Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really thought Benny was gonna kill with this album, nope this shyt is below average and that's being nice

Yeah, as an album this ain't it but he's been retweeting people saying it's a classic for the last 5 days:mjlol:

This is a weed plate compared to his best work. Benny wasn't at his best lyrically on top of my issues with the production.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Can't lie they fukked up, Def Jam dropped the ball here. Benny tried his best and made some good songs on this but he needed to get in with a few song writers to show him how to do this shyt.

The big timers shyt should have been the first single.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I had to really give it time to see how I felt about the album and not kneejerk..

The High points:
Jermaine's Graduation was a great way to open the album,
TMVTL sounds like a classic GSR track, loved the beat switch.
Loved the beat and hook on Pillow talk and slander
Griselda express was dope as well.

Lows:
Geez, the second track BRON sounds like a early 2000 beat and I hate beeny's flow on it, its cringe, easily the worse track on the album to me
How to rap, Big tymers, and one foot in were all trash to me.

Overall I'll give it a 2.5 out of 5.
Way too many filler/weak tracks for a 12 track release for it to be considered good or solid imo, I'm sure there will bonus cuts down the line but this album miss the mark in a lot of places.
:dahell:

Sniper

All Star
Daps
The album’s dope to me, the only song I skip is the one with Snoop and fast forward the Liz verse. :russ:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need a deluxe edition with at least 4 more Alchemist songs so I can replace the songs I deleted :unimpressed:

Can't lie they fukked up, Def Jam dropped the ball here. Benny tried his best and made some good songs on this but he needed to get in with a few song writers to show him how to do this shyt.

The big timers shyt should have been the first single.

That hook he was singing :hhh:

I don't know who Peezy is but he sounded way better than Benny on there.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
I need a deluxe edition with at least 4 more Alchemist songs so I can replace the songs I deleted :unimpressed:

Didn’t make it passed the 1st few seconds …. shyt sound like some generic trap shyt

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps
Alright I’ve let this album digest a lil so here’s some thoughts.

“Best shyt since DMX dropped back to back on def jam” why did you have to say that Benny :stopitslime:

Does make me think he’s gonna drop again soon though since he said that. If he does I hope it’s a better show out than this one.

This album was just okay as just another album in Benny Discography but as a “debut album” it was a pretty poor showing. And I love Griselda, I just can’t seem to get into this. I dunno if it was too hyped or what but it’s not Tana 4/BOP level to me. And I liked both of those for the majority.

Quick Side note: I’m sick of these mfs saying it’s their debut because their other “debut” flopped or didn’t do as well as they thought so they later say it was just a mixtape. :camby:

Some of the joints on here sound awful because of the mixing. Idk what was going on there why they let him release shyt that sounds like demo joints.

West sound like he recorded his verse Inside a tin can :francis:

Snoop wasn’t needed at all. The most pointless hook ever.

When the first two singles dropped I wasn’t really feeling the Stove or Wayne joints solely because of the weak hooks. They do sound better in the context of the album but still pretty weak.

And I thought Tyson Vs Ali hook was lazy as fukk. These are def right up there with that joint hook wise.

Big Tymers was straight trash. Should of been cut. That’s the only joint I outright hate on here

This was Originally 18 I joints i believe, Gotta wonder what the other leftovers were and why they were cut. I’m assuming sample clearance. I know at least that black Santa joint was a sample issue and Benny really wanted that to make the cut.

Alchemist hardly ever misses & I love the Nas & Hit-boy 6 album run so not sure what went wrong here. Sounds like two different albums kinda thrown together to make one at the last min to me.

Maybe he should have made a double disc one disc Alch & one Disc hit

Or two back to back albums (like DMX since he mentioned that) one Alch & One hit.

Best joint on here to me is the intro joint.

Just some quick thoughts.

Unrelated to the album But that Wes’ Michelle single was fukking garbage hook-wise too. Stove saved it slightly, but WTF WAS THAT. Michelle is hopefully gonna be at least on the level of the good shyt from And then u pray for me. (I made an Ep of about 8 joints from it)

And Conways lil throway albums, WunTwo, Conductor, etc feel lazy as fukk and phoned in as well. Hopefully he makes a FKTG or GDMM again soon instead of rushed out lil Ep’s. Side B is gonna be another largely throw away w drumwork flunkies all over it I just know it. I can do without hearing Goose by the way ever again in my life.

The Best Griselda shyt recently is Hall & Nash 2 and that’s from 2017.

Kinda says it all.

I want these mfs to win cuz I fukk with em heavily but lately everyone seems to have fallen the fukk off.

Boldy & Rome stay killing it. I’d rather listen to either of them over the Original big three atm.

Conductor and Conway Ep should have made noise. It’s like Conductor sent him a beat pack and said “pick what you want” and Con just said “yeah” and did the whole beat pack in a day. If you making a conductor project do it correctly. Rome killed it w his debut and that was a fukk ton of conductor. Come correct w it at least.

Side note - WHERE THE fukk is boldys official Griselda debut album. That throw away rushed mixtape when he first signed doesn’t count as a debut.

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

I don't even expect there to be a deluxe edition. Does Def Jam even do those?

I dunno. I guess deluxe editions are still somewhat common overall right now, and there's some cut material so who knows?

I'm not holding my breath for it. Maybe they want to squeeze some more juice out of the release though, so they may end up doing it. I have no clue

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Didn’t make it passed the 1st few seconds …. shyt sound like some generic trap shyt

Had the best chance at catching on. That and Bron lol.

Also he wasn't singing on there.

Last edited: