Better Villain: Joker or Killmonger? Better Actor in that role: Heath Ledger or Michael B Jordan?

Better Villain: Joker or Killmonger? Better Actor in that role: Heath Ledger or Michael B Jordan?

• Joker

Votes: 92 55.4%
  • Killmonger

Votes: 64 38.6%
  • Heath Ledger

Votes: 103 62.0%
  • Michael B Jordan

Votes: 33 19.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Killmonger was good but this just goes to show how terrible most movie villains are.

Give a villain a compelling backstory. Check
Make his motivations logical. Check
His world destruction plan actual makes sense and is decently plausible. Check

Killmonger was just okay. The movie overall missed beats that would be necessary to make those emotional bits work cause it only had two hours. Killmonger was one of them.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked Harvey Dent/Two-Face way more than The Joker in The Dark Knight. Aaron Eckhart was acting his ass off in that role and I don't think he gets enough credit since Ledger died before the movies release.

With that out the way I go with Killmonger. He was a villain with a reason you can legitimately understand and Jordan fleshed out the character with his acting. I'm not going to lie, I got a little misty eyed with the scene with his pops and the scene at the end.

Joker just felt like a character that just pops up here and there

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
After seeing the flick, he's a great villain and a great character. So if we're comparing him in terms of character, I'd say he's equal. If we're comparing to see who's more evil or a better villain, it's the Joker. They were both ruthless and heartless to get what they wanted, but Killmonger had an endgame. He wanted to restore some kind of order to his life and to the world around him. Joker just wanted to fukk shyt up because he could to prove a point. He wanted to throw a bomb in a crowd of people and laugh while they all burned. That is some sick shyt.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After seeing the flick, he's a great villain and a great character. So if we're comparing him in terms of character, I'd say he's equal. If we're comparing to see who's more evil or a better villain, it's the Joker. They were both ruthless and heartless to get what they wanted, but Killmonger had an endgame. He wanted to restore some kind of order to his life and to the world around him. Joker just wanted to fukk shyt up because he could to prove a point. He wanted to throw a bomb in a crowd of people and laugh while they all burned. That is some sick shyt.
That pretty much happens in real life but replace the bomb with an automatic gun

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That pretty much happens in real life but replace the bomb with an automatic gun

Exactly. Anarchy and chaos are real. And often there's no rhyme or reason. I can understand Eric and where he was coming from and parts of me even agrees with him. If any part of me agreed with the joker, I'd question my sanity

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. Anarchy and chaos are real. And often there's no rhyme or reason. I can understand Eric and where he was coming from and parts of me even agrees with him. If any part of me agreed with the joker, I'd question my sanity
Majority of those mass shooters and people I saw going crazy for Heath Joker do have one thing in common :mjpls:
:hubie:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Killmonger was good but this just goes to show how terrible most movie villains are.

Give a villain a compelling backstory. Check
Make his motivations logical. Check
His world destruction plan actual makes sense and is decently plausible. Check

Killmonger was just okay. The movie overall missed beats that would be necessary to make those emotional bits work cause it only had two hours. Killmonger was one of them.

The problem is that he's a one-off villain...who's not named Bane. So he was in and out. MBJ was perfect for the role, the story however, isn't going to allow him to "win" passed a certain point. Even when they did it with Bane, they had to literally write a very poor reason as to Batman winning the second 1v1 they have.

I do enjoy the story of wold domination via the history of America....had cacs walking out and I loved it.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
But Erik wasn't a villain...he was a good guy in my opinion...

T'Chaka killed his own brother and lied to an entire nation, leaving his next in line in a remote location. Total piece of shyt move. Erik still loved his country, and literally did what America did in Spain and the Phillipines....he was a "good" guy for his people, but he lacked compassion, a valuable asset at war time.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also the joker has been done countless times on tv and in movies. So ledger had folks to study from and nuild off of.

Mike didnt have the same thing with killmonger he was going off a clean slate. Which can be good but also very hard because you have nothing to go off of.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Killmonger was planning to kill innocents and children, please stop this good guy talk :mjlol:

Breh killed his girl without blinking too.

As villains/characters they're quite equal in my book. Joker really zoned in on fukking with Batman, Killmonger never really lost sight of his plan for the larger scope .

Heath pushed the acting bit harder than Mike tho. Mike did his thing absolutely but Heath went out of this world with it.