Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
You don’t. But that bonus ain't free. Benny still has to recoup that.

Which is why I still don’t understand the Def Jam move for him. He's not a new artist. And Griselda has enough of a following for him to drop indie and not have to kick back most of his bread to a label because they fronted him some money. They're not doing anything that Benny wouldn't have been able to do on his own. But a lot of artists feel like they just want to focus on the music and let the labels cover the business. Problem is, it's mad costly.

Def Jam isn't the Def Jam we know from back in the day anymore. Most of their "black music" department is run by people who don’t even listen to these records. So I don’t understand why an MC would leave his career in the hands of people who aren't even fans of the music they're responsible for pushing and advising on. A lot of rappers just want that first check and figure they can come up with a way to pay it all back down the line. It's rarely a smart move.

which makes me wonder if benny might have blown whatever money he's made thus far and needed a quick bag from def jam with that advance money. his money could have been funny. he wouldn't be the first rapper that's happened to.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
which makes me wonder if benny might have blown whatever money he's made thus far and needed a quick bag from def jam with that advance money. his money could have been funny. he wouldn't be the first rapper that's happened to.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

He's already set with a following under Griselda. Why bother with the debt of inking up with a major, if you already have the infrastructure to do everything on your own? Only answer is, he's willing to take a check today, and just try to figure out how to recoup that down the road.

It's a wild gamble that too many MC's are willing to take.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Are you high? This isn't what I want to happen. Don't name other mid albums to make your point... Settle down and realize what we are saying:

THIS IS NOT A GOOD NOR PLANNED ROLLOUT

It's not us saying it. It's his label SHOWING us, because labels don't waste money doing this. They don't give away half an album if the first songs are doing well. They don't push back albums when they believe they'll do numbers. They don't put you on 5 different promo run tours to generate buzz.

They gotta get their goddamn money back. Y'all want it to be some new wave of promo but it's not. When labels start pushing shyt back and putting out hal the album, you are COOKED

I take no pride in saying that. TBH, why the fukk do I care what it sells? Is it good or not? But that doesn't change that the label don't believe and all this extra shyt is because of that. Drake don't put out 10 singles and 5 pushbacks.. His shyt is a hit the first time
Drake is Drake. His last however many albums been subpar but the numbers will always be sky high. Not a fair comparison. Benny has literally been king of the underground for the past 5 years. I feel as if he wanted to make one final push to get his name really out there & chose the bag Def Jam offered and he is betting on himself because he knows that he is an elite MC & last of a dying breed. I respect it.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Drake is Drake. His last however many albums been subpar but the numbers will always be sky high. Not a fair comparison. Benny has literally been king of the underground for the past 5 years. I feel as if he wanted to make one final push to get his name really out there & chose the bag Def Jam offered and he is betting on himself because he knows that he is an elite MC & last of a dying breed. I respect it.
Your feelings are correct... He's said so himself. What I'm saying is, it's not working and the way the label is moving, is proof. Because if shyt was hitting, this would have been out in 2023 and you'd have heard maybe 3 songs before it did.

This is Benny miscalculating his lane. Big time. He's not a 2024 major label artist. 94, 04, yes... 2014.... Maybe... 2024... Streaming being king and him being damn near 40... He ain't doing those numbers. I'll be shocked if he does Pusha T numbers but Pusha has two number 1 albums under his belt and a #2. Benny wants THAT. THAT ain't coming on an indy label....

And all I'm saying is... When you playing the major label game, they trying to spend the least while making the most... Not give away half your album and spend for extra years while they push it back and make you do shyt over... That's not a good sign breh

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
That's your feelings... And I'm not trying to be a dikkhead.. But Benny feels infinitely different

He doesn't feel he can reach worldwide status with an indie. None of any of Griselda numbers tell you they can move 100k, let alone 500k or 1 million albums. Benny himself said the reason he went to Def Jam was to get that label major push and do bigger numbers than he ever could as an indy

This is Benny miscalculating his lane. Big time. He's not a 2024 major label artist. 94, 04, yes... 2014.... Maybe... 2024... Streaming being king and him being damn near 40... He ain't doing those numbers. I'll be shocked if he does Pusha T numbers but Pusha has two number 1 albums under his belt and a #2. Benny wants THAT. THAT ain't coming on an indy label....

And all I'm saying is... When you playing the major label game, they trying to spend the least while making the most... Not give away half your album and spend for extra years while they push it back and make you do shyt over... That's not a good sign breh
You didn’t say anything I didn’t say :gucci:

I didn’t say because he chose to go major label that it’s gonna work out for him and he’s going to get big streaming numbers. I’m just not giving a shyt either way if the music is fire. Who cares?

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
I feel like disappointments coming I’m hoping not but not like I’ve even been anticipating it much either. Last year griselda had their worst year very easily (besides h&n2) this might be a continuation of the mediocrity and garbage from 2023 so we’ll c… I hope the 4 alchemist beats that he chose are good and didn’t have to get fukked around & changed because of sample clearance atleast. tbh I’d rather just hear alc do all the beats, Benny sounds best with alc and Daringer.

Last edited:

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I feel like disappointments coming I’m hoping not but not like I’ve even been anticipating it much either. Last year griselda had their worst year very easily (besides h&n2) this might be a continuation of the mediocrity and garbage from 2023 so we’ll c… I hope the 4 alchemist beats that he chose are good and didn’t have to get fukked around & changed because of sample clearance atleast. tbh I’d rather just hear alc do all the beats, Benny sounds best with alc and Daringer.
The reason Griselda had a down year is because WSG is a caricature of himself now & Conway keeps dropping mid subpar albums, not to mention Benny not dropping anything last year. Benny has been carrying the flag for years. Heads act like that’s not the case. Benny not dropping last year is the reason for the belief that Griselda had a terrible year. Also: I believe Alchemist has 5 tracks on Everybody Can’t Go.

TMVTL
actually has 3 Alchemist beats on it. Benny has 3 verses to 3 different beats so actually the album is 7 Hit-Boy & 7 Alchemist beats :blessed:

Last edited:

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
1.) Jermanie’s Graduation (Alchemist)

2.) Bron (Hit-Boy)

3.) Big Dog Feat. Lil Wayne (Alchemist)

4.) Everybody Can’t Go Feat. Kyle Banks (Hit-Boy)

5.) TMVTL (Alchemist) (3 different beats)

6.) Back Again Feat. Snoop Dogg (Hit-Boy)

7.) One Foot In Feat. Stove God Cooks (Hit-Boy)

8.) Buffalo Kitchen Club Feat. Armani Caesar (Alchemist)

9.) Pillow Talk & Slander Feat. Jadakiss & Babyface Ray (Hit-Boy)

10.) How To Rap (Hit-Boy)

11.) Griselda Express Feat. WSG & Conway The Machine (Alchemist)

12.) Big Tymers Feat. Peezy (Hit-Boy)

Last edited:

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
The reason Griselda had a down year is because WSG is a caricature of himself now & Conway keeps dropping mid subpar albums, not to mention Benny not dropping anything last year. Benny has been carrying the flag for years. Heads act like that’s not the case. Benny not dropping last year is the reason for the belief that Griselda had a terrible year. Also: I believe Alchemist has 5 tracks on Everybody Can’t Go.
Well c and hall and nash 2 album of last year even tho created in 2k16. Perfect time to drop it in a mid year. Bennys not better than conway at all but he had the better last album out of all of them which is tt4. Well c if this albums worth a shyt with what beats he chooses from hitboy and what batch of alc beats he got that didn’t get fukked because of major label sample clearances