Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Ok, I’ve read some of your comments in this thread and I have to say it’s truly not fair to compare Hit-Boy to Alchemist

Always felt it was unfair to compare the two, but it exposed those who only pay attention when it's safe to do so. All the stanning in the world, cant get around knowledge and understanding when folks start discussing music on the technical level.
I actually have sympathy for Hit Boy because a lot the negativity towards him is unwarranted and totally misdirected. All that "Top 5" talk wasn't helping either.

Hit Boy did his thing on ECG no real complaints here.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
That 3rd Verse on TMVTL is a direct threat to the dude that shoot Benny in Houston :whoo:

What's the end story of that? Sounds like the criminal who shot Benny ended up getting alot of jail time.

This album is great, I'm going to buy the CD if it's out or when it drops. Regardless, I support this music and everyone on Coli who likes it should also buy it.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Another Alc joint and another Hit-Boy joint that didn't make the album

There's 0 reason for these joints not to be on the album. Maybe they're doing the major label thing and saving it for the "deluxe" drop in a couple months. Even the Hitboy joint sounds better than most of his joints that made the album.

I was at some sessions when Benny and Dark Lo was working on some shyt…. Man listen…..
Over V Don? :ohhh: shyt will probably never come out with Dark Lo's situation, unfortunately.
V Don needs some bigger placements, I love his work so much but I hate he doesn't get some more love or bigger artist looks
100% The Boldy x V Don joint can't come out soon enough. He's the only one of the Alc clones (respectfully) that is actually close to his level. He's getting better every year too. These rappers need to tap in.

Dope album. Probably right behind TT4, but I need to listen to it more. Hitboy is definitely the thing holding the album back from being better. He has a few on here that go, but some of these joints... :huhldup:The beat on How To Rap is unforgivable. Really horrible.

Everything I've read on here from you guys is pretty on point. The sequencing feels off, the Hitboy joints throw off the cohesiveness, and Alc murdered everything he touched. Benny is consistent. That Snoop hook is a highlight.
Let's see what Def Jam is going to do for him now, because nothing on here sounds like it has any mainstream appeal.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
The alchemist tracks are more in line with the griselda sound that's why nikkas like them more.. but there is no huge gap in quality between the 2

Alchemist is great but not the goat

Crumple

All Star
Daps
There's 0 reason for these joints not to be on the album. Maybe they're doing the major label thing and saving it for the "deluxe" drop in a couple months. Even the Hitboy joint sounds better than most of his joints that made the album.

Over V Don? :ohhh: shyt will probably never come out with Dark Lo's situation, unfortunately.

100% The Boldy x V Don joint can't come out soon enough. He's the only one of the Alc clones (respectfully) that is actually close to his level. He's getting better every year too. These rappers need to tap in.

Dope album. Probably right behind TT4, but I need to listen to it more. Hitboy is definitely the thing holding the album back from being better. He has a few on here that go, but some of these joints... :huhldup:The beat on How To Rap is unforgivable. Really horrible.

Everything I've read on here from you guys is pretty on point. The sequencing feels off, the Hitboy joints throw off the cohesiveness, and Alc murdered everything he touched. Benny is consistent. That Snoop hook is a highlight.
Let's see what Def Jam is going to do for him now, because nothing on here sounds like it has any mainstream appeal.

So those two joints are unreleased?

Man, I'm going to be checking for them. Hope they drop!

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This album is like two different levels on one project.

I really don’t understand why MC's still go to Hit-Boy for those trash ass beats. The generic Ableton templates and sample packs always sound mad thin next to actual dope beats. ALC blessed Benny on this one. I can't be the only one that wanted him to just produce the whole sh*t. The album is wild uneven. And the dip in quality track to track is crazy because Hit can't go beat for beat with the greats. So that makes the album ride weird.

Somebody gotta start telling Hit the truth, man. All that time he's spent around ALC and other producers, and his sh*t is still remedial. He's relying too much on the shortcuts and software, and it's showing in these dumpster-bound beats he's been throwing at dudes for the past couple years. Sh*t is offensive.

When that chipmunk "sample" came in when Everybody Can't Go came on:scust:

Hit makes these paper thin, great value "soul" beats that I can't get into. There's no life in that sample and there's definitely no soul. It sounds generic and I knew what the drums were going to sound like before they came in. It's lazy and there's probably 1,000 beatmakers who could make something like that in 5 minutes. Benny could have searched for soul type beats on YouTube and got the same result or better.

Then TMVTL comes on next and makes that beat sound even more weak and flat.

It ain't just that Hit Boy was using sample packs because Al uses them too. Johnny P's Caddy is one example and he might have used some on this album but you'd never know just listening to it. Hit Boy uses them and you can hear it. He's just not a true sample based producer. His style works for mainstream music but it's not going to hold up vs Alchemist and that Griselda sound.

The best beat Hit Boy gave him didn't even make the album. I would have taken that song and had some other producers do the rest of the album. I don't see the value in using Hit Boy if he's not making you a hit record. His beats don't really satisfy the Griselda crowd so who are they for?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
When that chipmunk "sample" came in when Everybody Can't Go came on:scust:

Hit makes these paper thin, great value "soul" beats that I can't get into. There's no life in that sample and there's definitely no soul. It sounds generic and I knew what the drums were going to sound like before they came in. It's lazy and there's probably 1,000 beatmakers who could make something like that in 5 minutes. Benny could have searched for soul type beats on YouTube and got the same result or better.

Then TMVTL comes on next and makes that beat sound even more weak and flat.

It ain't just that Hit Boy was using sample packs because Al uses them too. Johnny P's Caddy is one example and he might have used some on this album but you'd never know just listening to it. Hit Boy uses them and you can hear it. He's just not a true sample based producer. His style works for mainstream music but it's not going to hold up vs Alchemist and that Griselda sound.

The best beat Hit Boy gave him didn't even make the album. I would have taken that song and had some other producers do the rest of the album. I don't see the value in using Hit Boy if he's not making you a hit record. His beats don't really satisfy the Griselda crowd so who are they for?
This is all true. I feel like they were so close to a classic with Burden of Proof, it’s like a smoker with that 1st hit. They been tryna chase that feeling for the last few yrs but it just don’t hit the same.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is all true. I feel like they were so close to a classic with Burden of Proof, it’s like a smoker with that 1st hit. They been tryna chase that feeling for the last few yrs but it just don’t hit the same.

I didn't care for Burden of Proof. Hit just isn't the right producer for Griselda IMO. Not for the whole or bulk of an album.