better black superheros dc or marvel

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Static (or any Milestone character for that matter) doesn't count for DC unless you're strictly talking about animation. Comics wise it's all Milestone. When DC did bring in Milestone they didn't do hardly anything with them and the way they handled the one static solo in the new 52 was disgraceful (research it). Milestone has since taken the characters back and restarted the comic line and universe away from DC and will be relaunching them there.
Actually they are still partnered with DC. There was an official announcement last July from DC about them working with Reginald Hudlin and Milestone Media founder Denys Cowan to publish Milestone comics. They even came up with an Earth in the Dc Multiverse where the Milestone characters will reside called "Earth M"
They have said they will work with other publishers too but their relationship with DC is still ongoing.

Reggie Hudlin and Denys Cowan Team Up With Jim Lee and Geoff Johns to Bring A Lineup of Culturally and Ethnically Diverse Characters Back to DC Universe with Original Graphic Novels, One Shots, and Miniseries

During DC Entertainment’s (DCE) early morning press gathering, DCE Co-Publisher Jim Lee, producer/director Reginald Hudlin and Milestone Media co-founder/artist Denys Cowan (DETECTIVE COMICS) announced the creation of “Earth-M,” which will be home to the “Dakota” universe of characters from 1993’s Milestone Media and a host of all new characters.

For fans, this means the return of favorite Milestone characters like STATIC SHOCK, ICON, ROCKET, HARDWARE and XOMBI, along with new heroes and villains, yet still retaining the same kind of contemporary and socially relevant tone of storytelling that made Milestone such a groundbreaking imprint in the early 90’s.

“We couldn’t be more proud and excited about the opportunity to bring the ‘Dakota’ universe back to DC,” said Lee. “This is a huge step forward for us in bringing readers a more diversified lineup as part of the New DC Universe, and we’re anxiously looking forward to telling new stories that are socially and culturally impactful and representative of the world in which we live."

Arriving as hardcover graphic novels, up to two “Earth-M” titles will be published annually, as well as a yet-to-be-determined number of miniseries and one shots. These books will feature all-star creative talent, including Milestone principals Hudlin and Cowan, as well as DCE top guns Lee and Johns. This agreement also means a revival of Milestone content as collected editions, both in print and digital format.

“Milestone Media was the first company to create a superhero universe full of Black, Latino, Asian, and white superheroes - both gay and straight,” said Hudlin. "Its fan-base was equally diverse. This new relationship will enable us to not only revive classic Milestone characters, but introduce new ones as well. Denys and I have had a great time working with Jim and Geoff as we reinvent the Dakota Universe for the 21st century. We have a lot of innovative ideas – from how the characters are presented to how the books are released – that will excite both new and old fans.”

Original graphic novels, one shots and miniseries are just the first step in an overall Milestone revival, eventually expanding to include action figures and an upcoming STATIC SHOCK digital series.

“Milestone Media has a long tradition of bringing multicultural heroes to life and DC Entertainment has always been an industry leader with their innovative approaches,” said Cowan. “Working with Geoff and Jim has been great and Reggie, Derek [Dingle] and I are thrilled to team up with them to bring the Dakota universe of characters back to the fans.”

DC ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES THE RETURN OF THE MILESTONE UNIVERSE WITH THE CREATION OF ALL-NEW ‘EARTH-M’

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Actually they are still partnered with DC. There was an official announcement last July from DC about them working with Reginald Hudlin and Milestone Media founder Denys Cowan to publish Milestone comics. They even came up with an Earth in the Dc Multiverse where the Milestone characters will reside called "Earth M"
They have said they will work with other publishers too but their relationship with DC is still ongoing.

I'm aware. But I mean as far as being in the DC universe and being published by DC.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Just stop

Black Panther and Storm have had better writing over the years than any black DC character if they are mishandled how could you possibly describe te DC characters?
I rather have them neglected then grossly mishandled. Come on, you telling me that having BP lose in the Doom Wars, having Wakanda DESTROYED by Namor, WHILE having him fukk the QUEEN OF WAKANDA WHILE BEING MARRIED TO TCHALLA is good writing!? :mjlol: :what:

Having Storm and BP duke it out in AvX and telling Tchalla how much of a horrible husband he was is good writing!? :what:

That's some straight up disrespectful shyt they have done to the characters, if they cant make them respectful and dignified LIKE THEY DO THEIR WHITE CHARACTERS, then leave them alone. :camby:

Rhodey may be a supporting character but he was great in Iron Man in the 80's and when he took over Iron Man
Praise side kicks brehs. He will forever be known as Stark's buddy-buddy sidepiece! Tell me when he will branch out into his own world. Oh thats right, his own comic book FAILED. :stopitslime:

Miles Morales may be a legacy character but he's had a book since 2011 unlike any of the DC characters you listed here
He is a legacy character and the only reason he has a book because he is the spiderman of the Ultimate universe after they killed PP :what:

You mention Cyborg like he wasn't a background character for 95% of his existence :heh:
He's been pushed to forefront in the JL comics. He's been a valuable member to team. Have u read them?

Black Manta is an Aquaman villain
Amanda Waller is a team character not a lead
Static has been MIA for years
Vixen is a team character not a lead
Black Racer Really?

:russell: Tell me a black villian that is better or cooler in the Marvel side Ill wait. :martin:

Tell me a non powered black woman that is more respectful on the Marvel side, Ill wait

Static> Miles

And so is Storm.

Black Racer is more powerful then the other Marvel clowns. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
You're talking onscreen only. You can't say your argument is valid. All of Stewart's appearances have been JL/JLU. He didn't have his own cartoon. Static had his own cartoon and Cyborg wasn't even on JLU. Vixen...1 episode? They Superhero movie boom is only just beginning. Marvel was throwing everyone at the screen before DC got off the ground. Kids don't even know who Static is, so there goes his push. Matter of fact, JLU has been off air for a decade, so John Stewart as Green Latern is null and void.
nikka what? :what:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Both of'em ain't sh#t if you ask me.:shaq2: ESPECIALLY on the movie side, but that's because the majority of the geek audience who support this are bigots who have deep hate for Blacks. Probably because some brotha would bully them at recess & take their lunch money as kids. I mean seriously, the hate is REAL!! Y'all should see the intense criticism Luke Cage is getting from these "fanboys" just for that 20 second teaser trailer for his Netflix series. Sayin "He shouldn't have a show" & whatnot.:rudy:

I would've loved if Dwayne McDuffie was still alive & well so he could pull strings to make a live action universe with Milestone characters. :ufdup:Now, THAT could've changed the game!!:ohlawd::ahh:

This in bolded especially, the white male nerd community is the most pathetic, insecure, and racist of the overall white male community.

These are the same fanboys who regularly post on *****, reddit, and rule34 sites who bytch about anything black and especially male. But of course when the black female (especially a bw who whites find attractive) is casted along side a wm, then there wont be any hate, or not as much as a black male having a prominent role. Those cacs are REALLY threatened by black male superiority. The hate is ingrained in these cac's minds. ITs really deep-seeded.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
This in bolded especially, the white male nerd community is the most pathetic, insecure, and racist of the overall white male community.

These are the same fanboys who regularly post on *****, reddit, and rule34 sites who bytch about anything black and especially male. But of course when the black female (especially a bw who whites find attractive) is casted along side a wm, then there wont be any hate, or not as much as a black male having a prominent role. Those cacs are REALLY threatened by black male superiority. The hate is ingrained in these cac's minds. ITs really deep-seeded.

Ain't that the truth :wow:

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Marvel for the iconic Storm character alone, but tbh they're both lacking big time, and can't write a black character for shyt.

Luke Cage was a walking stereotype forever (the New Avengers version was a sex starved borderline Angry Black Man) and I'm sorry to say it, but Black Panther is just not a good character. At least not any more. The Christopher Priest (a black writer) version was one of the best and most underrated characters in comics :wow:, but the Hudlin version (the one most of you here have a hard on for) is a nauseating Mary Sue character with no depth, no flaws and no purpose whatsoever but to be a symbol of "black power". That's great and all, but you got to be a character first. I want GREAT black characters, with the same classic stories, character development, complexity and respectability that white characters are afforded, not some fanfiction wish fulfillment bullshyt about an overly ideal character (that subtly undermines and insults the real Africa).

I have high hopes for the movie version :blessed:, but that fakkit Hudlin ruined the comic book by turning Wakanda into Mary Suetopia (originally T'Challa brought his people into prosperity, showcasing what a great leader he was, now it's always been a perfect society), changing his personality and getting rid of his supporting cast :why:.

What both companies need is less black characters whose entire motif is their skin color. Spawn wasn't the best comic book, but I respect McFarlane for making a character with real motivations besides being black and actual human depth and emotional complexity, who just happened to be black. The idea that race has to be central and a core component of every black superhero is very annoying.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Marvel EASILY. They actually invested in their heros of color especially their black ones. Not only that, but they have STRONG black heros with GOOD abilities/powers that are not lame or genetic. Monica Rambeau alone I feel is a good black Marvel superhero with extremely powerful powers.

Not only that but Marvel did the impossible and made a successful and iconic black female superhero; Storm, who also has unique and powerful powers.

DC is a disgrace when it comes to POC heros, especially when they acquired Milestone characters and have not done NOTHING repeat NOTHING with them. :snoop:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Marvel EASILY. They actually invested in their heros of color especially their black ones. Not only that, but they have STRONG black heros with GOOD abilities/powers that are not lame or genetic. Monica Rambeau alone I feel is a good black Marvel superhero with extremely powerful powers.
How many stand-alone books has Photon had :jbhmm:

How did she go from this:
2970996-2761257-captainmarvel_8_thegroup_015.jpg

To this:
Spectrum-9f07f.jpg

All white washed looking like a Halle :heh:
Not only that but Marvel did the impossible and made a successful and iconic black female superhero; Storm, who also has unique and powerful powers.

And look what they did to her. :stopitslime:

DC is a disgrace when it comes to POC heros, especially when they acquired Milestone characters and have not done NOTHING repeat NOTHING with them. :snoop:

:childplease: Like Marvel is any better with their Black characters, may I remind you of all the shyt that went down with the BP/ Storm marriage. :martin: