Who's the MVP of 1994?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lucky lefty

Most Annoying Jay Z (aka GOAT) Stan of All Time
Daps
Reppin
West Philly aka Illadelf aka Tha 215
fukking dead at these desparate delusional dikksucking haters or the GOAT our Flow Lord and Lyrical Savior Hova Da Gawd being so hysterical over his latest GOATly comeback that they're sitting around doing free base and making hilariously retarded revisionist history threads
anigif_enhanced-buzz-4528-1381155488-21.gif

Hoe ass nikkaz see the GOAT increasing the already infinitely wide gap btwn him and whatever sorry ass excuse for a shytty struggle MC whose nuts they slurp and tryna change the starting point for his unprecedented run of HNICdom as if I Can't Get With That wasn't shytting on every god awful audio abortion by his pathetic "peers" combined especially bum ass bytch nikka Nas Lost aka Diet Rakim Lite Zero aka c00nsir aka Nasir Jonesing-to-be-one-billionth-as-talented-as-Hov aka Lostradamus aka the Duke of L'sington aka Destiny's abortion sponsor aka Carmen's babyseat Camel juice janitor aka Kelis alimony victim aka ELLen DeGenerous-with-allowing-L's-in-his-presence aka the Gordon Gecko of L's acquisitions aka the Last L'sbender
anigif_enhanced-buzz-4528-1381155488-21.gif

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nas shyt so hard on nikkaz in 94, tho.
Everybody played catchup or need some next level marketing and pr to get ahead to cover the skills gap.
That was extremely pronounced in nas's favor.

Art Barr

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
@kingofnyc you make some great points breh but as mobbinfms said, it will be confusing trying to carry things over from certain years.

I believe an album (which will contain most of these singles anyway) should take priority over the singles, but obviously if you released an album late that year and released a single or two first and they were popping or vice-versa but within the calendar year, you might get an edge over the dude who just released an album (that was equally as good) but no singles or blowing up to speak of.

So I put Biggie in 1994 instead of 1995, where we could give those 95 options to people who crafted albums, and lord knows there are many contenders for that stacked year too

:what:

so a dude like grand puba
whom was the lead MC of the group brand nubian cant be put in 1991 when all dem singles/songs blew da fukk up off their LP 'all for one' which was a 5mic / classic album
CAUSE
it drop'd in dec of 1990

:snoop:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

It has to be the album,...
If that is the case then pharcyde could arguably win for late 91 to 95 for how long passin me by drew.
Or busta could win for 96-2001 for how long dangerous and put ya hands where my eyes can see drew. As the longest drawing relevent club record in rap history.

Art Barr
:mjlol:
2 great singles/songs
but u must be trolling if u think
both lasted multi years

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
:what:

so a dude like grand puba
whom was the lead MC of the group brand nubian cant be put in 1991 when all dem singles/songs blew da fukk up off their LP 'all for one' which was a 5mic / classic album
CAUSE
it drop'd in dec of 1990

yes but that 5 mic classic album was released in 1990

so he'll be up for contention then

not like he'll win in either year though

peep the avatar

Grand_Verbalizer

All Star
Daps
Honestly Freestyle fellowship (and a few other good life affiliates) were so far ahead of their time mc's today still use their styles possibly without even knowing
"The inner city griots the wildest style, the crew the one they got their styles from but claim they never knew"

Ganjah K's 30 seconds on the 1st heavyweights still holds up as one of the greatest flows ever displayed

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
2 great singles/songs
both lasted multi years

Pharcyde's first album is the longest draw building slow burn rap album in rap history.
Including being one of the very few perfect classic albums in rap history as well.

The shelf and drawing life of the album, bizzare ride, passin me by, otha fish and the bside to pork is otherworldly as far as draw.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Honestly Freestyle fellowship (and a few other good life affiliates) were so far ahead of their time mc's today still use their styles possibly without even knowing
"The inner city griots the wildest style, the crew the one they got their styles from but claim they never knew"

Ganjah K's 30 seconds on the 1st heavyweights still holds up as one of the greatest flows ever displayed

This.

Everyone is on the fellowship dikk.
if they are a double time melody based emcee whether they know it or not.
They are the all time masters of flows and use of vocal change to just different voices in rap history.
Plus the actual draw for double time with street based undertones and employed melody is all from their original rubrick.
The fellowship are the all time flow masters.

Art Barr

Grand_Verbalizer

All Star
Daps

This.

Everyone is on the fellowship dikk.
if they are a double time melody based emcee whether they know it or not.
They are the all time masters of flows and use of vocal change to just different voices in rap history.
Plus the actual draw for double time with street based undertones and employed melody is all from their original rubrick.
The fellowship are the all time flow masters.

Art Barr

Yep Also shyt like Aceys The Guidelines or even his verse on "I Don't Know" (94) is why I'm not really impressed by Lupes drawn out metaphors

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
yes but that 5 mic classic album was released in 1990

so he'll be up for contention then

not like he'll win in either year though

peep the avatar

Actually technically if it came out December in that era.
that is first quarter of the next year.
Plus, yes,....puba would be in talk as the best for all for one.
As he was that guy indisputably by argument or impact then.
He also could be listed for 2000, the lp in an anemiac release year.
As it segueways rap moving into moving into an adult themed nightlife era sonically and in content.
Puba is also, the reason how eventually Mary j gained cultural favor like n'dea davenport had.
As mjb was not originally propped culturally.
Paling incompraison to n'dea and the heavies cultural acceptance and permeation.
Especially since miss Jones was held back for the white label promo to don't take it personal.
Which is why az received his pass culturally for miss Jones on the hook to sugarhill.
Yet, nas was not given a cultural pass for iww and if I ruled.
Trying to piggyback on that cultural sentiment of inclusion for miss Jones.
that would not originally trickle down to original first Gen nas fans in the pop market and explosion of iww and if I ruled the world with Lauren.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yep Also shyt like Aceys The Guidelines or even his verse on "I Don't Know" (94) is why I'm not really impressed by Lupes drawn out metaphors

Lupe is just a nas meets jayz skill rehash of I used to love her on loop and anything lupe does.
was already covered on the classic book of human language.
Which can also be credited as arguably the next classic Ip in, the genre of emo after overcast.
Plus, is one of the first two crowned online reviewed classic albums from the sandbox automatic and hiphopsite.com era's.
That includes king tee's kingdom com shelved aftermath classic rated album as well.
That seguewayed into the hiphopinfinity.com and fard racist era.
we are still in and a major label amalgamation of.

Art Barr

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

Pharcyde's first album is the longest draw building slow burn rap album in rap history.
Including being one of the very few perfect classic albums in rap history as well.

The shelf and drawing life of the album, bizzare ride, passin me by, otha fish and the bside to pork is otherworldly as far as draw.

Art Barr

bizarre ride was a good album
not sure about top 5 in '92 (but its close)

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps

Actually technically if it came out December in that era that is first quarter of the next year.
Plus, yes,....puba would be in talk as the best for all for one.
As he was that guy indisputably then.
He also could be listed for 2000, the lp in an anemiac release year.
As it swgueways rap moving into moving j to an adult themed nightlife era sonically and in content.
Pubs is also, the reason how eventually Mary j gained cultural favor like n'dea davenport had.
As mjb was not originally propped culturally.
Especially since miss Jones was held back for the white label promo to don't take it personal.
Which is why az received his pass culturally for miss Jones on the hook to sugarhill.
Yet, nas was not given a cultural pass for iww and if I ruled.
Trying to piggyback on that cultural sentiment of inclusion for miss Jones.
that would not originally trickle down to original first Gen nas fans in the pop market and explosion of iww and if I ruled the world with Lauren.

Art Barr

Yeah you're right about hip hop calendars but for the purposes of these threads we just gonna stick by the standard calendar year

defeats da purpose

BEST RAPPER ALIVE - by 'said year'
even tho 'said rapper' album missed like 80% of that 'said year'

I totally get that

But then all they have to show for 1991 is some singles but not the entire album. At least the album, which dropped a year prior, had all those tracks on there.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
2 great singles/songs
both lasted multi years

Again,...
Pharcyde has the longest drawing slow burn album in raphistory and a perfect classic on bizzarre ride and it drew from 91 to 95.
Only records rivaling it long term as a relevant draw from release are the busta singles to put ya hands and danger.

Art Barr