Best Album of 1999

?

• Total voters

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I'm going with 2001.

They almost managed to recreate the same magic of the 1st chronic album. Keep in mind I said ALMOST

It wasn't as good as the 1st Chronic album but the vibe was very similar. The old friends got together again and new acts were put on the album. It was a good mix of old and new.

Also it was similar to The Chronic cause Dre had a new protege that put a lot of work into the album. 1st it was Snoop and on 2001 it was Eminem. And both of those proteges have gone on to have long successful careers in the rap world.
VIBE WAS NOTHIN LIKE CHRONIC 1

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
VIBE WAS NOTHIN LIKE CHRONIC 1

It was similar in a way. Just the vibe of putting all these people working together, and they worked well together. Like a lot of great minds working on the same album.

I could tell it was a special album from the 1st time I heard it, same as The Chronic. Great album musically as well.

That's how I see it anyway. It was almost like they did it again only in a different time.

U might not agree with me but that's the feel I got off that album.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2001, production was GOAT level

Vol 3 and Murda Muzik are both dope albums I still play often.

**patiently waits for the niccas to show up and start voting**

since yall will get mad if i vote for made men, i'll say that guerrilla warfare takes this. i have ruff ryders volume 1 in second place. cant go wrong with either tho.

how the hell is ruff ryders not even an option? '99 was their year. dmx aint even in the poll.:wtf:

Made Men album is dope, you're really playing that over 2001/Murda Muzik now though?

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
It was similar in a way. Just the vibe of putting all these people working together, and they worked well together. Like a lot of great minds working on the same album.

I could tell it was a special album from the 1st time I heard it, same as The Chronic. Great album musically as well.

That's how I see it anyway. It was almost like they did it again only in a different time.

U might not agree with me but that's the feel I got off that album.

YOU'RE PROBALY A KID AND CANT PROPERLY JUDGE

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Im not a Dre fan at all.. but 2001 is one of the few West Coast projects I can listen to in its entirety...

I'll say 2001

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
voted for Operation Doomsday but i couldve went with Mos on any other day. MF Doom is criminally underrated in all aspects of his music.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
BOBS was an album handcrafted for young black men and contained zero wack tracks. I gotta go with it.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
any album that allows a platform for Xzibit to go from the goofy friend of Tha Liks to a platinum selling star has done a hell of a job for it's coast.

xzibit's platinum album = another suburban heater courtesty of the aftermath collective.

I'm going with 2001.

They almost managed to recreate the same magic of the 1st chronic album. Keep in mind I said ALMOST

It wasn't as good as the 1st Chronic album but the vibe was very similar. The old friends got together again and new acts were put on the album. It was a good mix of old and new.

Also it was similar to The Chronic cause Dre had a new protege that put a lot of work into the album. 1st it was Snoop and on 2001 it was Eminem. And both of those proteges have gone on to have long successful careers in the rap world.

:wtf: man dont go comparing that chit to the chronic.

YOU'RE PROBALY A KID AND CANT PROPERLY JUDGE

:pachaha: