Before Hollywood Does It.... What Movie Would You Remake or Reboot?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
There aren't too many movies that I would want to see remade or rebooted. I do think that their are movies with worlds and mythology that needs to be further explored. Let me think

Blank Check - it would be interesting to see it in modern setting with the social media age
CB4/Fear of a Black Hat - someone needs to spoof today's rap industry, intelligently
Iron Eagle
Top Gun
The Toy
The Last Airbender -do it right
Shane
The Invisible Man - it's about time for a new one

A-Team and Get Smart need sequels...and Rock 'N Rolla

TV
Quantum Leap needs a reboot
Gargoyles needs to continue Greg's plan
Ghostwriter - the All New Ghostwriter doesn't count
Zoobilee Zoo
Bionic Woman/Six Million Dollar Man - are they ever gonna get these things off the ground again. The last Bionic Woman made it like 5eps

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
The crying game with Bruce oh I'm sorry Caitlin Jenner :troll:

Seriously, took the words RIGHT off my fingertips... :snoop:

I'd cast Shia LeBeouf as the lead and an extremely passable trans-woman with acting chops or throw a baby-face actor a bunch of bread to play that role, ideally the former though so you don't get the LGBT folks trying to boycott for it not being authentic.

Get David Fincher to direct it and the shyt would get Academy Award noms and think-pieces galore. :win:

Other movies:

"Indecent Proposal" with Idris Elba as Robert Redford's character, Emma Watson or Alexandra Daddario in Demi Moore's role, and someone sympathetic like Miles Teller in Woody's role. The whole race thing would be a good spin, and might make it interesting.

"Strangers on a Train"
: One older, eccentric actor for the villain (Robert Downey, Jr., Christian Bale, or Denzel) with a younger, sympathetic actor like Logan Lerman or Michael B. Jordan as the other guy.

"Kids": There'd be herpes, a false rape accusation, a young couple w/ a case of domestic violence against a pregnant teen after she decides against an abortion, racism, the works. :whew:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Cannonball Run.

You could have updated list of stars with their movie cars. Of course Dom from FF. Bond, a nfl qb who can take Terry Bradshaws place.... Romo. Lol. He has the right douchebaggery element. Other assorted stars and atheletes. Could even bring back Jackie Chan to play the Japanese guy with a Suburu hatchback :mjlol:

Who would play JJ and Captain Chaos:ohhh:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Seriously, took the words RIGHT off my fingertips... :snoop:

I'd cast Shia LeBeouf as the lead and an extremely passable trans-woman with acting chops or throw a baby-face actor a bunch of bread to play that role, ideally the former though so you don't get the LGBT folks trying to boycott for it not being authentic.

Get David Fincher to direct it and the shyt would get Academy Award noms and think-pieces galore. :win:

Other movies:

"Indecent Proposal" with Idris Elba as Robert Redford's character, Emma Watson or Alexandra Daddario in Demi Moore's role, and someone sympathetic like Miles Teller in Woody's role. The whole race thing would be a good spin, and might make it interesting.

"Strangers on a Train"
: One older, eccentric actor for the villain (Robert Downey, Jr., Christian Bale, or Denzel) with a younger, sympathetic actor like Logan Lerman or Michael B. Jordan as the other guy.

"Kids": There'd be herpes, a false rape accusation, a young couple w/ a case of domestic violence against a pregnant teen after she decides against an abortion, racism, the works. :whew:

Fincher is already remaking strangers on a train cuz the man cant do anything that's not a remake or an adaptation

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
the 5th Element is a perfect movie. still looks good too

They Live is the shyttiest looking kind of good movie, so i always pick that. I'd watch a new Running Man too. I know that has basically become a genre with bullshyt like Hunger Games, but i'd want it to be exactly like the original to a T, just updated

I like They Live and that could really work. I think a remake would lose the deeper meaning the original has tho.

Trying to remake The Warriors... shyt wouldn't work. Truly a movie of it's time.

Would like to see Subspecies rebooted. Surprised Full Moon never brought it back.
Hell also another Night of the Demons remake/reboot. The one from a few years ago was trash.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I think in capable hands, Stephen King's The Stand could be an epic film (instead of a mini-series). Same with Ender's Game. I also feel like the His Dark Materials series could be Lord of the Rings status with a more competent director. I really don't think The Golden Compass is a bad movie, but it could have been so much better.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
There aren't too many movies that I would want to see remade or rebooted. I do think that their are movies with worlds and mythology that needs to be further explored. Let me think

Blank Check - it would be interesting to see it in modern setting with the social media age

TV

Ghostwriter - the All New Ghostwriter doesn't count
:wow:Disney needs to do both of those. Blank Check could star a black kid from the hood this time.