better black superheros dc or marvel

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Aqualad, Static and John Stewart, DC dropped the ball and never even tried to pick it back up. Batwing is getting the Knight & Squire, Batwoman & Spoiler type treatment. Firestorm was irrelevant, Vixen just started making noise. You didn't even mention Duke. Now that's someone that's getting push, and will be prominent in the Bat-Family, hopefully.

Naming most of those characters is like me mentioning Darwin, Prodigy, Prowler, Tombstone, Cloak, Thunderball, Robbie Robertson, Patriot, Triage, Oya (even her recent push is better than Static's. They gave her the Pixie, Karma, Butterfly push).

Look at it like this, who is on Spawn's level? Or a notch below.
DC - Green Lantern, Static
Marvel - Storm, Black Panther, Luke Cage, War Machine, Nick Fury Jr (does more than Sr Fury ever did)
Even If I give you Cyborg for DC, I can add Falcon for Marvel.
The problem here is that marvel tries to push even there c list heroes, for DC anyone that's not in the jl gets nothing shyt they hardly touch nightwing and he's a fan favorite. DC needs a way to incorporate/push other heroes besides batman or supes

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Hmmm...I'd say Marvel by a slight edge. BP, Luke Cage, Miles, Sam, Rhodey, Storm, and Blade which they never do anything with.

DC has Static, John Stewart, Mr. Terrific, Vixen, Firestorm, Aqualad, Cyborg, Bronze Tiger, Steel, Batwing, and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting but only a few are really popular. But then again that depends on the medium.

basically this..

Marvel takes my vote just off Panther

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
It's Marvel just for Black Panther and Storm alone plus they gave Luke Cage that major push a decade ago to the point where he's getting his own Netflix series. Plus I love the fact we have an African-American and Latino Spider-man in Miles Morales hopefully we can see him on the big screen someday :blessed:.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
tumblr_nup8mi4Poe1u496xso1_500.jpg

DC has a black superman, and they're not even using him .:mindblown: And they wonder why they can't expand their audience.
Val-Zod such a bytch too. nikka has never done anything worthwhile. Every time he pops up he gets his ass beat :scust:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh trust NEITHER of the big two have a long upstanding history of showing respect and consistent quality when it comes to their black heroes.

Even Black Panther, my FAVORITE all time hero, was given the shaft something TERRIBLE during Hickman's most recent run. They emasculated him to the point where it was insulting to continue reading.

However Marvel has in recent years I believe, taken some strides to right their wrongs. Black Panther, Blue Marvel, and Spectrum are headlining the Ultimates, who recently "cured" Galactus. Black Panther of course, has his own comic debuting next week written by a brother and getting MAJOR push. Not to mention the Black Panther solo film coming in 2018. Storm has had her own solo and mini series over the years and continues to be a major character within X-Men titles. Luke Cage is getting his own book again with Iron Fist and of course his Netflix series is premiering in September. Miles Morales proved to be so popular that he was folded into Marvel canon and has his own series.

Again I ask, what the fukk has DC done? Their two most popular and well known black heroes they go to great pains to minimize. There's no sense whatsoever in not maximizing the potential of Static Shock, who could really be DC's Spider-Man (kid in High School who juggles being a hero with every day adolescent struggles) they've tried to push Hal Jordan over John Stewart in EVERY SINGLE medium of Green Lantern that wasn't the Justice League/JLU animated series. The only form of marketing or push they are giving a black character is the one who isn't even a real man, he's a robot who spends his time watching the other heroes do their thing :martin:

So DC gets no points whatsoever from me
Yes, this cannot be said enough! From what I read, Static is like if Spider-Man was black and in the hood. It almost has too much potential.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hmmm...I'd say Marvel by a slight edge. BP, Luke Cage, Miles, Sam, Rhodey, Storm, and Blade which they never do anything with.

DC has Static, John Stewart, Mr. Terrific, Vixen, Firestorm, Aqualad, Cyborg, Bronze Tiger, Steel, Batwing, and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting but only a few are really popular. But then again that depends on the medium.
They put Aqualad in the comics?:ohhh:I know Greg Weisman created him for Young Justice cartoon...which I need to finish.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yet where was that push for Dr. Voodoo Sorcerer Supreme at. Where his sorcerer supreme book :laugh:

nikkas need to be honest neither company is good with black characters and usually relegate them to back ground characters, And as far as of wider media D.C. has done more for black characters with shows like static, John on JLU, and Kaldor on Young Justice than Marvel ever has that is until Black Panther comes out.
:ohhh:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Yes, this cannot be said enough! From what I read, Static is like if Spider-Man was black and in the hood. It almost has too much potential.

DC dropped the ball with Static. He should've been in the up and up, especially with him previously having a successful show.

Last edited:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps

I was really hoping I wouldn't get to the bottom of the first page without someone mentioning Blade. :salute:

That first Marvel Blade movie with Wesley Snipes started alllllllllllll this superhero movie shyt