better black superheros dc or marvel

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
marvel gets the edge cause black panther was the first and they give a lil more push to theirs....but the gap's a lot closer than people are saying...

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Breh Falcon Cap is a walking "L" in his own books, and Storm is the ideal image of a bed wrench giving Logan the goods just aftEr breaking up with BP. And all the others might as well be tokens bc they get no real push, no one know who a brother voodoo is :laugh:

I give Marvel the edge simply bc of BP is King. And the one thing I hated about D,C, is that in Marvel the most advance civilization on Earth is in Africa ran by black Africans, in D,C. it's in Africa ran by fukking gorillas :francis:

I already spoke on Storm's ridiculous wenching in another post and the DISPICABLE handling of the BP-Storm marriage and break up. That shyt was absolutely unforgivable. However I also said that recently their diversity push in both the Comics and Cinematic universe have felt more organic and have been asvertised and promoted MUCH better than anything DC has done. They've got T'Challa, Spectrum, and Blue Marvel heading the Ultimates, which just cured Galactus. BP is going to have his own solo series in a little less than a week and has already hit number 1. Luke Cage is coming back with his own book with Iron Fist.

DC isn't really doing shyt outside of a pathetic character in Cyborg. They've got a TON of black characters who have real potential that get shafted. @MartyMcFly just refereed me to an interview I just read by the guy who was doing the Static Shock series that they cancelled prematurely. Where's the push for Mr. Terrific? Black Lightening? Why isn't John Stewart getting a MAJOR push as the Green Lantern that has the most appeal thanks to Dwayne Mcduffie and the Justice League animated series? Even in the DC television universe, the only black character of note (firestorm) has to merge with A CAC to access his powers :wtf:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Breh Falcon Cap is a walking "L" in his own books, and Storm is the ideal image of a bed wrench giving Logan the goods just aftEr breaking up with BP. And all the others might as well be tokens bc they get no real push, no one know who a brother voodoo is :laugh:

I give Marvel the edge simply bc of BP is King. And the one thing I hated about D,C, is that in Marvel the most advance civilization on Earth is in Africa ran by black Africans, in D,C. it's in Africa ran by fukking gorillas :francis:

Brother voodoo actually became the sorcerer supreme for a moment from what I've heard on a podcast.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Brother voodoo actually became the sorcerer supreme for a moment from what I've heard on a podcast.
Yet where was that push for Dr. Voodoo Sorcerer Supreme at. Where his sorcerer supreme book :laugh:

nikkas need to be honest neither company is good with black characters and usually relegate them to back ground characters, And as far as of wider media D.C. has done more for black characters with shows like static, John on JLU, and Kaldor on Young Justice than Marvel ever has that is until Black Panther comes out.

Last edited:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a DC person but Marvel wins this by far. The most iconic black comic book character (Storm) is Marvel.

DC has only just now started promoting Vixen the past ten years with one standalone comic, cartoon and first live action appearance.

Last edited:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm a DC person by Marvel wins this by far. The most iconic black comic book character (Storm) is Marvel.

DC has only just now started promoting Vixen the past ten years with one standalone comic, cartoon and first live action appearance.
Storm is the most iconic black comic book character??

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yet where was that push for Dr. Voodoo Sorcerer Supreme at. Where his sorcerer supreme book :laugh:

nikkas need to be honest neither company is good with black characters and usually relegate them to back ground characyers, And as far as of wider media D.C. has done more for black characters with shows like static, John on JLU, and Kaldor on Young Justice than Marvel ever has that is until Black Panther comes out.

Word

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I'd say Marvel just because of black panther. But DC has John Stewart, Vixen, Static Shock, Cyborg, Val-Zod, Bumblebee, Steel, Black lightening, and the list goes on. You could possibly include Martian Manhunter since one of his main personas is black :ld:
Nobody give a fuk about those characters like that