• Sisko

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • Janeway

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

Pesci

Architect
Daps
That episode gets a lot of hate from Trek fans but I loved it and thought it was one of the better eps from Season 1. I would have loved a season 2 built around the parasite infiltration and then have a deeply damaged Federation have to deal with the specter of The Borg in Season 3 as a way to get everyone back on the same side out of fear of what is coming.
literally the first time i've heard this

the only criticism i've seen is that they didn't follow up on it, but they didnt have the money for the special effects

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
literally the first time i've heard this

the only criticism i've seen is that they didn't follow up on it, but they didnt have the money for the special effects
I used to hang on some diehard Trek sites where the ROddenberry devotees were all in their feelings at the fact Conspiracy veered more into horror territory and almost unanimously shyt on it.
They also thought that DS9 wasn't "real Star Trek" because it betrayed Roddenberry's vision of a future without war. Buncha nerds.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another fun trek fact the actor that played Dr Bashir was originally supposed to play Sisko but they realized he was to young and hired Avery Brooks.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to hang on some diehard Trek sites where the ROddenberry devotees were all in their feelings at the fact Conspiracy veered more into horror territory and almost unanimously shyt on it.
They also thought that DS9 wasn't "real Star Trek" because it betrayed Roddenberry's vision of a future without war. Buncha nerds.

writers use to complain that the writing for characters that had no conflict was hard that is why ds9 went the way it did.
you saw the changes once roddenberry died though i thought trek got much better.

Pesci

Architect
Daps
I don't think his vision was so much a future without war, but a future where humans (or at least the Federation) had grown beyond the shyt that goes down in In the Pale Moonlight, with Section 31, and so on

There was a Federation-Klingon war prior to The Original Series

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I remember that shyt. Same bullshyt as the B5 versus DS9 wars. At least both groups have quieted down now that DS9 has aged the best of TNG or B5.

Pesci

Architect
Daps
I remember that shyt. Same bullshyt as the B5 versus DS9 wars. At least both groups have quieted down now that DS9 has aged the best of TNG or B5.
i still think B5's story is superior

the budgetary stuff (acting, special effects) just dont hold up at all

:manny:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I know, just think it would have been a good idea to push the Borg into in the "Q Who" ep back to the tale end of S2 or the beginning of S3 and actually play out the parasite invasion angle.
I wish they had, too. Maybe it was too early for all that, not ready for that.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I love Gene but to be honest trek was always better when he didn't have direct control of it and there was a looser interpretation of his vision see season three of tng and tos movies 2-6 for proof and of course ds9.

Pesci

Architect
Daps
Yeah I love Gene but to be honest trek was always better when he didn't have direct control of it and there was a looser interpretation of his vision see season three of tng and tos movies 2-6 for proof and of course ds9.
wesley crusher :scust:

Daps
Reppin
Sisko made Picard/Locutus fall back, knocked out Q, turned baseball into a State Religion and is a Real Nikka from the Bayou who can cook a mean gumbo.

Sisko's the GOAT.

Oh yeah, and he's also one of the Top 3 portrayals of Fatherhood, Black or otherwise, on television, ever.

Hail the Sisko.

picardvsisko.png