better black superheros dc or marvel

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
So batman doesn't count breh? or Superman before that? Not dissing blade but yeah

I meant the current Marvel run, sorry, wasn't clear about that. DC was running shyt with those Batman/Superman films then Blade came along and made over $100mil at the box office, had Marvel execs like :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kaldor is in comics breh
Cool. I just know he started out in a cartoon like Harley Quinn did. Funny enough, Quinn is only now getting a live action debut.

DC dropped the ball with Static. He should've been in the up and up, especially with him previously having a successful show.
Yeah, there's no good explanation as to why they didn't continue pushing. Dude was more popular than Iron Man was back then.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They put Aqualad in the comics?:ohhh:I know Greg Weisman created him for Young Justice cartoon...which I need to finish.
Yea, and he looks like this.

:mjlol:

It's Garth.

The Aqualad you're thinking of (Kaldur) currently doesn't exist in DC Comics.

He hasn't existed since 2011 when they pulled some version out their ass to coincide with the tv show... and that lasted all but a year (2010-2011) before they rebooted the entire DC comic-verse and decided he wasn't worth recreating. Mind you he looked nothing like Kaldur, more like static shock's younger brother braids n all, was raised by foster parents on land, no atlantean upbringing, and his real father (Manta) straight up tells him that he (and his mother) meant nothing to him and was about to kill him before Aquaman's broad saved him.

That's the 'black excellence' they chose to carry over to the comics before they threw him to the bushes.:mjpls:
Context is a muthafukker

It's why i said what i did earlier about DC Animated vs DC Comics when it comes to.. certain things..

Timm/McDuffie and those Young Justice showrunners will always have my respect for how they went about their shyt.

ShaSolair

Rookie
Daps
Both of'em ain't sh#t if you ask me.:shaq2: ESPECIALLY on the movie side, but that's because the majority of the geek audience who support this are bigots who have deep hate for Blacks. Probably because some brotha would bully them at recess & take their lunch money as kids. I mean seriously, the hate is REAL!! Y'all should see the intense criticism Luke Cage is getting from these "fanboys" just for that 20 second teaser trailer for his Netflix series. Sayin "He shouldn't have a show" & whatnot.:rudy:

I would've loved if Dwayne McDuffie was still alive & well so he could pull strings to make a live action universe with Milestone characters. :ufdup:Now, THAT could've changed the game!!:ohlawd::ahh:

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Static (or any Milestone character for that matter) doesn't count for DC unless you're strictly talking about animation. Comics wise it's all Milestone. When DC did bring in Milestone they didn't do hardly anything with them and the way they handled the one static solo in the new 52 was disgraceful (research it). Milestone has since taken the characters back and restarted the comic line and universe away from DC and will be relaunching them there.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Couldn't one say the same about most publishers, including the big 2? Most books are mediocre. Few are good / great, and then there are those that are trash.
It could but the vast majority of them were

Nah breh can't agree with that at all. And their books were better than the majority of what Marvel/DC was putting out at the time too.
That's not really true