Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
At least Westside Gunn had a better beat with Wayne on it, I’m not sure what kind of beat is that. Doesn’t even have a good sound to it.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
“Them nikkas that like to buy guns and iced out infinity links, workin the pot, nah that ain’t water, it’s Monster energy drink”

:gucci:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
At least Westside Gunn had a better beat with Wayne on it, I’m not sure what kind of beat is that. Doesn’t even have a good sound to it.

The joint with Wayne and Benny? They took a sample and are looping it in reverse. Kinda like how RZA did on Strokes of Death. It's creative, but it also sounds kind off off-kilter

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
man I played TT3/4 to death.....how this guy lose that steam :francis:
I still think the album's gonna be dope. I really think he just overthought the first single.

Tana 3, Plugs 1, Tana 4, and Burden are all dope as fukk, and I still trust him to deliver a strong album. Plugs 2 is really the only solo joint he's dropped that I didn't love or at least like a whole lot.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I still think the album's gonna be dope. I really think he just overthought the first single.

Tana 3, Plugs 1, Tana 4, and Burden are all dope as fukk, and I still trust him to deliver a strong album. Plugs 2 is really the only solo joint he's dropped that I didn't love or at least like a whole lot.

yea but that was forever ago. after the single with J Cole it shoulda been peddle to the floor. He dropped the ball. at this point I'm not even interested. and he keep doing goofy shyt on social media.

that song was cool 2....idk what he doing.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
The joint with Wayne and Benny? They took a sample and are looping it in reverse. Kinda like how RZA did on Strokes of Death. It's creative, but it also sounds kind off off-kilter

The Ghost song sounds better, I don’t know I can’t get into the new song he dropped. The beat is bland but they’re rapping. I like a balance of both a beat sounding good along with some rapping along side a dope production. Maybe it will grow on me but not really crazy about it right now.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The Ghost song sounds better, I don’t know I can’t get into the new song he dropped. The beat is bland but they’re rapping. I like a balance of both a beat sounding good along with some rapping along side a dope production. Maybe it will grow on me but not really crazy about it right now.
Oh, I definitely like the Ghostface/RZA joint more too. Stroke of Death is classic. Was just saying part of why the Benny/Wayne/Alc sounds weird is the reversed sample. THe other Alc beats dropping tonight on that EP are much doper.

Yeah, this single isn't doing it that much for me right now either. I think Wayne has the better verse, too. the song may grow on me though

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

It’s crazy because I love Plugs 2. That whole vibe on that album was crazy to me. So his run has been unbelievable. I did already think that TT4 was an end of an era tho. Knowing his next album was to be Def Jam & how he would most likely move different or another direction. Can’t say I’m surprised. But like you said, from some of the snippets, I do feel that he should have some really dope deep cuts.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Oh, I definitely like the Ghostface/RZA joint more too. Stroke of Death is classic. Was just saying part of why the Benny/Wayne/Alc sounds weird is the reversed sample. THe other Alc beats dropping tonight on that EP are much doper.

Yeah, this single isn't doing it that much for me right now either. I think Wayne has the better verse, too. the song may grow on me though

Wayne sounds better on it but it’s not helping much for my listening experience. Hope there’s some better songs on this album. Those other albums Benny dropped were good and they had good beats on there. I’m sure it will be like that unless they take a different direction.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Now Benny calling himself The Butchie :mjlol:

I hate to say it but you can tell Benny trying too hard. Def Jam in his ear like “Don’t be humble, be braggadocious etc” Benny was always dope because he would humble brag, real smooth with it. Can’t front he been coming off goofy lately. Like he feeling he has to switch up or something. shyt kinda wack.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Hey Joe ..

Did the Def Jam
album ever come out cause
the release date in these
threads keeps dancing like
Buffalo strippers
Respectfully

Bart Arr

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Now Benny calling himself The Butchie :mjlol:

I hate to say it but you can tell Benny trying too hard. Def Jam in his ear like “Don’t be humble, be braggadocious etc” Benny was always dope because he would humble brag, real smooth with it. Can’t front he been coming off goofy lately. Like he feeling he has to switch up or something. shyt kinda wack.
The Butler gotta relax. He coming off way too corny and try hard just like WSG.

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If it’s just this Wayne feature that he has been teasing for months with no tracklist or release date for the album what an outdated lame ass rollout for a single. It’s not 1998 anymore like when M.O.P. had a commercial on BET for First Family 4 Life album with a clip of 4 Alarm Blaze to hype up the tracks release before the album :mjlol:
fukk Def Jam :mjcry:
No BS, why are all these artists magically going back to Def Jam all of the sudden? Wale going there was the strangest thing, you'd think he'd go independent at this point