better black superheros dc or marvel

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I already spoke on Storm's ridiculous wenching in another post and the DISPICABLE handling of the BP-Storm marriage and break up. That shyt was absolutely unforgivable. However I also said that recently their diversity push in both the Comics and Cinematic universe have felt more organic and have been asvertised and promoted MUCH better than anything DC has done. They've got T'Challa, Spectrum, and Blue Marvel heading the Ultimates, which just cured Galactus. BP is going to have his own solo series in a little less than a week and has already hit number 1. Luke Cage is coming back with his own book with Iron Fist.

DC isn't really doing shyt outside of a pathetic character in Cyborg. They've got a TON of black characters who have real potential that get shafted. @MartyMcFly just refereed me to an interview I just read by the guy who was doing the Static Shock series that they cancelled prematurely. Where's the push for Mr. Terrific? Black Lightening? Why isn't John Stewart getting a MAJOR push as the Green Lantern that has the most appeal thanks to Dwayne Mcduffie and the Justice League animated series? Even in the DC television universe, the only black character of note (firestorm) has to merge with A CAC to access his powers :wtf:

this isn't true....as a whole media wise, dc has done more diversity wise with their characters than marvel has....that's one reason why people weren't coming at DC like they were at marvel, especially about the movies....marvel is what, around 12+ movies deep, and yet most of their movies have been about white male leads.....dc was 1 movie deep into their MU and already talking about movies with women and people of color as the leads....hence the reason marvel started with the talk & pushing of women and people of color in their movies all of a sudden...

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Nobody gives a fukk about Cyborg when DC has pushed him as one of the most prominent Justice League characters?
Yes I know its absurd

John during JL series popularity was god tier you had people who never read comic books thinking John was the 1st green L. but dc saw that shyt and push him back in the bus

Static when he had his own show became popular among fans, DC saw that and fuk his potential and push him back of the bus

Cyborg is just like steel to me....They should just make a teen titans movie with him

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
He asked for characters...not importance :manny:
tumblr_inline_mqk2kbHL0O1qz4rgp.png

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Marvel

Historically both companies have been pretty ass about it tho.

But end of the day, Black Panther is Marvel's greatest male hero
John Stewart is DC's greatest male hero

And the differences behind how they've been pushed basically sums it up: BP they want his popularity to transcend race/culture/nationality the same way they've done with Ironman, Hulk, Thor, etc.

John Stewart despite any potential popularity, marketability, transcendence... they just want him to be something less than Hal Jordan, and would rather try to shoehorn Cyborg as the prominent black character at DC but then do absolutely nothing with him for years but make him sit in the watchtower as monitor duty for the JL. Literally was just Batman's oversized emo calculator.

Now DC's animated creators of a decade ago (Timm/McDuffie) + the Young Justice creators probably did the single best job of black excellence over a period of time (Stewart, Static, Kaldur, + the misc characters). Only problem is DC dropped the ball on the carry over. They were never serious on capitalizing on those successes, as was blatantly clear in their garbage attempts at Static and Kaldur, plus their plans to kill off John Stewart in the comics before the writer they were pressuring to do that quit, let the cat out of the bag, and caused fan outrage at DC.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
this isn't true....as a whole media wise, dc has done more diversity wise with their characters than marvel has....that's one reason why people weren't coming at DC like they were at marvel, especially about the movies....marvel is what, around 12+ movies deep, and yet most of their movies have been about white male leads.....dc was 1 movie deep into their MU and already talking about movies with women and people of color as the leads....hence the reason marvel started with the talk & pushing of women and people of color in their movies all of a sudden...
All of a sudden? I'm pretty sure Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Jessica Jones predate WW and what movie has a person of color leading? Suicide Squad?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
All of a sudden? I'm pretty sure Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Jessica Jones predate WW and what movie has a person of color leading? Suicide Squad?
Disney announced Captain Marvel and Black Panther after DC had made their announcement about Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Aquaman (who is now not white) getting movies.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Disney announced Captain Marvel and Black Panther after DC had made their announcement about Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Aquaman (who is now not white) getting movies.
So I was wrong, but DC's heroes are founding members of the Justice League while Marvel's aren't as well known. Momoa is half-white and Marvel's plan to have more diverse leads doesn't mean it was affected by DC because all those movies were announced with the entirety of phase 3. :yeshrug:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Marvel. You have Black Panther, Storm, Luke Cage, Falcon/Captain America, Miles Morales, Bishop, and Blade. The one thing I hate is that both companies never have their black characters with other black people. You had Panther and Storm together and they break up only for Storm to go fukk with Wolverine :scust:

Luke Cage with a white girl, Bishop messed with a white looking alien (Deathbird), Storm had a on again off again relationship with a Native American(Forge) Misty Knight messing with a white guy (Iron Fist), and you got Falcon/Cap messing with Thor (Jane Foster):scust: