better black superheros dc or marvel

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
this isn't true....as a whole media wise, dc has done more diversity wise with their characters than marvel has....that's one reason why people weren't coming at DC like they were at marvel, especially about the movies....marvel is what, around 12+ movies deep, and yet most of their movies have been about white male leads.....dc was 1 movie deep into their MU and already talking about movies with women and people of color as the leads....hence the reason marvel started with the talk & pushing of women and people of color in their movies all of a sudden...

nikka that is just not true in the slightest. :mjlol: Marvel was always known as the innovator in the industry. First black super hero, first teenage super hero, first gay super hero etc all marvel

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
For live action movies.

Marvel/New Line/WB: Blade

DC/WB: Steel

I think Marvel got this one.

Its going to take Marvel 20 years to come out with a main staring black comic book character movie, since the original Blade with Black Panther.

Side note there was Spawn but he's from Image comics. The movie came out with New Line a year before Blade came out.

Overall it's not good looks it shouldn't have been a 20 year gap for black oriented comic book movies.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of a sudden? I'm pretty sure Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Jessica Jones predate WW and what movie has a person of color leading? Suicide Squad?

hell no they don't predate ww....she debuted in 1943...black panther debuted in 1966, and cap marvel (the woman - carol) and jj debuted after him.....but i give marvel their due cause they pushed black panther, which made him the first black super hero getting pushed like that.....anyway, as for the movies, when talking about their mu (only 1 in at the time - MoS), DC announced ww, cyborg, a non white flash lead, and a non white aquaman lead movies.....we can also throw in SS with will and shazaam with the rock.....where as marvel, which is around 12 movies in so far, has only had white males as the lead....it's so bad, they got called out for excluding black widow in promotions and in the toy line.....anyway, after DC made their announcement, marvel then started pushing females and non whites in their movie plans by announcing black panther, the wasp, and a female cap marvel movie....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka that is just not true in the slightest. :mjlol: Marvel was always known as the innovator in the industry. First black super hero, first teenage super hero, first gay super hero etc all marvel

umm, no....I gave marvel credit for pushing the first black super hero (black panther), but that's where it stops....DC has always been the leader with diversity when it comes to their characters....mainly cause DC was first out the gate, marvel followed them, including 'borrowing' a lot of character ideas from DC to create characters......anyway, first teenager was robin in 1940....first gay super hero as a comic lead was the female question...after her was the gay green lantern...ww debuted in 1943....so that's women, gays, teenagers....what other category you want?....and that's just comics, don't get me started when it comes to tv, movies, etc...

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
umm, no....I gave marvel credit for pushing the first black super hero (black panther), but that's where it stops....DC has always been the leader with diversity when it comes to their characters....mainly cause DC was first out the gate, marvel followed them, including 'borrowing' a lot of character ideas from DC to create characters......anyway, first teenager was robin in 1940....first gay super hero as a comic lead was the female question...after her was the gay green lantern...ww debuted in 1943....so that's women, gays, teenagers....what other category you want?....and that's just comics, don't get me started when it comes to tv, movies, etc...

Breh Robin was a side kick, not a super hero. He didnt have his own series like Spiderman, Spiderman is universally known as the first teenage hero with his own solo series.

Extrano, DC, was the first openly gay hero, and did come out before North star no lie. But Northstar was given waaaay more of a spotlight by Marvel.

But Marvel is universally considered the more innovative when it comes to comics, not to discredit DC, but it's facts

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh Robin was a side kick, not a super hero. He didnt have his own series like Spiderman, Spiderman is universally known as the first teenage hero with his own solo series.

Extrano, DC, was the first openly gay hero, and did come out before North star no lie. But Northstar was given waaaay more of a spotlight by Marvel.

But Marvel is universally considered the more innovative when it comes to comics, not to discredit DC, but it's facts

robin had his own comic line starting in like the 40s man lol....and if he's not a super hero, neither is batman, and I know that's not the road you wanna go down....hell, if you don't wanna count robin, super boy had his own comic line starting in the 40s too....anyway, while yes spiderman is probably the most well known teenage super hero, he wasn't first, which is what you said...just like DC also had the first gay character (like you admitted) and the first woman.....

and no, those aren't facts.....marvel is not considered the more innovative....like I said: besides black panther, DC beat them to the punch with everything when it comes to diversity with the characters.....that doesn't take away from marvel at all nor does it say DC is the greatest, i'm just stating facts when it comes to diversity....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't read comics at all but it looks like there are a ton of characters so why do they keep remaking batman and spidermans?

cause they make money...and in the end, that's all that matters....

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
robin had his own comic line starting in like the 40s man lol....and if he's not a super hero, neither is batman, and I know that's not the road you wanna go down....hell, if you don't wanna count robin, super boy had his own comic line starting in the 40s too....anyway, while yes spiderman is probably the most well known teenage super hero, he wasn't first, which is what you said...just like DC also had the first gay character (like you admitted) and the first woman.....

and no, those aren't facts.....marvel is not considered the more innovative....like I said: besides black panther, DC beat them to the punch with everything when it comes to diversity with the characters.....that doesn't take away from marvel at all nor does it say DC is the greatest, i'm just stating facts when it comes to diversity....

Being first isnt the definition of innovation at all breh. Taking something to the next level is innovation. And that is an area that Marvel has managed to beat DC in

That's why Spiderman murdered Robin, why Northstar outshined DC gay heroes, how X Men beat Teen Titans, how Marvels black characters beat DC's etc

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Night Thrasher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any of the 3 black DC characters I heard of

#typingupstupidassshytbeforeworktocompetewithotherpostersstupidassshyt

:troll:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being first isnt the definition of innovation at all breh. Taking something to the next level is innovation. And that is an area that Marvel has managed to beat DC in

That's why Spiderman murdered Robin, why Northstar outshined DC gay heroes, how X Men beat Teen Titans, how Marvels black characters beat DC's etc

true, first doesn't mean the most innovative, but this started cause you said first black hero, first teenage hero, first gay hero, etc.....when I proved that was dc, then you switched to innovative....now, who is more innovative is opinion...you think it's marvel, that's cool....

3:30

Thread Killer
Daps
Reppin
3:30
forgot about batwing who is that dude. Sunshine superman lol
Steele and mr terrific which were actually in jl unlimited. Aqua lad in young justice even though his leadership was in constant struggle w robin. Power man is trash

I think Martian man hunter is black