Before Hollywood Does It.... What Movie Would You Remake or Reboot?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
A new dikk Tracy
staring Josh Brolin and Leo could do numbers

A new Beverly Hills Cop
staring Eddy Murphy as ageing Axel Foley on the fringe of retirement but put with a new cocky& hot head partner Kevin heart :yeshrug:

A Super Mario film done as animated film I think there could be big money in Nintendo franchises especially if it led to Smash Brothers motion picture.
BHC yes, but no Kevin Hart. Anyone but him.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Enemy Mine has a simple premise that could be spruced up on.

Flight of the Navigator would be dope today :leon:

Oh shyt, D.A.R.Y.L. would be dope as fukk, too! :mindblown:

War Games... :wow:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
An Enemy of the State remake with an Edward Snowden type protagonist.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You forgot one thing he does: make dope movies

I dunno about that anymore breh, Zodiac happened eight years ago. :patrice:

Anyway,

not a movie but a tv-show but I'd remake Hill Street Blues as a movie set in present day, following multiple people working in (or coming to) an undermanned police precinct at the height of racial tension following the shooting of a black kid. So the commissioner and the mayor are trying to deal with all that but at the same time they still have ongoing investigations, arrestees that need to be taken into questioning with lawyers, probation officers, social workers and internal affairs all over the floor, etc. etc.

And I'd remake Daybreakers, the "what if vampires become the dominant species" movie by the brothers who also did Predestination, but this time we'd actually do something good and interesting with the concept.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I dunno about that anymore breh, Zodiac happened eight years ago. :patrice:

Anyway,

not a movie but a tv-show but I'd remake Hill Street Blues as a movie set in present day, following multiple people working in (or coming to) an undermanned police precinct at the height of racial tension following the shooting of a black kid. So the commissioner and the mayor are trying to deal with all that but at the same time they still have ongoing investigations, arrestees that need to be taken into questioning with lawyers, probation officers, social workers and internal affairs all over the floor, etc. etc.

And I'd remake Daybreakers, the "what if vampires become the dominant species" movie by the brothers who also did Predestination, but this time we'd actually do something good and interesting with the concept.

I vouch for social network and gone girl any day of the week. Girl with the dragon tattoo didn't work for me tho but other than that one, he's yet to disappoint

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I vouch for social network and gone girl any day of the week. Girl with the dragon tattoo didn't work for me tho but other than that one, he's yet to disappoint

Oh, he remains an interesting director for sure but neither of the movies you mention hold up at all. Zodiac is his last great flick.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
My reboot pitch:

Home Alone: Lost In Compton

A black family is sending their rebellious teen son to military camp for the summer to get him back on the right path after he is arrested for a misdemeanor. After some confusion at the bus station, he gets on the wrong bus and ends up going to Compton and is mistaken for a gang member returning from youth prison. He ends up playing the role to avoid going to boot camp and ends up learning the real street life. At the end, he realizes that he doesn't wanna be a hard core thug and goes home with a new perspective on life.

you sound like one of those whacked out producers on coke :laff: