Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Word …. I was just thinking about that album that had the pig on there …. That shyt was fukking terrible

Real talk Ben be picking them hard ass alc beats since tana talk 3 …. I’m ready for a full Benny and alc album
Man, it’s not even that them rappers are wack but they get the throwaway experimental Alchemist beats :mjlol:

I’m as big of an Alchemist fan as everybody else but I’m not stanning every single beat he does just because. We def need a Benny/ALC album & I think the Benny/Conway album will def be produced fully by Alchemist.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I never said Alch wasn’t good I like Alch produced songs, i’m saying the Hit-Boy hate is a result of people feeling somehow threatened that Alchemist’s “crown” is being usurped when Alchemist himself (in my opinion) ain’t no GOAT level untouchable producer. Alch is a product of RZA and other 90’s producers who did it ten times better than Alch himself ever did.

Doesn’t mean he’s not good but the absolute dismissal of Hit-Boy when compared to Alchemist is fukking disgusting.
Ok, first of all. You’re taking the Hit-Boy criticism way too personally :mjtf:

I don’t think anybody is worrying about Hit-Boy being compared to Alchemist as if it’s some sort of competition for legacy at this point. Especially when it’s blatantly obvious that Alchemist has been doing it for much longer than Hit-Boy & has his legacy cemented as an all-time great. I disagree with you about Alchemist being a GOAT level producer or not. He is. Actually, you bring up RZA but Alchemist been a better producer than RZA ever since he started truly getting more and more placements in the late 90’s. RZA already fell off by the time Alchemist was rocking heavy with beats like Keep It Thoro. RZA was not producing on that level anymore. Alchemist is a legend. You can say that and still be the biggest Hit-Boy fan. I can say that I like a handful of the beats from Hit-Boy on this and still say that compared to Alchemist beats on this project it’s not on the same level. I’m just being honest. The people have spoken. Respect it:ufdup:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I never said Alch wasn’t good I like Alch produced songs, i’m saying the Hit-Boy hate is a result of people feeling somehow threatened that Alchemist’s “crown” is being usurped when Alchemist himself (in my opinion) ain’t no GOAT level untouchable producer. Alch is a product of RZA and other 90’s producers who did it ten times better than Alch himself ever did.

Doesn’t mean he’s not good but the absolute dismissal of Hit-Boy when compared to Alchemist is fukking disgusting.
I don’t think anyone feels threatened or anything like that. It’s not that serious. Don’t even think Alc sounds much like RZA either fwiw

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
gave it a play in the gym

first listen it was just aight

what happened to Daringer?
does Benny still mess with him?
Daringer produced half of bennys last album. It just felt long ago because it was 2022. In general Daringer doesn’t seem very busy these days. I assume they’re cool though

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Ok, first of all. You’re taking the Hit-Boy criticism way too personally :mjtf:

I don’t think anybody is worrying about Hit-Boy being compared to Alchemist as if it’s some sort of competition for legacy at this point. Especially when it’s blatantly obvious that Alchemist has been doing it for much longer than Hit-Boy & has his legacy cemented as an all-time great. I disagree with you about Alchemist being a GOAT level producer or not. He is. Actually, you bring up RZA but Alchemist been a better producer than RZA ever since he started truly getting more and more placements in the late 90’s. RZA already fell off by the time Alchemist was rocking heavy with beats like Keep It Thoro. RZA was not producing on that level anymore. Alchemist is a legend. You can say that and still be the biggest Hit-Boy fan. I can say that I like a handful of the beats from Hit-Boy on this and still say that compared to Alchemist beats on this project it’s not on the same level. I’m just being honest. The people have spoken. Respect it:ufdup:
RZA has probably the best 5 year run of any hiphop producer ever and I don’t think that run will ever be touched. Where Al managed to creep into the overall top 5-10 status is with the longevity. Al never had a run of impactful albums like those early Wu albums and probably won’t, but he’s been top 5 must active producers on any given year for a couple decades now.

His output is just so much. And it’s consistent. I don’t like as much the beats he does for Earl or Armand Hammer or Mike and Wiki, but there’s enough stuff he does for others (Benny, Boldy, Gibbs, Conway, Spitta, Ev, Prodigy) that I don’t mind the other stuff that’s not for me.

And he’s made a lot of quality collab albums the past 10 years. He’s in my all time top 5 or 10, and in my top 3 personal favorites. I still have ahead of him all time RZA, Preemo, and Dre. And peak Havoc and Madlib I have ahead of him. But Al has so much more overall music released with artists than any of those guys. It’s crazy.

Sean7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RZA has probably the best 5 year run of any hiphop producer ever and I don’t think that run will ever be touched. Where Al managed to creep into the overall top 5-10 status is with the longevity. Al never had a run of impactful albums like those early Wu albums and probably won’t, but he’s been top 5 must active producers on any given year for a couple decades now.

His output is just so much. And it’s consistent. I don’t like as much the beats he does for Earl or Armand Hammer or Mike and Wiki, but there’s enough stuff he does for others (Benny, Boldy, Gibbs, Conway, Spitta, Ev, Prodigy) that I don’t mind the other stuff that’s not for me.

And he’s made a lot of quality collab albums the past 10 years. He’s in my all time top 5 or 10, and in my top 3 personal favorites. I still have ahead of him all time RZA, Preemo, and Dre. And peak Havoc and Madlib I have ahead of him. But Al has so much more overall music released with artists than any of those guys. It’s crazy.
I agree on mostly all of this especially Rza's 5 year run.... The Wu albums and solo albums were on another level during that run and he was at his absolute peak during that time. Every album taht dropped then I knew was going to have incredible production on it and could not wait to hear what was next....

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Outside of several tracks. This isnt very good.

Compared to TT3 its downright ass tbh

It doesn't help that dude did all of the theatrics and hyping the shyt up like it's the second coming of OC.

Only for the album to be a mid ass turd with no replay value.

Hell I would replay "Won't He Do It" over this jawn.