter how much you
aTMLvyA.jpg
:umad:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
They know this breh. They're playing dumb. And that is very dangerous in the grand scheme of things. :unimpressed:imagine being so scared of trump your willing to sell your people out for nothing just to impress the dems. :unimpressed:

People... no MY PEOPLE are dying everyday. And something needs to be addressed specifically to help them.

I don't understand what's so wrong with asking/demanding that he be specific to those who will and are going to support him. It's dire.

If we do not do this - especially for the candidate we will single-handily vote in - then we are shyt out of luck.

Like my idol Ms. Hurston says - and one of my fave quotes:

“If you are silent about your pain, they'll kill you and say you enjoyed it.” ― Zora Neale Hurston.

By us being silent and content with just some general wording and unspecific plan - when we continue to die and things get even worse they will say it's our fault for not speaking up and using our vote to demand help.

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
The plan also addressed climate issues through reinstating Obama-era policies aimed at coming up with solutions for environmental injustices, as well as aiming to decrease pollution, ensure safe drinking water and work to aid communities that have been negatively impacted by climate change.​

I wish I could trust this -- but I need specifics on the towns, areas and people this will help. We know who is in need -- make the solutions specific.

‘We’re not a dump’: Poor Alabama towns struggle under the stench of toxic landfills

A Red Dirt Town: An Enduring Legacy Of Toxic Pollution in Southern Waters
don't forget Welcome to “Cancer Alley,” Where Toxic Air Is About to… — ProPublica

Cool DOC

All Star
Daps
This thread needs a poll. Id like to see the numbers of the "No tangibles, no vote" people.

Id also like to see my name proudly represented with that group.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
:mjpls:so brehs lockdown don't matter huh

this is literally the same vague plan that has been on his website from the beginning. HBCU funding and prison reform are great. But dont impact the average working black person. The most important thing mentioned, ending the racial wealth and income gap, has no specifics behind it.

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
There will never be a reparations check for many reasons

1) Cacs
2) How much is enough?
3) Non ADOS trying to claim black
4) See 1-3

:unimpressed:
#ADOS – American Descendants of Slavery

there was a time when they told us slavery would never end, jim crow would never end, the black codes would never end.

instead of being defeatist let's share our beneficial political education with our people and bring truth to power :blessed:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I agree, but that's where the problem is. Too many of the people "demanding" specificity aren't doing anything to advance it. They just told their arms and pout. You were specific in your concerns, and that's valid. The next logical step should be organizing around the issue (any issue) to make it known for Biden and the media, right?

I wish there was more talk in that regard. Somewhere along the line people mixed up political pettiness with political action/viability and it's not cool :snoop:

I don't even know why you even chose to quote me. But, I have time :smile:

Best believe every issue I have stated as my concern - I have reached out to every rep and organization that I could find locally, state/region and each Candidate/Administration - to address the issue more than three times.

You and I are nothing alike. I don't use my ancestors and families experience and history to bait, troll and post wack ass gifs on a forum.