?

• Total voters

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
mos def probably had the best album

but i played i am more than anything that year.

then murda muzik got play after that

dont get it twisted i played black on both sides a ton too tho

vol 3 from jay is clearly his worst album i was so disappointed in that album

and i know i stand alone in this opinion, but i was disappointed in chronic 2001 too. after all those years of waiting i was expecting a lot more. never got into that album much, still bang the original chronic a ton more.

edit: nvm just read through the thread, i see a ton of people felt how i felt about the chronic 2001. sorry, it was a disappointment for me. especially remembering how classic the original chronic was. outside the singles the album mediocre to me.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
it was originally supposed to be titled chronic 2000, but suge released a compilation with the same name, so he had to settle for 2001 and just took the word chronic out

my vote goes to 2001, plenty of dope albums that year but i couldnt rate any of them classics:

2001 falls short with the last 4 tracks being excessive. imo dre shouldve ended it with the message after some la n!ggaz. also the album featured too much hitman whos no snoop/kurupt/etc. housewife was already a track on kurupts joint it didnt need to appear on this again

bobs had umi says and rock n roll which killed the vibe halfway through for me

internal affairs is very, very ill but 'the azz' didnt fit in with the rest of the album, take that out and put in two other solid tracks and it wouldve been a classic

i wouldve loved to give my vote to soundbombing 2 tho, man rawkus had the game on lock during those few years, fukk a cash money/no limit

:wtf: Umi Says was THE flagship on the B.O.B.S. album

Agreed on the Rawkus statement, though. At that time, I only checked for Wu-tang and Rawkus releases.

how old exactly? I'll be 33 this summer,by the way.

What does this have to do with his opinion?

naw but youve confirmed you were not old enough for the chronic 1 to mean as much to you as it did to me. you were very young when it dropped. which is why youre in this thread talkin nonsense. And to dude quesstioning my name,who gives a shyt

figures,when did you start listening to hiphop?

Again, what the fukk does this have to do with anything?

because sometimes alot of okay chit gets propped up as legendary, while alot of tru legendary chit gets lost in the sauce by outsiders & noobs.

thats one of many reasons why you have to either be there or be schooled by people who were there.

this poll is a shining example.:snoop:

This is some bullshyt. You're saying that in order for you to fully appreciate an album, they've had to have been there? Dumbest shyt I've ever heard. Sure, if you want to analyze the album historically, that's important. But what does appreciating the songs and lyrics have to do with having to be there?

I think as human beings it is impossible for you to separate your experiences and your culture from everything. If I have no idea of how street life works a lot of 90s albums are going to just completely go over my head and I'm not going to feel it like other people do you know?

Since you brought up Little Brother, even as a young black male that grew up with a dad in my life, I can still see how someone would be affected by not having a dad in their life because I have seen it so many times. Most of the people I grew up with had something wrong with their family or someone missing. So I don't relate completely to All For You, but I saw the affects and I see where he is coming from. At the end of the day though, I don't know EXACTLY how it feels, but I can imagine it. So I guess if you personally haven't experienced all of the hype and how it affected others you just have to imagine it or judge it a different way.

Ok, so you're saying that you won't understand an album unless you're part of that culture? :skip::laff:

Good music is good music. You can appreciate it regardless of where you're from and what you're about.

BTW, is this thread about the best album in 1999, or what album was listened to the most in '99?

Capitol

Did this work
Daps

This is some bullshyt. You're saying that in order for you to fully appreciate an album, they've had to have been there? Dumbest shyt I've ever heard. Sure, if you want to analyze the album historically, that's important. But what does appreciating the songs and lyrics have to do with having to be there?

Ok, so you're saying that you won't understand an album unless you're part of that culture? :skip::laff:

Good music is good music. You can appreciate it regardless of where you're from and what you're about.

BTW, is this thread about the best album in 1999, or what album was listened to the most in '99?
That isn't what I'm saying. I'm not saying you can't appreciate the music, I'm saying if you aren't aware of, can't relate, or have no idea what majority of the album's subject matter is about you're not going to feel it as much as someone that appreciates the subject matter, can relate to it, and fits the exact audience the album was aiming for. Maybe you might even think The Infamous is the greatest album in the world even though you never left the house a day in your life. Maybe you even feel some type of deep rooted connection to it. I think situations like that are rare. :manny:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
:wtf: Umi Says was THE flagship on the B.O.B.S. album

Agreed on the Rawkus statement, though. At that time, I only checked for Wu-tang and Rawkus releases.

Go read his post i responded to and maybe you'll figure it out. It's really not difficult to comprehend

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
the legendary roots crew gets my vote...i killed that lp from the day i dropped all throughout the summer that year.

classic album, best roots lp IMO just ahead of Illadelph Halflife.

it's the only lp on that list that i don't have to skip numerous tracks due to them either having multiple filler tracks or due to them becoming played out fratboy party/stoner anthems that i don't care to hear ever again.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I'm surprised that many people chose I Am... even the bootleg. I think Streetz Iz A Mutha is the best album outside of 2001 and Operation: Doomsday

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
I cant believe the Chronic 2001 is getting all this love, i do agree its a classic but i also feel theres better albums from that year. One poster mighta had it right when he claimed that cacs were rewriting history, i mean it was eminem that brought all the cac fans into rap. And then they all started going to war for Dre too since Em and Dre did songs together. The only white hip hop fans that should get any respect are the ones that were rap fans before Feminem

:usure:

So ur saying every white hip hop fan started listening to rap music because of Eminem?

:childplease:

Oroko Saki

The Shredder
Daps
:usure:

So ur saying every white hip hop fan started listening to rap music because of Eminem?

:childplease:

Yes, I did say that but I meant to say most white hip hop fans are here because of Feminem. My last sentence verifies this

"The only white hip hop fans that should get any respect are the ones that were rap fans before Feminem"

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
Yes, I did say that but I meant to say most white hip hop fans are here because of Feminem. My last sentence verifies this

"The only white hip hop fans that should get any respect are the ones that were rap fans before Feminem"

I'm white and most of my white friends were listening to rap music before Eminem. Rap music been around since the late 70s and early 80s so u must be talking about the more recent generation cause Em didn't get popping till 99 or so.

I'm an Eminem fan to a certain extent. I don't f*ck with his music no more but in the SSLP and MMLP days he was one of my favorite rappers.

A lot of people that only got into rap music cause of Em don't even really register as hip hop heads anyway. A lot of them don't even listen to rap, they just listen to Eminem.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
That isn't what I'm saying. I'm not saying you can't appreciate the music, I'm saying if you aren't aware of, can't relate, or have no idea what majority of the album's subject matter is about you're not going to feel it as much as someone that appreciates the subject matter, can relate to it, and fits the exact audience the album was aiming for. Maybe you might even think The Infamous is the greatest album in the world even though you never left the house a day in your life. Maybe you even feel some type of deep rooted connection to it. I think situations like that are rare. :manny:

you shouldnt have to relate to acknowledge great music.

i think thats the thing. alot of people dont know how to be objective.

good music is just good music on this end. i could care less if you go out there and sing "eep opp ork opp opp". if the chit is fly, the chit is fly.