Best Rapper Alive - 1994

Who's the MVP of 1994?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
What is everyone's top 5 rappers of 1994?

My list would be:
1. Nas
2. Notorious B.I.G.
3. Pharoahe Monch
4. Redman
5. Common

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
you dont know this

Bone was not individualized as a collective or given props skillwise.
till 1995 from the change of rap being marketed culturally to a pop sentiment wholeheartedly.
Before that they were and still not more skilled than the fellowship.
They are just not as culturally as responsible as the fellowship was.
As the fellowship, also were immersed in numerous criminally violent cases.
Yet, showed cultural responsibility that bone did not on ruthless.
Bone was signed as a ruthless gangsta rap answer to the west coast shop explosion and cultural draw of the fellowship as well.
After puddles of h2o by at an klan drew poorly by ruthless sales standards. Atban klan became black eyed peas a few years later.

Bone would be mentioned in 95.
If we mention bone in this vein skillwise.
then it opens the door for em and biterphobia twelve in this wrinkle of time and that had no large cultural support or draw either.

Also bone earned their whole cultural pass during the whole tomicka wright admin issues after easy died, much later.
That is when they started to show a concern culturally.
Before that bone was outta there as far as cultural or skill recognition.

Art Barr

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Bone was not individualized as a collective or given props skillwise.
till 1995 from the change of rap being marketed culturally to a pop sentiment wholeheartedly.
Before that they were and still not more skilled than the fellowship.
They are just not as culturally as responsible as the fellowship was.
As the fellowship, also were immersed in numerous cases.
Yet, showed cultural responsibility that bone did not on ruthless.
Bone was signed as a ruthless gangsta rap answer to the west coast shop explosion and cultural draw of the fellowship as well.
After puddles of h2o bh at an klan drew poorly by ruthless sales standards. Atban klan became black eyed peas a few years later.

Bone would be mentioned in 95.
If we mention bone in this vein then it opens the door for em and biterphobia twelve in this wrinkle of time and that had no large cultural support or draw either.

Also bone earned their whole cultural pass during the while tomicka wright admin issues after easy died.
That is when they started to show a concern culturally.
Before that bone was outta there as far as cultural or skill recognition.

Art Barr
I remember 1994 like i remember yesterday. Your opinion wont change what i saw. Keep being a wack rapper on wack beats giving out wack views and passing them off as facts

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
What is everyone's top 5 rappers of 1994?

My list would be:
1. Nas
2. Notorious B.I.G.
3. Pharoahe Monch
4. Redman
5. Common

In 94 for that year with no carryover, from 93 as far as album releases.

1. Nas
1. Jeru
3. Common
4. Pharoah

Big was not that big yet and was a styles war emcee.
who if he had not of ramped.
Which possibly came from a hotel meeting with nas where nas rhymes self admitted circles around big.
Big, would have been a well marketed big guy from the legion or deshawny thunder with west coast sentiment gangsta pop rap style content.

Luckily big paid attention to the culture unlike other past MCA sellout wack guys like father mc.

Art Barr

Rap is so fukked up because back in the day a cultural rapper would debut and be arguably the best guy from skill advancement and make everyone get better.
Everyone in the styles era from b real, to finessse, to percee p, to big l to red to jeru to common, to tha fellowship. All were arguably the best emcee of that time.
Or were so far ahead of the curve skillwise.
only thing stopping them was the impending technical revolution big l was gonna originally usher in till delay and nas was able to fully usher in during that delay in illmatic.

If big l and jeru drop in 93 like they were supposed to.
Before the worst two delays in rap history for top tier talent ever.
Things would be considerably different.
I am not sure if big would have permeated the same.
if big l or jeru dropped in 93.
Given how deficient he was to both in skills and the issue of MVP and big poppa as well.

Art Barr

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
@Art Barr where does Redman fit into all this for 1994?

I know you really big up the Tonite's Da Nite remix, called it some of the best rhyming you've heard or something.

Daps
In 94 for that year with no carryover, from 93 as far as album releases.

1. Nas
1. Jeru
3. Common
4. Pharoah

Big was not that big yet and was a styles war emcee.
who if he had not of ramped.
Which possibly came from a hotel meeting with nas where nas rhymes self admitted circles around big.
Big, would have been a well marketed big guy from the legion or deshawny thunder with west coast sentiment gangsta pop rap style content.

Luckily big paid attention to the culture unlike other past MCA sellout wack guys like father mc.

Art Barr

Rap is so fukked up because back in the day a cultural rapper would debut and be arguably the best guy from skill advancement and make everyone get better.
Everyone in the styles era from b real, to finessse, to percee p, to big l to red to jeru to common, to tha fellowship. All were arguably the best emcee of that time.
Or were so far ahead of the curve skillwise.
only thing stopping them was the impending technical revolution big l was gonna originally usher in till delay and nas was able to fully usher in during that delay in illmatic.

If big l and jeru drop in 93 like they were supposed to.
Before the worst two delays in rap history for top tier talent ever.
Things would be considerably different.
I am not sure if big would have permeated the same.
if big l or jeru dropped in 93.
Given how deficient he was to both in skills and the issue of MVP and big poppa as well.

Art Barr

Jeru's album is underrated and a classic to me. If that album dropped back in 93 it would definitely be in the top 5 of that year. Same with L's album.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I remember 1994 like i remember yesterday. Your opinion wont change what i saw. Keep being a wack rapper on wack beats giving out wack views and passing them off as facts

Be mad cause you don't know shyt about hip hop, culturally at al. Plus, don't know know skill well enough to comment on a protege to a legend, breh.

nikkaz already clowning you because you think like a little teenage girl with affinity for pop about gangsta rap.

Fellowship already was on their second classic album before bone ever dropped.
You did not even own yomo and maulkie at all just for starters cause when nikkaz had a bone thread.
You were not there to talk about none of their origin at all and I supplied most of the content in that thread as wel.
Plus the fact you don't know gangsta rap as well as me either on no day.
As I been about all this shyt and not a general uneducated and uncultured rap fan like you.

I would like to see you try to discredit me as an emcee for real.
I am one of the most advanced emcees ever and shyt nikkaz was doing in 2009. Me and ju were already doing in 1999.
The same year I had a debut classic grassroots record released and later remixed in 2003.

You don't know this shyt like that and are a laughing stock around here.

Now, please try to post rhymes of mine and discredit them.
Please do,....
As your whole precious gangsta rap shyt as a draw was singlehandidly given cultural passes from Eminem.
When Eminem was put on the national scene by juice and I am the protege to juice.
You would never have had any new dr dre or any of that shjt without the pedigree from where I am from.
Not to mention, hordes of other shyt attached to elongating emcee'n.

I am factually that nikka, nikka,....and you can't dispute a fact.

fukk your emotional jail bird feelings nikka.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Jeru's album is underrated and a classic to me. If that album dropped back in 93 it would definitely be in the top 5 of that year. Same with L's album.

Jeru, imo had the best album in 94 to me.
The delay just ruined it.
Yet it still created incredible impact.
Despite nas ushering out the styles war era.
Jeru was one of the few with a Brooklyn flow and skill set that were lost and translated without much amalgamation to the styles era tk succeed. Jeru was just that next level and it is a shame the record delay stole his thunder.
As after tonite's the nite for that era.
Come clean is the next magnjm opus instrumental everyone tried to and could not rip like jeru did.
Similar to how everyone who hopped on tonite's the nite.
Could never see red's verses kn that beat either.

That is how special jeru and his music was.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
@Art Barr where does Redman fit into all this for 1994?

I know you really big up the Tonite's Da Nite remix, called it some of the best rhyming you've heard or something.

The cultural impact for illmatic was so profound and dominated.
It is just hard to say anybody but nas for that exact time in 94.
Since that Redman album was one of those old school.
last quarter but the last quarter is the first quarter of the next year releases for the industry releases.
Red ramped but nas was just a huge shining star that year, culturally.
Nas made everyone an after though emcee skill wise.
That it took till 95, for red to get more steam from dare.
He did not have the type of industry pausing reception.
that the chronic and him had.
when him, common and the chronic were all first in store on the same day to debut.
Nor did dare have a late/first quarter explosion like 36 chambers or doggy style had.
So since he went damn near platinum and also defjam melded him with meth against his will in promo originally.
til he met red originally with the man of the month marketing and they became bff's. Originally both meth and red were against the man of the month marketing but it was a brilliant campaign by defjam.
That eventually I think in hindsight.
red and meth probably grew to like after it was said and done. When originally they were pr'd as having issue with defjam for lumping them together.
Yet as a consumer if you got the month of the man gateway cd promo. It was arguably one of the best promo marketing ever for two guys who needed it.
Yet the end of the year release.
that kinda ruined his permeation from a general cultural standpoint.
like he had from hardcore tv commercial promot to whut thee album.
Since nas had ushered in the technical revolution, red had to restake a claim like common did with resurrection.
as still being one of the nicest of the styles era.
Yet since they were carryover's from the styles era.
nas was just to distinctly next level for the time. That it just overshadowed all the new top flight debut styles era guys, from red to jeru to common to big, too.
The anemiac quality release schedule of 1995, helped red re-establish he was that guy.
Coupled with great movie marketing for what would be the show and his collab with meth on the sdtrk.
Red was overshadowed like del was by 36 chamber and doggystyle, debuted in short.
That is how next level and merciless the skill set of nas was on debut.

Like nas, after the golden era was that skilled that when BBQ came out. shyt even big L had to sample nas to get his own thunder back.
That was how skilled nas was on debut.
Plus sampling him like showbiz did for big l did was next level as well.
That is how profound,
shyt nas made it so nobody played gangstarr's full album like that either and they were close in release date too.

Art Barr

Last edited: