better black superheros dc or marvel

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
true, first doesn't mean the most innovative, but this started cause you said first black hero, first teenage hero, first gay hero, etc.....when I proved that was dc, then you switched to innovative....now, who is more innovative is opinion...you think it's marvel, that's cool....

Innovative isnt opinion at all breh, all that stuff I was saying in my last paragraph are straight facts :yeshrug:.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
hell no they don't predate ww....she debuted in 1943...black panther debuted in 1966, and cap marvel (the woman - carol) and jj debuted after him.....but i give marvel their due cause they pushed black panther, which made him the first black super hero getting pushed like that.....anyway, as for the movies, when talking about their mu (only 1 in at the time - MoS), DC announced ww, cyborg, a non white flash lead, and a non white aquaman lead movies.....we can also throw in SS with will and shazaam with the rock.....where as marvel, which is around 12 movies in so far, has only had white males as the lead....it's so bad, they got called out for excluding black widow in promotions and in the toy line.....anyway, after DC made their announcement, marvel then started pushing females and non whites in their movie plans by announcing black panther, the wasp, and a female cap marvel movie....
They didn't push it. They released it the same with everything else. They already minority character they just were given leads because they were building around the avengers who were all white. It wasn;t cause and effect Marvel has always been planning as they go along none of it has anything to do with DC.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
marvel has a tendency to start something great, then ruining it with bullshyt story line or cancelling to early.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Yet where was that push for Dr. Voodoo Sorcerer Supreme at. Where his sorcerer supreme book :laugh:

nikkas need to be honest neither company is good with black characters and usually relegate them to back ground characyers, And as far as of wider media D.C. has done more for black characters with shows like static, John on JLU, and Kaldor on Young Justice than Marvel ever has that is until Black Panther comes out.

They gave him a push. It actually had Remender on it when he was on fire. It was supposed to be an ongoing, but it was cancelled after 5 for lack of sales and interest. It was pretty good, but they probably should have done a mini first, since he's what F-List?

Now are we talking comics or other media? If it's comics, Marvel is leading by far. They pushed Miles, War Machine, Bishop was everyone's favorite X-Man for a while, rode the Blade wave several times..Misty was given a few books. Luke Cage was leader of the best Avengers team during that era. But not everyone is a lead person, and it will take everything to work for some to become that prominent character. That Blue Marvel push right now is insane, because he's quite boring. Power Man (Victor) got a nice push for a while. As for Storm, her books are weak because not too many know what to do with her. She's a goddess, monarch and girl-next-door all rolled in one, and in her books they make her too much of one thing. I always thought that her marriage to BP read like an arranged marriage. She was better with Forge. And then I always knew the marriage wouldn't work, because in every alt future, she's with Logan. I do think they need to pair some of the black characters though. I want to see the Bakian's back (family from SW Infinity Gauntlet) and pair Anwen and Miles, pair Patriot with Idie, Spectrum with Falcon...

DC effs up because if the Majors really believe that other media increase book interest, there's no reason why Static or Stewart should be where they are. Then again, if you ain't Bats, they don't give an eff about you.

Daps
Reppin
Cashville, 10
bl10c.jpg

:skip:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Its like every black character created in the late 60s-70s was always fighting to uplift the slums and speaking in jive talk when they were out in public.
Silly white guys doing all their research on black people by watching Shaft and shyt.
AjTJBAd.jpg

I do think DC is fukking up by not pushing Black Lightning more.

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Blue Marvel will fukk some shyt up. Nobody wants them problems

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Oh trust NEITHER of the big two have a long upstanding history of showing respect and consistent quality when it comes to their black heroes.

Even Black Panther, my FAVORITE all time hero, was given the shaft something TERRIBLE during Hickman's most recent run. They emasculated him to the point where it was insulting to continue reading.

However Marvel has in recent years I believe, taken some strides to right their wrongs. Black Panther, Blue Marvel, and Spectrum are headlining the Ultimates, who recently "cured" Galactus. Black Panther of course, has his own comic debuting next week written by a brother and getting MAJOR push. Not to mention the Black Panther solo film coming in 2018. Storm has had her own solo and mini series over the years and continues to be a major character within X-Men titles. Luke Cage is getting his own book again with Iron Fist and of course his Netflix series is premiering in September. Miles Morales proved to be so popular that he was folded into Marvel canon and has his own series.

Again I ask, what the fukk has DC done? Their two most popular and well known black heroes they go to great pains to minimize. There's no sense whatsoever in not maximizing the potential of Static Shock, who could really be DC's Spider-Man (kid in High School who juggles being a hero with every day adolescent struggles) they've tried to push Hal Jordan over John Stewart in EVERY SINGLE medium of Green Lantern that wasn't the Justice League/JLU animated series. The only form of marketing or push they are giving a black character is the one who isn't even a real man, he's a robot who spends his time watching the other heroes do their thing :martin:

So DC gets no points whatsoever from me
:what:

John Stewart was the face of the animated Justice Leage and had the most episodes revolved around him. Thanks McDuffie for pushing him out to the fore front.

Static had a long standing cartoon show. Better then that crap Marvel had put out. Thanks again MCDuffie.

Cyborg is about to have his own movie AS WELL AS John being the main GL from earth in the DCCU.

Blsck Manta is the most bad ass blsck villian of all time and he hires nothing but blscks as his hedge men so he could esblalish a utopia for black people because of the racism from land. Which blsck person cannot relate to that :what:

His son Aqualad was the leader of Young Justice. Intelligent as well strong.

Lucious Fox (not really a hero) runs the most successful business in DC

AMANDA Waller > Storm's bedwenching ass.

Now let's see for Marvel: Warmachine = a goddamn sidekick :martin:

Falcon: A goddamn sidekick who talks to birds :martin: Laaaaammmme

Miles MorAles: legacy character :camby:

Blade: respectable but neglected

Black Panther: been spat on and been left to his grave :scust:

Storm = bedwench and self loathing

Bishop = originally alborigine now retconned to be blsck? :what:

We can go down the list

Pearlmutter is the SOLE reason why Ioathe Marvel. How they handled the storm/BP marriage is absolutely deplorable. fukk Marvel :pacspit:

Last edited:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Marvel pretty handedly

Falcon
Black Panther
Blue Marvel
Luke Cage
Spectrum
Miles Morales
Brother Voodoo
Misty Knight
Bishop
Storm
War Machine
Blade
Ultimate Nick Fury
Blur

They put waay more effort into them
No they don't :what:

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
No they don't :what:

Breh DC hasnt even made any black character live action yet save for Cyborg and i might be missing someone. this is not even arguable. Hell Marvel has made more black people animated than DC and DC has ran the animated comic market.

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Breh DC hasnt even made any black character live action yet save for Cyborg and i might be missing someone. this is not even arguable.
Steel?

DC hasn't been touching their other properties for movies historically other then the big two.

How many of them have their own comic or has appeared as leaders of teams and had been pushed to the forefront, I'll wait. Overall DC has handled their blsck characters better then marvel has

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Steel?

DC hasn't been touching their other properties for movies historically other then the big two.

How many of them have their own comic or has appeared as leaders of teams and had been pushed to the forefront, I'll wait. Overall DC has handled their blsck characters better then marvel has

Miles Morales
Brother Voodoo
Black Panther
Falcon
Blade
Storm
War Machine
Luke Cage

All had successful solos. Storm has DEFINITELY lead X-Men teams, as well as Falcon leading Avengers teams. Brother Voodoo became Sorcerer Supreme in Doctor Stranges absence. Luke Cages Heroes for Hire stories with Iron Fist are legendary. War Machine has had successful solos etc.. Misty Knight was apart of the Daughters of the Dragon etc.... Breh, DC has definitely not pushed their black heroes to the same notoriety as a group as Marvel. Only ones are John Stewart, and Static Shock. Cyborg and Aqualad barely honorable mentions. Ask someone on the street that has basic comic knowledge, theyre gonna know more black Marvel characters off top guaranteed. And it's a shame because DC has some really cool black characters.