Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
Al’s not really a sample pack user. Johnny p’s is sample free, but only because the OG didn’t clear, and they had Khalil and singer come in and play a ton of live music and sing, and then that’s what he chopped up for the beat. But he doesn’t really go after those sample packs.
thanks for clearing that up. i was wondering why Spotify listed Khalil as a co-producer.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
agreed.

I will say, it seems like Benny got Hit to give one sound and Alc to give another sound. It's not a Slippin' Into Darkness situation where Hit and Alc were on the same vibe on the 2 different beats, where they each made a beat where they both were in the soul sample lane.

So, I think on this Benny album that it makes it sound a little more disjointed and more like a paylist to me, because he got Al to come through with the darker and more sinister punchy drums and hi-hats with the synth and spacey out samples sound. And he got Hit-Boy to come through with the energetic soul chop sample sound.

It almost sounds like this was meant to be two different albums sonically that were mashed together. The individual songs are good, but I'm just gonna have to get used to them thrown together.
Fully agree with this take. It's like he squashed two EPs together and made this. I like ALC and I like Hit, but their sounds don't really mesh by default.

This is still a good Benny album. Around the same level at TT4 but below TT3, Plugs 1 and Burden

Another solid release in his catalog but I don't see this moving the needle for him

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think Hit's problem is that he's very ambitious and wants to be everything at once. He has a lane and a core sound that still sounds fresh, but he seems to want "real hip-hop" points for making boom bap, Rocafella nostalgia and ALCesque loop-dee-loops.

When he does the wavy fast-paced shyt with the bass rolls, it's dope as fukk

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
You'd be surprised now fam at how many black people and latinos are for Trump.

Bc they saw what the "system" did to him these past 4 years with all the bullshyt.

Shyt i remember before the last election even Weezy endorsed Trump.

He gonna win big
shyt is sad how little people know about politics. Poor people only know that they got a bunch of free money when trump was in office. They don't understand that the right did everything they could to block all that money being sent out. It was the left who voted that stimulus money to get sent out.

But it's genius on trump's part. He knew the misinformed would give him credit for the stimulus checks while also being able to blame the left for the inflation that's going on. He wins either way. Some high level chess moves on his part. Can't even hate on it. Dude's whole strategy was to win over all the dumb muthafukkers in our country. And he's actually succeeding.

Daps
Fell flwt to me orf first listen. Besf thing about the albums these guys release on majors is the mixing. Also, not a fan of Hit's sound at all.

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Conway and Boldy. But it's only one listen, just a first impression. And while I like his music, I never thought Benny was that good anyway.

No doubt,both are nice.

I happen to think Benny is better than Boldy but that's just my opinion.

I think this here album is pretty solid,like most here have said,I'm not a fan of hit boy production.

We get so few actual good albums nowadays that I'm grateful for shyt like this.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That money good but that contract ain't on the up & up
Take the money and leave the masters
Take the what, leave the what?
I'm counting out this paper cut, paper cut
fukk what I'm bringing to the table when I'm the legs that hold the fukkin table up

Machine :wow:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I keep trying to find the right words to describe what I think about a lot of hit-boy’s sound, “sterile” is it. it doesn’t move me, the drums are flat and it’s not all that well mastered imo. Buffalo Kitchen Club is gonna be on repeat for a while. would have loved to have heard 38 Spesh on this project
FLAT is just exactly what i feel when i hear most hitboy beats

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
TMVTL is hands down the pinnacle. This that tanna talk shyt :blessed:

One foot in :ohlawd:

Big Timers :wow:

rest of the album is mid. I don't really care for any other tracks. Spun the whole thing 3 times and I still feel the same.

Benny, face, n kiss on a track and it wasn't hitting....how TF that even happen :dahell:

I was listening to TT3 and TT4 all week. Both those albums 10/10

Def Jam curse strikes again :francis: