Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I have liked every track off the album I have heard so far,I'm pretty sure the shyt is gonna be heat.
Everybody who has heard the album early has been lauding it for awhile,and "fabric of hip hop" types ain't just gonna throw flowers casually.

His mainstream success is always going to be limited somewhat because he is a coke rapper who is NICE,he don't sing or do melodies or cater to the ladies,but what he does he does extremely well,and thats really what being an artist is all about.

Abstract painters didn't all the sudden start trying to do the Mona Lisa.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I don't know about this...I think Benny is just a few years too late with this album and real talk I'm tired of the plug rap shyt that he does. He's so one dimensional almost reminds me of Game name dropping throughout every album. Don't get me wrong he can rap his ass off and I know what I'm getting with his projects beforehand but him doing a Def Jam album just makes little to no sense IMO. I personally think Conway transitions into the mainstream better bc he can adapt, has personality, can switch his flow up, still sound like himself and have the best verse. Benny kind of gets lost when he gets these mainstream rappers on his tracks and after that J. Cole track....well we all know what happened there. People forgot he was even on that track.
IMO Benny just doesn't have the charisma for a major like this which is why I don't understand the whole Def Jam album.

Edit:
Looking at this tracklisting....
giphy.gif

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Well c and hall and nash 2 album of last year even tho created in 2k16. Perfect time to drop it in a mid year. Bennys not better than conway at all but he had the better last album out of all of them which is tt4. Well c if this albums worth a shyt with what beats he chooses from hitboy and what batch of alc beats he got that didn’t get fukked because of major label sample clearances

Conway has more rhymes,benny has more bars,if that makes sense.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Well c and hall and nash 2 album of last year even tho created in 2k16. Perfect time to drop it in a mid year. Bennys not better than conway at all but he had the better last album out of all of them which is tt4. Well c if this albums worth a shyt with what beats he chooses from hitboy and what batch of alc beats he got that didn’t get fukked because of major label sample clearances
The alc joints on everybody can't go definitely have samples. So that's dope at least. I'm guessing the hit-boy joints are a mixed bag of samples and no samples.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Benny albums have always been better than Conway. I’ve said this a million times and won’t go down this road again. Is Conway the better rapper? He can fukking spit better than 99% of rappers. But his albums are not good. So that’s my case and I’m sticking to it :russ:

Alchemist :ohlawd:

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Benny albums have always been better than Conway. I’ve said this a million times and won’t go down this road again. Is Conway the better rapper? He can fukking spit better than 99% of rappers. But his albums are not good. So that’s my case and I’m sticking to it :russ:

Alchemist :ohlawd:

From king to a god, reject 2, goat, blakktape, everybody is food part 1, lulu…..

Blakktape and goat are fukken amazing idc what no one says…

Lol not counting the classic group ep/tape/album projects….

U lost it g lol but it’s all good I’m a fan of both & tana talk 3 is top 3 goat griselda album with a couple of others

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
From king to a god, reject 2, goat, blakktape, everybody is food part 1, lulu…..

U lost it g lol but it’s all good I’m a fan of both & tana talk 3 is top 3 goat griselda album with a couple of others
Pre-2018 Conway was super fire. Post 2018 releases have been getting worse & worse :manny:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Facts

Homie is buggin with that wack take, just say you don’t like The Machine. Plus his tapes with Big Ghost and Alchemist are fire

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Benny tt3 and plugs I met are elite

Bop is cool and tt4 is good there’s no way u can say conway has a worst discography doesn’t even make sense real talk bro lol

Plugs I met 2 is mid
Every album Benny has dropped since TT3 is better than every album Conway has released in the same time period. And I really fukk with Plugs I Met 2.

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Every album Benny has dropped since TT3 is better than every album Conway has released in the same time period. And I really fukk with Plugs I Met 2.
From king to a god is better than every Benny album not tt3 get outta here with that. Then u got hall and nash 2, lulu, and the best songs on gdmm that benny couldn’t dream of making. He can’t create something like the cow with pain and emotion on the record. Burden of proof and plugs I met 2 are better than from king to a god lol:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:what a joke. I like bop but u can’t compare albums like that to tt3 or from king to a god. Plugs I met 2 is such a disappointment compared to the first plugs which is a classic. Plugs I met 2 is so mid and has no replay value it sucks. But nice try, realll funny, that’s some real full of it shyt man real talk. Lol

Benny could never do what conways done but conways already done what bennys done and has his own classics. And I don’t want to hear oh Benny has better beat selection or the better alc beats wen con will obliterate and chooses his own monster beats by alc and Daringer…. Don’t forget who started this shyt and this the muthafukken thanks he gets 😂 😂 😂 So stop it g lol and don’t forget that without machine and gunn, benny would be jae hood status if that… and I’m happy it didn’t end up like that because we got one of the goat albums of the 10z which is tt3. he probably wouldn’t even be known and he wouldn’t be making the music we love. He only makes that music because con and west showed him the way and showed em the lane they created. Conway and gunn did the leg work without them Benny wouldn’t be the butcher he is today. That’s y that conway hate is some bullshyt. Benny is ill af but let’s not downplay the monster that is machine. Wen griselda had already put shyt together Benny came in perfectly and delivered with tana talk 3. Wen y think of daringer u think of the machine but also even if ppl like bennys shyt with alc more conways got as many alc bangers as him. Again I love griselda and all 3 of them brought back hip hop to me. After this runs over rap music may literally be done for the most part. It’s gona go back to the early 10s-16/17 where there will be very minimal dope albums if that the whole shyt might just burn down the way it’s going now. I’m just happy I got to witness greatness in real time with gxfr because in the 90s I was just a kid. This was that big magical music moment in a time that’s witnessed. But yea machine is that dude. If I was to say my favorite alc joints by conway and Benny I’m going with broken bottles :banderas: & 94ghost shyt:blessed:

Hall and nash 2 2023 aoty!!!!!! I seriously doubt this Benny albums gona be on that level. Hall and nash 2 was recorded in prime time in 2k16 I seriously fukken doubt this album will be on that level. I really hope it’s dope af so I have some shyt to bump in 2k24. But Gunns saying it’s gona be a big year since shyt like wwcd 2 coming out, lulu 2 :aicmon:which I think is a album and is fully produced by uncle Al (the bro @TheDarceKnight maybe able to tell us if it’s an album or ep) :damn::damn: :damn: & Hall & nash 3 fully produced by daringer and alc :banderas: :damn: :damn: :damn: The last two are real major problems and I’m anticipating them way more than Bennys album and I’m sure a lot of real gxfr heads feel how I feel.

As of right now the most anticipated shyt right now is that hall and nash 3.

Last edited: