better black superheros dc or marvel

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Those hoes get more recognition and stories and panel time then Storm, I shyt you not. Why? Because she's flat. She has no interesting stories outside clarimonts run. The marriage made her top tier but was grossly mishandled and make her damaged.
And Storm is still a top 5 X-Men character
:stopitslime:
Utilize them internets
Go on now

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Yall nikkas are also missing that Marvel is owned by a rabbit racist/investor Ike Pearlmutter. :scust:

That alone puts DC ahead of Marvel.

Last edited:

deacon 12

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
ohio
It depends to me two simple categories I would put them in first category would be best developed/written second being most interesting power set ans without even using these as a factor my top two heroes would be 1 and two in both categories for along time it was mine was jonn jonzz as a young black kid when I found he was black character that made me even more interested than I was already initially I was interested in the character because I thought he might be stronger than supes but to put it bluntly once o found out he was not truly a blackman I know it sounds weird going of his appearance how could I not know I just thought their would be a creative way of explaining something along the lines of maybe in his true form his mostly resembled a black man but used his powers to shift into his manhunter appearance I was like shyt damn near every dc alien race are white humanoids is so hard to have black humanoid beings also especially so close to earth them I read some of blue marvel shyt and it was a wrap after saying all of this the simplest way I can say my answer is based of if was somehow granted the powers of any of the black super heros that I'm aware of I would choose blue marvel

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Breh really said Rachael Summers:laff:
in terms of x-men female popularity...

Storm, Jean, Rogue, Psylocke, Emma are in the top 5.

Hell I would say Storm is probably the number 1 X-female right now.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
nikka you just said Storm was AMONG THE MOSR POPULSR XMen, yet she's still gets behind Jean, Rschel, Rogue, and Emma Frost in terms of character development leadership, and storytelling. Storm and BP has been shytted by both Marvel and the fans and u mean to tell me Shes the most popular?? :what:

I knew u were try to label John as a legacy character, never mind NO White character died take the role unlike Capt and Spiderman. GL isn't just one character,it's a goddamn police force. You are better then this :upsetfavre:

And how u know black lightning and static were based on storm?. You could say Elena from Street Fighter but those two?? :what:

Black Manta - own character
Vixen - own. Character
Blsck racer - own character
Ststic - own character, own universe
Amanda Waller - own character
Cyborg - not a legacy character, not s sidekick and is his own character who is getting his own movie

Warmachine - ironman sidepiece
Morales - legacy character
Falcon - side kick but own character who is soo fukking lame :scust:
Storm - own character but horribly mishandled and quite frankly damaged
Black panther - own character but horribly mishandled
Blade - mishandled but own character

Gotta agree tho. DC's black characters are pretty much their own characters. Marvel does too much legacy shyt with many of it's black characters or makes them a damn sidekick.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
nikka you just said Storm was AMONG THE MOSR POPULSR XMen, yet she's still gets behind Jean, Rschel, Rogue, and Emma Frost in terms of character development leadership, and storytelling. Storm and BP has been shytted by both Marvel and the fans and u mean to tell me Shes the most popular?? :what:

I knew u were try to label John as a legacy character, never mind NO White character died take the role unlike Capt and Spiderman. GL isn't just one character,it's a goddamn police force. You are better then this :upsetfavre:

And how u know black lightning and static were based on storm?. You could say Elena from Street Fighter but those two?? :what:

Black Manta - own character
Vixen - own. Character
Blsck racer - own character
Ststic - own character, own universe
Amanda Waller - own character
Cyborg - not a legacy character, not s sidekick and is his own character who is getting his own movie

Warmachine - ironman sidepiece
Morales - legacy character
Falcon - side kick but own character who is soo fukking lame :scust:
Storm - own character but horribly mishandled and quite frankly damaged
Black panther - own character but horribly mishandled
Blade - mishandled but own character
Just stop

Black Panther and Storm have had better writing over the years than any black DC character if they are mishandled how could you possibly describe te DC characters?

Rhodey may be a supporting character but he was great in Iron Man in the 80's and when he took over Iron Man

Miles Morales may be a legacy character but he's had a book since 2011 unlike any of the DC characters you listed here

You mention Cyborg like he wasn't a background character for 95% of his existence :heh:

Black Manta is an Aquaman villain
Amanda Waller is a team character not a lead
Static has been MIA for years
Vixen is a team character not a lead
Black Racer Really?

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I gotta agree with the consensus and say that Marvel wins this.

Black Panther, Storm, Blade, Prodigy, Miles Morales, Luke Cage, Falcon, War Machine (eh), Ultimate Nick Fury, etc.

DC has some decent ones though. Green Lantern (John Stewart), Static, Cyborg, Mr. Terrific, Vixen, Steel, etc. but they usually get neglected. Though truth be told anybody that's not part of the Batfamily gets neglected.
They made Prodigy gay/bi, broke up with that electric girlfriend, have him bytching about it while shes living her life sexing up other dudes.

Same goes for BLack Pantther, having him sulking over losing Storm, being a eunuch, while she is being Wolverine's and Namor's sidepiece.

Yeah, fukk Marvel for that shyt.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
:what:

John Stewart was the face of the animated Justice Leage and had the most episodes revolved around him. Thanks McDuffie for pushing him out to the fore front.

I felt like Wonder Woman (who was actually one of the last JL members to join up in that show) had the most episodes revolved around her. Green Lantern and Batman were probably tied for second

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
What I'm saying is that DC has created more respectable blsck Herod AND villians and has pushed them out of the forefront. Tell me when the avengers or the XMen will have a blsck leader ON SCREEN like in the JLA or Young Jusice I WILL WAIT

You're talking onscreen only. You can't say your argument is valid. All of Stewart's appearances have been JL/JLU. He didn't have his own cartoon. Static had his own cartoon and Cyborg wasn't even on JLU. Vixen...1 episode? They Superhero movie boom is only just beginning. Marvel was throwing everyone at the screen before DC got off the ground. Kids don't even know who Static is, so there goes his push. Matter of fact, JLU has been off air for a decade, so John Stewart as Green Latern is null and void.

Gotta agree tho. DC's black characters are pretty much their own characters. Marvel does too much legacy shyt with many of it's black characters or makes them a damn sidekick.

The only Marvel legacy characters are Miles, Patriot, War Machine. Marvel still has own characters like Storm, Cloak, Luke Cage, Bishop, Doc Voodoo, Blade. John Stewart is also a legacy character, Steel, Batwing x2. In the comics, Marvel has given almost everyone a solo shot.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
the biggest mishap for me is bronze tiger vs green arrow in the tv show. how can green arrow beat one of the best martial artist out of the dc universe ?