Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
This album is like two different levels on one project.

I really don’t understand why MC's still go to Hit-Boy for those trash ass beats. The generic Ableton templates and sample packs always sound mad thin next to actual dope beats. ALC blessed Benny on this one. I can't be the only one that wanted him to just produce the whole sh*t. The album is wild uneven. And the dip in quality track to track is crazy because Hit can't go beat for beat with the greats. So that makes the album ride weird.

Somebody gotta start telling Hit the truth, man. All that time he's spent around ALC and other producers, and his sh*t is still remedial. He's relying too much on the shortcuts and software, and it's showing in these dumpster-bound beats he's been throwing at dudes for the past couple years. Sh*t is offensive.

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
alchemist is 5/5 on this project. he doesn't have a weak track on there. the one I like the least is the joint with griselda and that's only cuz I don't like westide gunn.
Griselda Express is fire but I agree about Gunn and I think it sounds like he didn't even hear the beat when he did his vocals. It sounds like a mash up where someone took an acapella from him and pasted it on there. Weird.

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I really don’t understand why MC's still go to Hit-Boy for those trash ass beats. The generic Abelton templates and sample packs always sound mad thin next to actual dope beats. ALC blessed Benny on this one. I can't be the only one that wanted him to just produce the whole sh*t. The album is wild uneven. And the dip in quality track to track is crazy because Hit can't go beat for beat with the greats. So that makes the album ride weird.

Somebody gotta start telling Hit the truth. All that time he's spent around ALC and other producers, and his sh*t is still remedial. He's relying too much on the shortcuts and software, and it's showing in these dumpster-bound beats he's been throwing at dudes for the past couple years. Sh*t is offensive.
I would’ve loved to see VDon and Alc do an album for Benny. That’s damn near my dream lol

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

I really don’t understand why MC's still go to Hit-Boy for those trash ass beats. The generic Abelton templates and sample packs always sound mad thin next to actual dope beats. ALC blessed Benny on this one. I can't be the only one that wanted him to just produce the whole sh*t. The album is wild uneven. And the dip in quality track to track is crazy because Hit can't go beat for beat with the greats. So that makes the album ride weird.

Somebody gotta start telling Hit the truth. All that time he's spent around ALC and other producers, and his sh*t is still remedial. He's relying too much on the shortcuts and software, and it's showing in these dumpster-bound beats he's been throwing at dudes for the past couple years. Sh*t is offensive.
I really wanna like Hit's production more than I do. He seems really cool, and I think he's super talented. I do think a lot of his stuff is kind of derivative and not super original, though. I actually like him as a rapper more than a producer. Slippin' Into Darkness was one of my favorite songs last year. And a lot of my favorite beats of his are the ones where he produces for himself.

But you can definitely hear a difference in the levels on this album. The drums are just so much punchier on the Alc beats, and the actual drum sounds sound a little more organic and warm. I wish Hit would use less sample packs too. I definitely like his beats with Nas more than his beats with Benny.

I'm still looking forward to his upcoming project with Alc.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Pretty much

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
DAMN! I never even thought about them pairing up, but that would be a dope way to go for Benny!

:ohhh:
I would’ve loved to see VDon and Alc do an album for Benny. That’s damn near my dream lol
V Don needs some bigger placements, I love his work so much but I hate he doesn't get some more love or bigger artist looks

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I really wanna like Hit's production more than I do. He seems really cool, and I think he's super talented. I do think a lot of his stuff is kind of derivative and not super original, though. I actually like him as a rapper more than a producer. Slippin' Into Darkness was one of my favorite songs last year. And a lot of my favorite beats of his are the ones where he produces for himself.

But you can definitely hear a difference in the levels on this album. The drums are just so much punchier on the Alc beats, and the actual drum sounds sound a little more organic and warm. I wish Hit would use less sample packs too. I definitely like his beats with Nas more than his beats with Benny.

I'm still looking forward to his upcoming project with Alc.

He's a chill dude, so I think people just wanna look out for him. Back when he was mostly just rapping and making beats on the side, his tracks were a lot better. This was like 2009-10. And he was kinda doing knockoff Cool Kids beats back then, but even those were kinda dope. Once he started relying on presets and software, his sh*t just got corny, to me. And lifeless.

ALC needs to teach him how to dig for actual records. You can't pull a preset sample off those kits and make it sound like ALC's sh*t. Those are always going to sound thin and artificial. The preset drum loops with the same bounce that every other producer is looping up, doesn't help either. Uncle Al is in there banging out those drums and tracks by hand. Hit is dragging and dropping into a DAW. It's two different generations at work on this one, and you can see how being lazy on the beats sounds against putting in that work. Hit still has a long way to go.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld

This post gonna make me look my own beats different lol got damn.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
He's a chill dude, so I think people just wanna look out for him. Back when he was mostly just rapping and making beats on the side, his tracks were a lot better. This was like 2009-10. And he was kinda doing knockoff Cool Kids beats back then, but even those were kinda dope. Once he started relying on presets and software, his sh*t just got corny, to me. And lifeless.

ALC needs to teach him how to dig for actual records. You can't pull a preset sample off those kits and make it sound like ALC's sh*t. Those are always going to sound thin and artificial. The preset drum loops with the same bounce that every other producer is looping up, doesn't help either. Uncle Al is in there banging out those drums and tracks by hand. Hit is dragging and dropping into a DAW. It's two different generations at work on this one, and you can see how being lazy on the beats sounds against putting in that work. Hit still has a long way to go.

I want an MPC One, SP1200 and a LinnDrum (not to mention Ensoniq and Triton keyboard and Synthesizers) but them shyts aint cheap so I gots to stick with the FL. You dont rock with the Permission?