Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Album is FIRE. Final verdict.

3 critiques =

WSG fukks up Griselda Express. I love the beat & Conway/Rick Hyde features.

Babyface Ray sucks on Pillow Talk & Slander.

The beat on How To Rap is generic early 2000’s Just Blaze knockoff. I don’t hate it but I’ve heard it a thousand times.
Lol I like Gunn hook on that

I agree with everything else you said

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Benny’s hooks are so fukking bad. He ain’t comfortable doing them shyts. These dudes should be forever grateful to the fly god. The last song on the album should have been thrown in the trash bin.

yourgod

Pro
Daps
The Al comparisons to rza and madlib are goofy af. Those doods is basically his fathers, he got songs that sound like rza beats on rare chandeliers and if oh no didn’t expose him to madlib and dilla we wouldn’t have the al that we have today. I think if this album didn’t come out on a major both HB and Al would have had a bit more freedom of n the production. And the HB disrespect gotta stop, dood resurrected nas in the back half of his career, dood chemistry just ain’t as good with benny.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Great album, not really any misses, and much more current sounding than most griselda projects

Big Dog and the babyface/Jada collab tracks are my favorite

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Benny’s hooks are so fukking bad. He ain’t comfortable doing them shyts. These dudes should be forever grateful to the fly god. The last song on the album should have been thrown in the trash bin.
Only terrible hook on this is big dog

In fact, I might try to find or make a hookless version, song is FIRE other than that

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I had to really give it time to see how I felt about the album and not kneejerk..

The High points:
Jermaine's Graduation was a great way to open the album,
TMVTL sounds like a classic GSR track, loved the beat switch.
Loved the beat and hook on Pillow talk and slander
Griselda express was dope as well.

Lows:
Geez, the second track BRON sounds like a early 2000 beat and I hate beeny's flow on it, its cringe, easily the worse track on the album to me
How to rap, Big tymers, and one foot in were all trash to me.

Overall I'll give it a 2.5 out of 5.
Way too many filler/weak tracks for a 12 track release for it to be considered good or solid imo, I'm sure there will bonus cuts down the line but this album miss the mark in a lot of places.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I had to really give it time to see how I felt about the album and not kneejerk..

The High points:
Jermaine's Graduation was a great way to open the album,
TMVTL sounds like a classic GSR track, loved the beat switch.
Loved the beat and hook on Pillow talk and slander
Griselda express was dope as well.

Lows:
Geez, the second track BRON sounds like a early 2000 beat and I hate beeny's flow on it, its cringe, easily the worse track on the album to me
How to rap, Big tymers, and one foot in were all trash to me.

Overall I'll give it a 2.5 out of 5.
Way too many filler/weak tracks for a 12 track release for it to be considered good or solid imo, I'm sure there will bonus cuts down the line but this album miss the mark in a lot of places.
:wtf::wtf::wtf:

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
This my first time listening to a Benny project and I'm sorry but I don't really see the appeal :yeshrug: dude was offered outshined by ALL his guests other than Snoop and WSG :scusthov:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This my first time listening to a Benny project and I'm sorry but I don't really see the appeal :yeshrug: dude was offered outshined by ALL his guests other than Snoop and WSG :scusthov:
this is definitely his least dope solo. Tana Talk 3 or Tana Talk 4 are any of the 3 I'd start with. Or Plugs I Met which is a great short little EP