Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
No BS, why are all these artists magically going back to Def Jam all of the sudden? Wale going there was the strangest thing, you'd think he'd go independent at this point
Take the bag & then do as told. It always ends up in compromising an artists ability to organically create the music. Usually comes off forced or corny.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
No BS, why are all these artists magically going back to Def Jam all of the sudden? Wale going there was the strangest thing, you'd think he'd go independent at this point
No lie I think some if it is nerd shyt. Which I get. Some of these artists that grew up listening to certain labels just want to sign to them when it’s their turn. I remember Conway say he leaned towards Shady just because he was a lyricist and a huge Em head back in the day. Def Jam was huge, and I get that certain rapper’s rappers might have a small part of them that is attracted to those labels for those reasons.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Added the single to the OP.

You can wait til tomorrow for this one!
This track supposed to be promotion for Lil Wayne new album? :mjlol: First verse by Benny = weak & hook straight garbage. Wayne murdered Benny on this. At this point it’s like Benny just content with getting abused by top tier MC’s on his singles :heh: J Cole already destroyed him on Johnny P’s Caddy :umad:

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
This track supposed to be promotion for Lil Wayne new album? :mjlol: First verse by Benny = weak & hook straight garbage. Wayne murdered Benny on this. At this point it’s like Benny just content with getting abused by top tier MC’s on his singles :heh: J Cole already destroyed him on Johnny P’s Caddy :umad:

Yup it’s bad all around.

I wonder if this single generates such little buzz that they go back to the drawing board and push the release of the project back further.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yup it’s bad all around.

I wonder if this single generates such little buzz that they go back to the drawing board and push the release of the project back further.
I’m thinking that too. This track will gain zero traction aside from people talking about Wayne’s verse. Scrap this bullshyt and go back to the drawing board. Either that, or treat this like a true “street single” that isn’t even expected to make the album.

I already knew Benny wouldn’t be able to top Johnny P’s Caddy but this is embarrasing.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I'm not in love with the beat but the real issue is the hook. Strangely enough all of the beats on Alcs new EP are way more interesting. Maybe it's just Benny though lol.
I’m not feeling any of the beats on Alc’s EP :huhldup:

Even tho I’m not in love with the beat on Big Dog I think Alc saved some serious heat for Benny’s album.