Best Album of 1999

?

• Total voters

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Cause I was around when that album came out. Copped it 1st week it was out. It was probably my favorite album of that year so that's why I think its dope.

Ur just mad cause I wasn't all on ur hero 2pac's d!ck in that other thread. :laugh:
How old are you?

Daps
Reppin
401 Prov City
why did Dre name the album 2001 when it was released in 99?

but yeah between that... SSLP... Internal Affairs...AND Beneath the Surface

Oroko Saki

The Shredder
Daps
Murda Muzik and how did Jigga make the list? Life and time vol 3 was good but theres enough other albums that are undeniably better to the point where there should but no Jay-Z in the poll :rudy:

Daps
Reppin
401 Prov City
Murda Muzik and how did Jigga make the list? Life and time vol 3 was good but theres enough other albums that are undeniably better to the point where there should but no Jay-Z in the poll :rudy:

ur name/avi has me geekin right now... dude got tossed in the garbage truck tho lol

phatphuck

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why did Dre name the album 2001 when it was released in 99?

but yeah between that... SSLP... Internal Affairs...AND Beneath the Surface

it was originally supposed to be titled chronic 2000, but suge released a compilation with the same name, so he had to settle for 2001 and just took the word chronic out

my vote goes to 2001, plenty of dope albums that year but i couldnt rate any of them classics:

2001 falls short with the last 4 tracks being excessive. imo dre shouldve ended it with the message after some la n!ggaz. also the album featured too much hitman whos no snoop/kurupt/etc. housewife was already a track on kurupts joint it didnt need to appear on this again

bobs had umi says and rock n roll which killed the vibe halfway through for me

internal affairs is very, very ill but 'the azz' didnt fit in with the rest of the album, take that out and put in two other solid tracks and it wouldve been a classic

i wouldve loved to give my vote to soundbombing 2 tho, man rawkus had the game on lock during those few years, fukk a cash money/no limit