Bernie Sanders Changes his Mind on Reparations :gladbron:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Do I think we're reckless with our money? hell yes
You can take that as you want it, nobody loves my people more than I do, but we have some issues and it's not our fault, we've been conditioned to throw away money partly because we're not used to it

Do you have a job

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
60 million in reparations ... 10s of billions... You have to understand politics breh im not saying Sanders is a saint or the best thing ever... But he is arguably the best ever to run for president in terms of effect on blacks and I think black americans should at least take a look

:mjlol:

Ok, can you please list the policies that Sanders publicly confirmed he will push for the sole benefit of Black Americans?

Similar to how he signed a bill to pay reparations for the sole benefit of Jewish victims of the Holocaust.

Peace

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
where was all the reparations talk when Obama was in office? I swear he didnt agree with it either.

Obama has straight up said he was against reparations:

Obama Opposes Slavery Reparations

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama opposes offering reparations to the descendants of slaves, putting him at odds with some black groups and leaders.

The man with a serious chance to become the nation's first black president argues that government should instead combat the legacy of slavery by improving schools, health care and the economy for all.

"I have said in the past _ and I'll repeat again _ that the best reparations we can provide are good schools in the inner city and jobs for people who are unemployed," the Illinois Democrat said recently.

Meanwhile, his administration had no problem giving 12 million dollars to the Jews:

Obama Approves $12 Million for Holocaust Survivors, Not One Dime for African-American Reparations - Breaking Brown

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:mjlol:

Ok, can you please list the policies that Sanders publicly confirmed he will push for the sole benefit of Black Americans?

Similar to how he signed a bill to pay reparations for the sole benefit of Jewish victims of the Holocaust.

Peace

Why do we need him to do anything specific for us. He marched with Dr. King, isn't that enough :dahell:

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
College should be free for African Americans:manny:

Nice idea. But without an economy, who will hire these large swaths of black college graduates? Black college graduates already struggle finding commensurate employment to their education levels. Education is a tool to sustain a people....not used to get jobs from another people.

Good idea as part of a possible reparations policy but putting the cart before the horse.

Peace

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Nice idea. But without an economy, who will hire these large swaths of black college graduates? Black college graduates already struggle finding commensurate employment to their education levels. Education is a tool to sustain a people....not used to get jobs from another people.

Good idea as part of a possible reparations policy but putting the cart before the horse.

Peace

Cosign. An education doesn't mean shyt if you have to go to white people to employ you.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
smh man. bernie is gonna lose this shyt if he can't get more of the black vote when he is the only one who gives a flying fukk about the black community. You bring up his history of fighting for civil rights and the response I get is "man who cares if he fought for our civil rights, is that supposed to be the reason I vote for him??? :martin:"

Ok, prove he cares about the black community then. List the policies that Sanders has publicly confirmed he will push as president that are intended for the sole benefit of Black Americans.

N#ggas are impressed by symbolism. Black people are impressed by action and use of political office do rights wrong committed against the black masses.

We're waiting for that list of policies :jbhmm:

Peace

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Peace
but its not just about the degree... Free education would hopefully lead to more ppl going to school. getting educated, benefiting society positiviely.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
The Vermont senator joined 18 colleagues in co-sponsoring the Holocaust Rail Justice Act, a bill to help survivors and families sue France’s national railway company, SNCF, for reparations.

Why wouldn't he vote for that?

Y'all kill me with the false outrage and false dichotomies. I don't support the state of Israel but if anything, people getting some form of reparations would set a good precedent for any other oppressed people looking for theirs.

The real question is why is America sending billions of dollars of advanced weaponry to israel every year. It's not just a question of having an 'ally' in the middle east and to watch Iran.

You do realize that African Americans are the only group left to not receive reparations. The Italians received reparations for the lynching in New Orleans in the early 1900s. The Japanese received reparations for being put in internment camps. The Jews receive reparations for crimes that didn't even happen here. Indians receive reparations for having their land stolen by the government. Slave owners received reparations for "losing property" after the emancipation proclamation.

Why is it every other group can receive reparations, but the descendants of African slaves are told we have false outrage when we demand what every other group already received.