Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Not going back & forth with you on this. I get called a hater for saying Won’t He Do it is a fukking dud album when you can downplay The Plugs I Met 2 to support your argument even thought it’s a million times better than the last few projects Conway put out. Look, I’m just keeping it a buck.
I’ve already said it was griselda worst year last year. That means I say that won’t he do it was trash af. Plugs I met 2 was some mid garbage but still better than won’t he do it. But no way is Benny better than conway. I guess we agree to disagree which is all good everybody got their own opinions nothing wrong with that.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
We will see … this been the longest roll out I can remember of recent
the release date never got moved back once it was set. It's been Jan 26th forever and a day. They just announced it like 90 days out for some reason. There was a tentative August release date way back, but it's been Jan 26th forever.

it drops Friday. It's gonna flop by major label standards lol but it's gonna drop.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
the release date never got moved back once it was set. It's been Jan 26th forever and a day. They just announced it like 90 days out for some reason. There was a tentative August release date way back, but it's been Jan 26th forever.

it drops Friday. It's gonna flop by major label standards lol but it's gonna drop.
Benny finally got his major label deal he seems to have always wanted. Good thing it was a one album deal and now he should be able to get back on track lol

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Majors must be like a rite of passage or notch on your belt for rappers because West was blatantly unhappy with Shady's handling of his album, Conway got delayed like a year and Benny is getting a 2005 rollout. I honestly don't know why they bother lol

Aside from a few interviews like Breakfast Club or whatever, I really don't see what value is being added for their careers

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
That certainly could be the case and has happened quite a bit, including with Gibbs most recently. But I kind of view the Griselda guys differently in the sense that they started gaining "popularity" in or past their prime. A lot of their moves feel like old dudes trying to live out their rap dreams. Signing to Def Jam, signing to Interscope/Shady...those feel like "mama I made it" moves they were dreaming about decades ago. So they just checked that box and signed the contract off that, moreso than any logical reasoning. This is also the only way they'd get the big interviews/promo run, have someone else devise a tour for them, get the hotels lined up etc.
Majors must be like a rite of passage or notch on your belt for rappers because West was blatantly unhappy with Shady's handling of his album, Conway got delayed like a year and Benny is getting a 2005 rollout. I honestly don't know why they bother lol

Aside from a few interviews like Breakfast Club or whatever, I really don't see what value is being added for their careers
More and more I respect a dude like Marciano. Happy to sell his $100 vinyls, and tour europe once every two years.

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
All I give a fukk about is the quality of the Album….. “rollout” or no “rollout” if the album is good IM GOOD. It’s a one off anyways.
People naturally hate change. Even if the business has nothing to do with them.

It's a Benny album produced entirely by Alchemist and Hitboy and they're complaining :dead:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
People naturally hate change. Even if the business has nothing to do with them.

It's a Benny album produced entirely by Alchemist and Hitboy and they're complaining :dead:
Or people want to see him win and discuss when that idea ain't looking good. A fan just don't love the music.. I was happy as fukk when Nipsey started winning after seeing the industry fukk over his talent for a decade

I'd much rather see Griselda do numbers than another Drake album

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I think its either the advance or the promise of stuff like guaranteed licensing for commercials/movies/break tags/ etc. Or it could be that these reviewers and publication sites are all in on payola and the majors set aside a portion of the budget to pay sites like Pitchfork for good reviews. OR the ability to get samples cleared. I've read that sample clearing has become ridiculously expensive since a lot of legacy acts have been selling their publshing for hundreds of millions of dollars and the companies want a return on back on those investments.

Thats really all I can think of. I can understand being young and buying your favorite artist's albums and seeing that Def Jam logo and wanting to be like your heroes but that sheen HAS to have worn off by the time these artists hit their 30's and have been in the game and seen how the business works.

From a larger example, Jay-Z has really shown the blueprint for how artists should move when it comes to label deals and from a smaller example, Nas has DEFINITELY shown how it should be done. Also have to give credit to artists like Curren$y, Boldy James, and OG's like Tech Nine who carved out their own lanes and made GREAT money as their own bosses.