Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
When that chipmunk "sample" came in when Everybody Can't Go came on:scust:

Hit makes these paper thin, great value "soul" beats that I can't get into. There's no life in that sample and there's definitely no soul. It sounds generic and I knew what the drums were going to sound like before they came in. It's lazy and there's probably 1,000 beatmakers who could make something like that in 5 minutes. Benny could have searched for soul type beats on YouTube and got the same result or better.

Then TMVTL comes on next and makes that beat sound even more weak and flat.

It ain't just that Hit Boy was using sample packs because Al uses them too. Johnny P's Caddy is one example and he might have used some on this album but you'd never know just listening to it. Hit Boy uses them and you can hear it. He's just not a true sample based producer. His style works for mainstream music but it's not going to hold up vs Alchemist and that Griselda sound.

The best beat Hit Boy gave him didn't even make the album. I would have taken that song and had some other producers do the rest of the album. I don't see the value in using Hit Boy if he's not making you a hit record. His beats don't really satisfy the Griselda crowd so who are they for?
Al’s not really a sample pack user. Johnny p’s is sample free, but only because the OG didn’t clear, and they had Khalil and singer come in and play a ton of live music and sing, and then that’s what he chopped up for the beat. But he doesn’t really go after those sample packs.

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
After listening I can 100% hear what everyone else does and that’s the difference between ALC and Hit-Boy tracks. I mean you don’t need a track list to know who produced what.
Having said that, this is a dope project although not as cohesive as a two producer project should sound.
Benny spitting as always
Conway MURKED his track as always
My boy Stove needs a full length project ASAP!
Armani is dope I wish I was the dude who got her preggo lol
Jermaine’s Graduation and TMVTL are standouts for sure. Classic joints

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Not on my YouTube music

good shyt. I have YT music as well.

hold up :whoa:

why don't I see it on mine?
That’s strange. I ended up listening around midnight anyway lmao. I think it’s because I have youtube premium through the method of using a VPN via Ukraine. For some reason even though I changed back to America, some settings are still stuck as Ukraine so the time difference might still be involved there. This the first time I seen something up early though.

Album was pretty fire off first listen but I gotta listen more. Outro track was a choice lol

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
I know it's a Wayne feature (does that matter in 2024?) but Big Dog is the worst song on here to me. No clue why that was the single.

Overall the album is not amazing but solid. The piano loop on Jermaine's Graduation reminds me of this

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Al’s not really a sample pack user. Johnny p’s is sample free, but only because the OG didn’t clear, and they had Khalil and singer come in and play a ton of live music and sing, and then that’s what he chopped up for the beat. But he doesn’t really go after those sample packs.

I know that but Al will still make a non sample sound like a sample. Conductor does that same thing but uses packs more.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I know that but Al will still make a non sample sound like a sample. Conductor does that same thing but uses packs more.
No doubt. That’s kinda what I meant. I’ve heard stuff in packs that conductor and hit have used that I’ve heard in a handful of other beats. Al is usually adding in hand played synth lines and weird trippy little sound effects. His main melodies and driving sounds are almost entirely lifted from vinyl.

Sample packs are getting doper and doper though

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
That’s strange. I ended up listening around midnight anyway lmao. I think it’s because I have youtube premium through the method of using a VPN via Ukraine. For some reason even though I changed back to America, some settings are still stuck as Ukraine so the time difference might still be involved there. This the first time I seen something up early though.

Album was pretty fire off first listen but I gotta listen more. Outro track was a choice lol

my YT music is thru argentina, so maybe that's why I didn't get it despite turning on the VPN.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
1. 5/5 Solid gold classic
2. 4/5 Beat is generic but its not bad. Benny snaps.
3. 3.5/5 Hook should have been done by somebody else. Verses are decent, beat is solid.
4. 4/5 Nice album cut
5. 5/5 Solid Gold. Every track should have been this good.
6. 4/5 Snoop only does the hook but thats fine. It works.
7. 5/5 Dope, nice to hear Stove on a beat like this. Rapping is fire.
8. 5/5 Banger. Armani sounds great on Alc beats, they should do a full project.
9. 3/5 Meh
10. 4/5 Dope concept, well executed
11. 3/5 Why is this track so long? Not one of the better Griselda posse cuts.
12. 2/5 Generic beat and flow. Bad hook. Not like this style of track could never work for Benny, but this particular one doesn't.

4/5 album. Benny should have sold out a little tbh. Otherwise why sign to Def Jam. This is the same stuff he does on indies that has a set audience. Doing the same thing with glossier music videos won't broaden his appeal. Decent album though. If you're a Griselda fan I think you'll be satisfied despite a few wack tracks and an unpleasant Trump reference.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Griselda Express is fire but I agree about Gunn and I think it sounds like he didn't even hear the beat when he did his vocals. It sounds like a mash up where someone took an acapella from him and pasted it on there. Weird.

westside gunn is a really bad rapper. I'm not sure how people even listen to that dude.

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
westside gunn is a really bad rapper. I'm not sure how people even listen to that dude.
Because he makes AAART!

Nah Gunn can be irritating and has gotten even more so lately but end to end his projects usually have dope production (whether it’s ALC, Daringer, Conductor, Monk, LaFlare, etc) and have A+ features from Conway, Benny, Stove God, Rome, etc.

At least that’s what keeps me listening and will always have me checking for him