Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Dope beat, Benny and Wayne slid on there. But that hook...
:mjlol:
The main reason I’m up in here continuously roasting this hook is just the fact that it’s my biggest pet peeve, a wack ass hook :mjlol: Makes songs unlistenable. Why not just scrap that bullshyt and throw in a 2nd feature in between Benny & Wayne :hhh:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
yea but that was forever ago. after the single with J Cole it shoulda been peddle to the floor. He dropped the ball. at this point I'm not even interested. and he keep doing goofy shyt on social media.

that song was cool 2....idk what he doing.

Benny's problem is he believes he's Jay/50 type status but in reality he's the perfect #2.

so he's chasing hits when he should focus on his strengths.
The J Cole joint was about as commercial as he can go.

the 90s equivalent would be a well respected artist that tops out at gold records

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The main reason I’m up in here continuously roasting this hook is just the fact that it’s my biggest pet peeve, a wack ass hook :mjlol: Makes songs unlistenable. Why not just scrap that bullshyt and throw in a 2nd feature in between Benny & Wayne :hhh:

Maybe someone with the right voice, swag and delivery could have pulled that hook off. But Benny sounds like he's in a hostage situation reciting that shyt.

Mikeatris

Supreme Mathematik
Daps
Reppin
My City
Benny's problem is he believes he's Jay/50 type status but in reality he's the perfect #2.

the 90s equivalent would be a well respected artist that tops out at gold records
That song is hella boring. It is time for Benny to switch up the topic. This isn't the 2000s when selling dope was not as mainstream as it is today and since everyone was found capping with the topic, it has fazed out. He just does nothing for me with his raps anymore.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
That song is hella boring. It is time for Benny to switch up the topic. This isn't the 2000s when selling dope was not as mainstream as it is today and since everyone was found capping with the topic, it has fazed out. He just does nothing for me with his raps anymore.
rappers have always talked about bozo shyt though.

the kids arent talking about selling drugs but they're talking about scamming, crashing out and doing drugs

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Song is not bad but it feels like a b side or a loosie, something hidden in the middle of an Alc compilation.

And yeah the hook is dumb. I think maybe Westside doing the hook would have sounded more natural.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I think the problem for all the Griselda guys is they were never like the 90s guys people claim they're like. Jay, Nas, Biggie etc were coming up with dope hooks from a young age. They had some basic understanding of song structure and had people in their corner (Diddy, Large Pro, Jaz, etc) to help sharpen their shyt. Jay came up with the D'Evils chorus and told DJ Premier exactly how he wanted it to be done. Nas gave the The World Is Yours hook to Pete and told him exactly how to sing it. Biggie started out the most raw when it came to that shyt, but by 1996/1997 he was better than everyone at it.

Fast forward to 1999 and Jay took up that mantle of having the best hooks and memorable/recitable moments in songs. Few years later, 50 was the king of that. But even if we take those types of guys out the picture...Wu had dope hooks. Jeru had hooks. 90s thugged out Fat Joe had hooks lol. Even the Lox had a handful of good hooks. Truth be told these guys would have been reserved to Stretch & Bobbito late night demos if they were around in the 90s.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
lol nikka doubting Benny album …. He has the best disc work out of the other 2….. every release been fire