Better Villain: Joker or Killmonger? Better Actor in that role: Heath Ledger or Michael B Jordan?

Better Villain: Joker or Killmonger? Better Actor in that role: Heath Ledger or Michael B Jordan?

• Joker

Votes: 92 55.4%
  • Killmonger

Votes: 64 38.6%
  • Heath Ledger

Votes: 103 62.0%
  • Michael B Jordan

Votes: 33 19.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Killmonger is a villain who was a hero. That's just the way I see it. They will need him now that the CIA knows
6072974-wakands+space+empire.png

CIA ain’t ready for this. :wow:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We all resonate with Killmonger. Don’t even consider him a villain.
He was a villain because he was an overtly radical version of a black activist
He had revenge in his mind and that revenge wa sjustified but when blinded by revenge people like killmonger will step on even allies to see their vision realized. Same revenge black panther had in civil war but he realized that hatred consumed him and he couldn’t lead his people that way. It’s like Shane and rick from the walking dead

Shane wasn’t wrong for some of his motivations but wrong for his personal issues spilling over

Killmonger even said “the world took everything from me, everything I loved” so he was willing to destroy everyone based on that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Cast two votes. Pick one villain and one actor.

In your opinion which was the better villain?

The Joker

dark-knight-heath-ledger.jpg

giphy.gif

...or Killmonger

AcjRtpY.jpg

tumblr_oxx8xbW5wH1w36i71o2_400.gif

Forgetting your favorite villain out of the two, which actor gave the better performance as the villain?

Discuss why.
Will see BP soon but that Joker is gonna be hard to top.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I agree to disagree. Not being a prisoner of the moment, but Killmonger resonates better with me as a villain, when considering the current social and political climate. The Joker would make the nightly news as a “disturbed and troubled man with psychological issues” while Killmonger would be labeled “ungrateful former soldier turned terrorist and black identity extremist”.

Do I personally see his views as villainous? No. But that’s the genius of his character and the writing. He divides the audience right down the middle. The best villain is the one half the audience will root for. Whole essays can be written on Killmonger’s ideology.
Agreed

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I agree to disagree. Not being a prisoner of the moment, but Killmonger resonates better with me as a villain, when considering the current social and political climate. The Joker would make the nightly news as a “disturbed and troubled man with psychological issues” while Killmonger would be labeled “ungrateful former soldier turned terrorist and black identity extremist”.

Do I personally see his views as villainous? No. But that’s the genius of his character and the writing. He divides the audience right down the middle. The best villain is the one half the audience will root for. Whole essays can be written on Killmonger’s ideology.
Damn I came in ready to say Joke and Heath but this really got me thinking about it now. What I loved about MBJ's portrayal was that he was not over the top with being a villain. The most dangerous "villains" are the ones who would inspire followers. MBJ played it off where you could see him leading the masses and came off like a real leader. Heath's Joker gave off a crazy sense of danger and like he just wanted to turn the world on its shoulders.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Easily Killmonger. Joker was amazing in TDK but ultimately that was just some crazy dude beefing with Batman.

Killmonger's personal motivations had people really split down the middle. You feel him on some level.
That Joker played by Heath made that movie arguably one of the best comic movies of all time. Nobody said Heath could do it but he carried that movie basically by himself to greatness. Like I said I haven't seen BP but that's gonna be hard to top.

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
Damn I came in ready to say Joke and Heath but this really got me thinking about it now. What I loved about MBJ's portrayal was that he was not over the top with being a villain. The most dangerous "villains" are the ones who would inspire followers. MBJ played it off where you could see him leading the masses and came off like a real leader. Heath's Joker gave off a crazy sense of danger and like he just wanted to turn the world on its shoulders.

Exactly. It’s Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock vs Dallas Shooter Micah Johnson. The man who killed more (Paddock) has been reduced to a “disturbed” man on anti-anxiety pills. He had no apparent or released motive. Micah, on the other hand, killed fewer people but inspired the Black Identity Extremist designation that law enforcement and the FBI is actively using. Hell, Nikolas Cruz killed more people than Micah Johnson and now they’re calling him an orphan “kid” and playing up sympathy for him even though legally he’s a grown man. The true fear is a black uprising.