Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
1. 5/5 Solid gold classic
2. 4/5 Beat is generic but its not bad. Benny snaps.
3. 3.5/5 Hook should have been done by somebody else. Verses are decent, beat is solid.
4. 4/5 Nice album cut
5. 5/5 Solid Gold. Every track should have been this good.
6. 4/5 Snoop only does the hook but thats fine. It works.
7. 5/5 Dope, nice to hear Stove on a beat like this. Rapping is fire.
8. 5/5 Banger. Armani sounds great on Alc beats, they should do a full project.
9. 3/5 Meh
10. 4/5 Dope concept, well executed
11. 3/5 Why is this track so long? Not one of the better Griselda posse cuts.
12. 2/5 Generic beat and flow. Bad hook. Not like this style of track could never work for Benny, but this particular one doesn't.

4/5 album. Benny should have sold out a little tbh. Otherwise why sign to Def Jam. This is the same stuff he does on indies that has a set audience. Doing the same thing with glossier music videos won't broaden his appeal. Decent album though. If you're a Griselda fan I think you'll be satisfied despite a few wack tracks and an unpleasant Trump reference.
I felt like Benny did sell out a bit. Some of his choppy flows like on the Snoop track or Bron where he switched his flow & then the last track with Peezy. That’s clearly a sellout type joint. It just doesn’t work. I’m not even knocking the album because it’s really dope.

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope album! Benny def did his thing and I'm not expecting him to revolutionize his raps at this point in the game. Rick Hyde and Peezy features contributed little. Would have liked to hear Boldy on here.

I like the production mix between alc and hit boy. Yes their tracks sound different, alc tracks sound like alc tracks and HB tracks sound like HB tracks. Yes HB's sound isn't the "fullest," and is kind of cold, but I don't mind that. It's his style and his beats typically sound good in my ear. I don't care how the sausage was made :yeshrug:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listening to this album gave me a newfound respect for Daringer because he went toe to toe with Alchemist on TT4 and I think they were dead even. Might even give Daringer a slight edge because he has my favorite songs on there.

hit boy stinks man.

when someone said “hit boy beats sound like what ai hip hop beats would sound like” they were right. idk if its a mix thing or what but they have no feel to them.

:mjlol:

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
I keep trying to find the right words to describe what I think about a lot of hit-boy’s sound, “sterile” is it. it doesn’t move me, the drums are flat and it’s not all that well mastered imo. Buffalo Kitchen Club is gonna be on repeat for a while. would have loved to have heard 38 Spesh on this project

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
westside gunn is a really bad rapper. I'm not sure how people even listen to that dude.
To be clear, I think West's last album was trash, but just to put the appeal out there.

People aren't listening to him for bars or anything like that. It's just an aesthetic. The production he chooses, the voice, and the juxtaposition of mashing together topics of luxury and also gritty shyt at the same time. And he has a lot of dope features as well. He's more of a vibe artist and not so much of a rapper that's going to bar you to death.

Him being a "rapper" has honestly never really been what people like about him. Even a lot of his biggest fans don't hold him up as a super elite rapper.

That being said, he definitely can rap pretty good when he's trying to. He actually sounds pretty dope on more upper mid-tempo beats and on this joint where he did Kool G Rap's flow.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Y’all really got this spot running crash dummy thinking he’s a crime boss

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
westside gunn is a really bad rapper. I'm not sure how people even listen to that dude.
:pacspit:

He progressed to the level where he started playing with this shyt before most nikkas even heard of him

Meanwhile the same nikkas dikkride Benny and I can still hear him counting the bars in his head

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I keep trying to find the right words to describe what I think about a lot of hit-boy’s sound, “sterile” is it. it doesn’t move me, the drums are flat and it’s not all that well mastered imo. Buffalo Kitchen Club is gonna be on repeat for a while. would have loved to have heard 38 Spesh on this project
I think some of it too is that he's so good at doing every producer's sound, that I don't really know what his own identity is.

I don't want to go as far as saying he's unoriginal, but if there were a less bad and negative sounding word, it'd be something like that for me. Because again, he seems like a very cool dude.

But so many of his beats are like other people's sounds. On his Nas and Benny projects he has beats that sound like: Timbo, Preemo, 9th Wonder, Heatmakerz, Dre, Daz, Conductor Williams, Bink, Just Blaze, DJ Paul...

And it's tricky because I love that he's inspired and not scared to wear that on his sleeves. But I always hear other people's sounds when I hear his work.