Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I just got finished running Everybody Can’t Go in the whip. I decided to ride around and bump this on first listen because my 17 year old son borrowed my Beats headphones and misplaced them :snoop:

Ok, I’ve read some of your comments in this thread and I have to say it’s truly not fair to compare Hit-Boy to Alchemist because it’s blatantly clear that Alchemist is the greatest Hip-Hop producer that is still deeply in the game producing. Alchemist work on TMVTL is truly unbelievable :damn::damn::damn:

With that said I do agree that personally I would have loved to hear the entire album produced by Alchemist but I said that just the same on Tana Talk 4 :blessed:Alchemist is just a GOAT tier producer!

I do feel that although there’s clearly a talent gap between Alchemist & Hit-Boy that Hit-Boy did have some dope productions on this album that are probably more in line with mainstream Hip-Hop records nowadays. I know Benny was def thinking to keep one foot in the grimy shyt he is known for with Alchemist and then with Hit-Boy he is dabbling a bit with a new sound but at the same time continuing his relationship with Hit-Boy so although a newer sound it’s still recognizable. I respect it. Big Tymers on first listen sounds like a weak attempt at a crossover track so that’s my least favorite joint on this album on first listen. WSG is unbearable to listen to on Griselda Express.

I can definitely see myself bumping this album for a while. Very easy listening. Maybe one day we will get an album fully produced by Alchemist. I think it has to be the Benny/Conway album that hopefully drops soon. Benny did say he has another album dropping this year. Hope it’s that!

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Just got off work takes me an hour to drive home from work. Just realized this dropped :banderas: forgot!!! With that hour I had a chance to get through the album fully. Off first listen I don’t know what I feel there’s def bangers on Alcs end but gotta give it more thoro spins

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The Al tracks are great
The Hit-Boy tracks arer cool, but they are exposed next to the Al stuff.
Benny is very good here
Conway is a monster.
Armani is the best "bad bytch" rapper by a country mile. Including Nicki.
Stove God destroys damn near everything he touches.
The new Stove God project is the most needed thing in the culture as far as "new" nikkas EASY. Him being this on fire and stuck doing guest verses is CRIMINAL. His situation needs to be figured out yesterday.

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
One Foot In goes STUPID hard!

Benny really impressing me on here. Dude sounds HUNGRY.

I wish he hadn’t made the DMX comments. I get the confidence but this album deserves to be judged on its own merits and not against all time classic, once in a lifetime EVENTS like X’s debut was
Mentioning DMX was absolutely absurd after listening to this album lol

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just finished

Excellent album overall. I hope Def Jam puts some real marketing into this album and helps the album have some fukking legs throughout the year so people are still talking about it when the Cole’s, Drake’s, Kendrick’s, Future’s, etc inevitably drop. They got two of the top named producers in the game, cleared the samples, got the features, now it’s time to PROVE that being on a Major Label in 2024 actually means something because if an album this good is just put out there to sell 25K first week and then fall off the charts and the collective consciousness minds then F U C K THAT!

Also if this goes well then Armani Caesar is the next one on Griselda that deserves a Major Label look. That girl is a fukking star in the making.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
One Foot In goes STUPID hard!

Benny really impressing me on here. Dude sounds HUNGRY.

I wish he hadn’t made the DMX comments. I get the confidence but this album deserves to be judged on its own merits and not against all time classic, once in a lifetime EVENTS like X’s debut was

The comparison to X is wild and just makes Benny seem overly arrogant / oblivious.

Benny has been dropping projects that all sound pretty similar for years now, X's debut was his first full length and was a completely fresh new energy.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The Al tracks are great
The Hit-Boy tracks arer cool, but they are exposed next to the Al stuff.
Benny is very good here
Conway is a monster.
Armani is the best "bad bytch" rapper by a country mile.
Stove God destroys damn near everything he touches.
The new Stove God project is the most needed thing in the culture as far as "new" nikkas EASY. Him being this on fire and stuck doing guest verses is CRIMINAL. His situation needs to be figured out yesterday.
Stove God is on an insane feature run the last few years :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The comparison to X is wild and just makes Benny seem overly arrogant / oblivious.

Benny has been dropping projects that all sound pretty similar for years now, X's debut was his first full length and was a completely fresh new energy.

Its like when every rapper was claiming they were making a new age Illmatic when in 30 years only two rappers have ever come CLOSE and neither of them directly invoked that album when speaking on their debuts.

Just do the best you can and let the audience decide for themselves.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Just finished

Excellent album overall. I hope Def Jam puts some real marketing into this album and helps the album have some fukking legs throughout the year so people are still talking about it when the Cole’s, Drake’s, Kendrick’s, Future’s, etc inevitably drop. They got two of the top named producers in the game, cleared the samples, got the features, now it’s time to PROVE that being on a Major Label in 2024 actually means something because if an album this good is just put out there to sell 25K first week and then fall off the charts and the collective consciousness minds then F U C K THAT!

Also if this goes well then Armani Caesar is the next one on Griselda that deserves a Major Label look. That girl is a fukking star in the making.
Armani Caesar was flowing!
4b25tcehtbk71.jpg

:takedat:

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
My prediction came true lol
Benny drops this album after that forever and a day rollout and then Meg the Stallion randomly drops a diss track to Nicki Minaj & Drake that everybody will be talking about for a while you hate to see it :francis: