Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This here.

The process, especially in this day and age really speaks to skill level. There are DAW's that basically make the beats for you today! So if a producer is still putting in mad work with chopping, banging out drums by hand, and recreating samples in a way that makes them their own, that speaks to a mad high level of skill and mastery. That's what ALC does every time out. So anyone that makes beats or produces can look at that final product and try to figure out how it was done. But if you're just looping, there isn't much to figure out, lol.

Questlove was saying recently that Q-Tip is one of his favorite producers of all-time because there are beats of his like the OG "Crooklyn Dodgers" joint that he still can't figure out how Tip made. That puts certain producers in an entirely different class.
I was a little harsh with the “get the fukk outta here” …my apologies breh there was no need for that.

While I don’t necessarily agree, I get what you’re saying. Appreciate your insights always even if I don’t like them lol

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
He doesn't.

Compare Al's instrumental albums to Madlib's Beat Konducta series. Madlib can do it all and has more styles and pulls from more genres of music. Compare Alfredo and Bandana and Madlib's production changes the vibe from song to song. I tend to skip songs when I revisit Al's albums. Madlib's I play straight through.

As great as Al is he doesn't have the classic albums. Consistency has made him great but I feel like he stays in certain lane that gets repetitive where Madlib's work with DOOM is nothing like his work with Gibbs. Comp
He's spoken on his tendency to just loop records, I'm not trying to insult the man. He calls himself the Loopdigga for a reason. There's nothing wrong with it, and we know he can chop and all that if he wants to, that wasn't what the conversation was about really.
I agree with pretty much every point you're making though. It all just comes down to preference from there. I even agree Madlib has more classic records. He's in my top 5~ too. No knock to his production at all.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alchemist crushed it!

We need a Benny or con with Alchemist & darringer only.

We already got those. Benny probably won't do another now that he's on Def Jam but the next Hall and Nash is only Al and Daringer.

I think Madlib could do for Conway what he did for Gibbs and get him rapping over a different sound and being more creative.

I'm waiting to hear Benny's reaction to the criticism this album is getting. The numbers probably won't be good and none of the singles caught on. Let's see if he blames the fans or Def Jam. Either way I doubt he's going back to the Griselda sound or working with someone like V Don.

He's spoken on his tendency to just loop records, I'm not trying to insult the man. He calls himself the Loopdigga for a reason. There's nothing wrong with it, and we know he can chop and all that if he wants to, that wasn't what the conversation was about really.
I agree with pretty much every point you're making though. It all just comes down to preference from there. I even agree Madlib has more classic records. He's in my top 5~ too. No knock to his production at all.

Everybody who samples wants to find loops. Madlib just gets there first :manny:

Having a great ear and knowing the right music to dig for is a skill.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Wayne has the best verse on the entire album :skip:
You spelled Stove God wrong
4.25/5

Excellent album

Hope it keeps its legs past this week. He’s getting a lot of acclaim so far
The Alchemist half and One Foot In maybe.
WSG is wasting Armani I love how Spesh let's Che cut loose with her music. Armani has talent she's being held back a ton:snoop:
She's pregnant.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I was a little harsh with the “get the fukk outta here” …my apologies breh there was no need for that.

While I don’t necessarily agree, I get what you’re saying. Appreciate your insights always even if I don’t like them lol

I get that.

It's music, man. We're gonna have these debates same way we would in a barbershop or wherever. It gets like that sometimes, lol. If we all liked the same sh*t and saw everything the same way, sh*t would be mad boring.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Album is FIRE. Final verdict.

3 critiques =

WSG fukks up Griselda Express. I love the beat & Conway/Rick Hyde features.

Babyface Ray sucks on Pillow Talk & Slander.

The beat on How To Rap is generic early 2000’s Just Blaze knockoff. I don’t hate it but I’ve heard it a thousand times.

Last edited: