Better Villain: Joker or Killmonger? Better Actor in that role: Heath Ledger or Michael B Jordan?

Better Villain: Joker or Killmonger? Better Actor in that role: Heath Ledger or Michael B Jordan?

• Joker

Votes: 92 55.4%
  • Killmonger

Votes: 64 38.6%
  • Heath Ledger

Votes: 103 62.0%
  • Michael B Jordan

Votes: 33 19.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
not even 24 hours yet :laff:

tenor.gif

Yeah. Pretty much. I'll wait a few months and then come back to this thread.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah Killmonger wasn't a villain in my eyes but the way he set out his plan was villainous....

that's my only gripe with the character...he falls into the marvel villain line of thinking that they arent true villains...they only 'villains' cause of circumstances.....i hope they break that mold for thanos...they better let him be a villain cause he wants to be...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all nikkas just cool with him choking out someone old enough to be y’all mamas cause he hates white people?

that's not why i dont think he's not a villain...to me, he's not a villain because he wasnt doing fukked up shyt cause he wanted to....he was turned to the bad side by circumstance...and ultimately, his end goal was some righteous shyt: free the oppressed....he's no different than scarlet witch/quick silver in AOU, nemo in CW, the dude from IM2, etc.....and that's the issue marvel has had with villains: they scared to make up a straight up 'doing fukked up shyt cause i want to/enjoy it' type villain....hopefully they do that with thanos...

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
that's not why i dont think he's not a villain...to me, he's not a villain because he wasnt doing fukked up shyt cause he wanted to....he was turned to the bad side by circumstance...and ultimately, his end goal was some righteous shyt: free the oppressed....he's no different than scarlet witch/quick silver in AOU, nemo in CW, the dude from IM2, etc.....and that's the issue marvel has had with villains: they scared to make up a straight up 'doing fukked up shyt cause i want to/enjoy it' type villain....hopefully they do that with thanos...
Once again
Y’all ok with him potentially genocide any potential heirs of the wakanan throne by burning the one plant that allows Kings to become black panther like, choking and cutting women throats, pitting men and women who lived peacefully against each other and all in the name of genocide of not just white people but anybody that opposes him? Just cause I’m theory he had a logical reason for it? He was a villain he didn’t chose to become crazy but he chose every decision that led to his own death after his fathers desth. He said he waited his whole life to beat tchalla ass and did it and then decided to turn wakanda in to the very thing he grew up hating but became incorporated within: a dethroner of political hierarchy and country destroyer.

He shot his own girlfriend in the face because she was an obstacle. He even told his dead daddy who he claimed to be revenging that asked him why he wasn’t crying for him and he simply told him “people die everyday round here”

He was a man who if he was raised properly been a asset to wakanda but maybe he isn’t driven insane to become such a murderous revenge driven person if t’chaka brought him home? Or maybe he ends up finding out what happened to his dad and kills t’chata himself? It’s one of those tough choices Kong’s have to make which is why he was a villain and opposition of the sensible but heroic t’challa.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once again
Y’all ok with him potentially genocide any potential heirs of the wakanan throne by burning the one plant that allows Kings to become black panther like, choking and cutting women throats, pitting men and women who lived peacefully against each other and all in the name of genocide of not just white people but anybody that opposes him? Just cause I’m theory he had a logical reason for it? He was a villain he didn’t chose to become crazy but he chose every decision that led to his own death after his fathers desth. He said he waited his whole life to beat tchalla ass and did it and then decided to turn wakanda in to the very thing he grew up hating but became incorporated within: a dethroner of political hierarchy and country destroyer.

He shot his own girlfriend in the face because she was an obstacle. He even told his dead daddy who he claimed to be revenging that asked him why he wasn’t crying for him and he simply told him “people die everyday round here”

He was a man who if he was raised properly been a asset to wakanda but maybe he isn’t driven insane to become such a murderous revenge driven person if t’chaka brought him home? Or maybe he ends up finding out what happened to his dad and kills t’chata himself? It’s one of those tough choices Kong’s have to make which is why he was a villain and opposition of the sensible but heroic t’challa.

the man was driven to those levels of crazy cause of what happened to him from a young age....a lot of that shyt couldve been different if t'chaka doesnt kill his father, t'chaka takes him in after killing his father, if wakanda wasnt isolated, etc...he wasnt on some 'fukk the world up just cause' shyt, which is more of a villain to me....

wakanda turning on itself was happening before he showed up...the get out dude already said he wanted to go out and cleanse the world, he just needed the word from t'challa.....lupita was saying the same shyt as far as helping other blacks in the world......man-ape was questioning going all in with technology instead of traditions.....all the arrival of killmonger did was bring that shyt out more....

yea, he said he waited his whole life to beat t'challa ass, but that was more so that he could use wakanda to help free oppressed people...

we dont know if his girl is dead....we didnt see her actually dead, and you know how movies go......you ignoring that in the next scene, as a grown man, he was crying while talking to his dead father...the kid was putting up a front, trying to be tough, but he could only fake that so long....

that's where i disagree.....yea, the movie is supposed to show t'challa as a hero, but that doesnt mean that makes anyone that opposes him a villain....if anything, they made t'challa to weak/unsure of himself to try to push the hero spotlight on him, but that's a different topic.....anyway, to me, killmonger is no more a villain than bucky was in winter soldier, nemo in CW, etc....yea, they are the opposing people against the heroes, but that doesnt mean they are villains....

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Heath Ledger is the quintessential Joker. No other comic book villain can compare to that Joker. MBJ's Killimonger is far more layered and definitely has more depth. But as a villain, he wasn't nearly as effective or villainous as HL's Joker.

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
For one Joker is an enigmatic cultural icon. No doubt from being the antagonist, villain and antithesis to Batman. There’s no dependency on super powers rather the deconstruction of human psyche. We can explain and relate to Killmongers intention but Joker? I compare it to looking into abyss/darkness you just don’t know what’s out there. Heath had a wealth of material to work with and he dedicated himself to becoming him: so much so his interpretation set a standard of realistic villain and cinematic joker. Micheal B had to borrow from his tapes. If you can relate to his actions he ceases to be a villain but an anti-hero. There’s no blurred line s with villains.