Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I keep trying to find the right words to describe what I think about a lot of hit-boy’s sound, “sterile” is it. it doesn’t move me, the drums are flat and it’s not all that well mastered imo. Buffalo Kitchen Club is gonna be on repeat for a while. would have loved to have heard 38 Spesh on this project

They're just generic beats to me. Type of beats that play in the background of a boost mobile commercial or a sprite commercial. Generic, common, non-specific.

"File hip hop beats" on a software program or something

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
westside gunn is a really bad rapper. I'm not sure how people even listen to that dude.

He was WAYYYYYYYYYY better in like 2017-2018. I could never say that West is an objectively “bad” rapper he just went too far into the “artist” bag and forgot that his bread and butter is fukking RAPPING. Not everybody is going to be Kendrick Lamar or Kanye West and make that transition into the “I can’t make whatever weird artistic choices I want” mode.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Okay the only song I hate is “Buffalo Kitchen Club”

I just don’t like female rappers.

I must be in the minority because I fukking LOVE that song and I was flabbergasted that the Hip Hop DX review called it one of the two skips on the album.

I thought Armani’s fine ass ate on that track. She’s a star for real

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Solid work after my second listen... highlights were Pillow talk and slander, how to rap, and Griselda Express...

BUT it left me wondering just what did DefJam do to enhance the project? No high level features, no (imo) great marketing....Sounds like this could have dropped independent :jbhmm:
The best I can say is def jam didn’t interfere

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Solid work after my second listen... highlights were Pillow talk and slander, how to rap, and Griselda Express...

BUT it left me wondering just what did DefJam do to enhance the project? No high level features, no (imo) great marketing....Sounds like this could have dropped independent :jbhmm:

Only thing I can think of is they cleared samples and or paid for some radio spins for Big Dog

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Also it just occurred to me that if Benny wants to really be considered for awards like Grammys it was probably best to sign with a Major. Even though a handful of artists have been nominated for and even won Grammys as independent artists they’re still big names who have been signed to Majors previously.

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
"I know I'm gonna win like the election if trump win again"

Yea we get it Benny. You've been bought:beli:

You'd be surprised now fam at how many black people and latinos are for Trump.

Bc they saw what the "system" did to him these past 4 years with all the bullshyt.

Shyt i remember before the last election even Weezy endorsed Trump.

He gonna win big