Belgium and Hawaii declare loot boxes as gambling UPDATE: More States Join In

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It is enough. Big publishers are just greedy and shortsighted as hell. EA,Ubisoft,and ActiBlizzard are NOT broke brehs.

and therein lies a huge problem... their greed is killing gaming...:scust: I knew Mass Effect was over when I was seeing that useless multiplayer bullshyt and that weak ass ending... :pacspit: they destroyed bioware and we the fans got screwed.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
$100 a game?!?! :dahell: fukk that shyt man... Not even triple A titles at launch is WORTH that price point. Y'all really co-signing this bullshyt!? :why: THEY ARE LYING TO YOU!!!!
Breh, I'm not saying that this will be the only thing that gets them in the black.

I'm saying that if people want loot boxes and shyt to not be in their games...why should a developer NOT do it? Because of good will?

Okay, but if that's the case, shareholders are going to be at the board meetings with pitchforks because the company voluntarily gave up a substantial profit stream just off of making gamers smile.

Let's be real... If developers just pushed through and keep putting in lootboxes... The longer the years go on...the less people will publicly complain about it.

Brehs are going to play their games regardless.

So, to give up that profit willingly without a fallback to recoup some bread would be bad business.

-------

Of course as a gamer, I would love no such thing as loot boxes/paid dlc and I want digital ges to cost 30$ on console, etc.

But, if we are being honest, we need to discuss this also from their perspective and why they should not do it.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
$100 a game?!?! :dahell: fukk that shyt man... Not even triple A titles at launch is WORTH that price point. Y'all really co-signing this bullshyt!? :why: THEY ARE LYING TO YOU!!!!
Of course not all games

But there are already $80 versions of games on the market

The Fallout 4 GOTY is like 75

Give ppl the extra content up front

And if they want the the standard, charged the standard 60

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Breh, I'm not saying that this will be the only thing that gets them in the black.

I'm saying that if people want loot boxes and shyt to not be in their games...why should a developer NOT do it? Because of good will?

Okay, but if that's the case, shareholders are going to be at the board meetings with pitchforks because the company voluntarily gave up a substantial profit stream just off of making gamers smile.

Let's be real... If developers just pushed through and keep putting in lootboxes... The longer the years go on...the less people will publicly complain about it.

Brehs are going to play their games regardless.

So, to give up that profit willingly without a fallback to recoup some bread would be bad business.

-------

Of course as a gamer, I would love no such thing as loot boxes/paid dlc and I want digital ges to cost 30$ on console, etc.

But, if we are being honest, we need to discuss this also from their perspective and why they should not do it.

NO ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! these companies make enough money hand over fist to recoup.... THEY ARE LYING TO YOU!!!! :mindblown: I aint paying no more than $60 for any game off the bat whether it has lootboxes inside them or NOT!!! :why: your giving them way too much power & Benefit of the doubt!

You are the customer/consumer if you allow them to keep screwing you over, they will never stop... then Triple AAA titles will go BACK to being $100 off the bat because they want extra money meanwhile what's the guarantee that the game is even WORTH the price point they still got your $100!!! :why:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Tf you even talking bout breh? Of course you're paying that much. You're using a facility with expensive projection technology, surround sound and services that cater to your experience. What kinda comparison is that?

:what:

If games started costing $100 standard than it will be a third of the cost of the console which is absurd. No one will buy the games, period. That's the reason why micro-transactions work so well because it doesn't seem like much of an investment spending a few dollars here and there.

SF2 was 100 bucks 25 years ago and was copped. That shyt would be 170 dollars today.

Before disc media came into play, cats were getting raped on cartridges.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
BTW this loot box shyt is exactly why i fully support piracy...One of the main reasons I am never going back to console gaming...On PC I get the full game and if like it I pay for it...

These publishers are ALWAYS crying about why they need to invade your privacy with DRM and how loot boxes are needed to recoup development costs...

Explain to me how CDPR does it then?

Witcher 3 was released with no DRM on PC or any microtransaction bullshyt...The DLCs were both over 30 hours of new content...Why is this single studio able to do this yet billion dollar juggernauts like EA and T2 need to push nickle and dime schemes?

Pretty obvious if you release a quality product it will sell on all platforms because that's CDPR does...There is no magic to it...Just a quality product...

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
SF2 was 100 bucks 25 years ago and was copped. That shyt would be 170 dollars today.

Before disc media came into play, cats were getting raped on cartridges.
This point right here actually supports my position.

25 years ago...brehs were spending way more than we spend now for a vanilla game - when inflation is taken into account.

In 1997, for N64, Goldeneye cost $50.00.

That is the equivalent of $76.84.

Let's put some shyt in perspective...

THE GAME WAS RELEASED ON A 95 MB cartridge. :pachaha: My parents and many of yall parents bout that game for what would be $75 today.

Let's stop acting like there aren't the option to buy cheaper indie games. But if we are going to want Triple AAA games that have the quality control we expect right out the box...expect upwards of $75+ for 50GB-75GB of content.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
60 per game is actually not enough for triple AAA production titles nowadays unless it sells really well, which lets be honest only a 8 or so a year do.
Reggie said it best

829.jpg

If $60 a game + whatever DLC a customer feels is worth buying can't cover the cost of your budget, you need to fall back a little bit. I'm not paying extra because devs are bad with money

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Rocket League is next lmao. I was addicted to that shyt

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Government overreach. There should be more of a connection between the cost of development to the cost of an individual game, though.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
This point right here actually supports my position.

25 years ago...brehs were spending way more than we spend now for a vanilla game - when inflation is taken into account.

In 1997, for N64, Goldeneye cost $50.00.

That is the equivalent of $76.84.

Let's put some shyt in perspective...

THE GAME WAS RELEASED ON A 95 MB cartridge. :pachaha: My parents and many of yall parents bout that game for what would be $75 today.

Let's stop acting like there aren't the option to buy cheaper indie games. But if we are going to want Triple AAA games that have the quality control we expect right out the box...expect upwards of $75+ for 50GB-75GB of content.
What AAA game released by EA or T2 have this "quality out of the box" you speak of? Rockstar doesn't count for T2 because as I stated earlier, Rockstar runs their own show...

90% of what EA and T2 release is rushed and half assed products to be completed with patches...In other words they deliberately use paying customers as QA testers...

And you want to pay them more?:dahell:

If you want more money, how bout you start by releasing finished products?