Daps
Weezy aint got no worries
R5N5aJD.png

coose

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The Archives
Basically you can feel what you want about the line but your opinion (mine included) doesn't matter.......

Airickca Gordon-Taylor, the Estate Heir & Founding Director of the Mamie Till Mobley Memorial Foundation wants Wayne to apologize for the lyrics.

"It was a heinous murder," Gordon-Taylor told the Associated Press Thursday from Chicago. "He was brutally beaten and tortured, and he was shot, wrapped in barbed wire and tossed in the Tallahatchie River. The images that we're fortunate to have (of his open casket) that 'Jet' published, they demonstrate the ugliness of racism. So to compare a woman's anatomy — the gateway of life — to the ugly face of death, it just destroyed me. And then I had to call the elders in my family and explain to them before they heard it from some another source.

"Once he got the point he realized this was beyond the zone and he immediately pulled it," Jackson said. "And he talked with both artists, who agreed."

Gordon-Taylor said the lyrics were devastating to her family. Simeon Wright, Till's cousin who shared a bed with his relative the night he was taken by the killers, heard the lyric for the first time Wednesday night.

"And he said the Ku Klux Klan would be very proud of Lil Wayne," Gordon-Taylor said. "And as tough a man as he is, I could see the hurt and the anger in his eyes. It just demonstrates to our family just how lost are our youth."

"We want artists who have considerable power to use their power to uplift and redirect," Jackson added. "It's not a matter of free speech, it's also speech that matters. ... These artists have culturally transforming power. Either they hurt or they help."

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Wayne should lose $3 million off of that line alone and makes sure that he never c00ns again.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The line was so insensitive of the cultural impact, but it was also a disgusting visual.

Why would you want to a fukk a girl to the point she looked like that? Its disgusting.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The line was so insensitive of the cultural impact, but it was also a disgusting visual.

Why would you want to a fukk a girl to the point she looked like that? Its disgusting.

cause yoou love p*ssy than your dignity as a black man :troll:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
"And he said the Ku Klux Klan would be very proud of Lil Wayne," Gordon-Taylor said. "And as tough a man as he is, I could see the hurt and the anger in his eyes. It just demonstrates to our family just how lost are our youth."

"We want artists who have considerable power to use their power to uplift and redirect," Jackson added. "It's not a matter of free speech, it's also speech that matters. ... These artists have culturally transforming power. Either they hurt or they help."

damn

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I would be embarrassed to have Lil Wayne as a father.

What a failure of a man. I feel sorry for his kids

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Wayne is a c00n but this is an example of the self hate that runs rampant within our community. It takes a line like this to get some black people to finally call him out but Wayne should have been called out. The fact that he has black female fans is sad because he straight up dogs them in his music. He has countless lines that imply that light skinned black women are superior to darker skinned women. Songs like kush & alcohol are blatantly disrespectful to women(black women especially) yet they eat the shyt up and can't get enough. Black women have no self esteem. c00ning is actually what's hot right now, it's become more than acceptable. Black people are literally starting to hate being black.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
I would be embarrassed to have Lil Wayne as a father.

What a failure of a man. I feel sorry for his kids

lol @ this furious cac

if the biggest rapper on the planet is a failure, what would you call a broke cornball fakkit who prides himself on simping Nas on the internet?

wayne just signed his daughter to YMCMB...meanwhile your scumbag coward hero nas just exploited his daughter with a shytty song to go to the grammy's and lose every award, and he aint even take her.

so when you get done feeling sorry for wayne and his family, why don't you pull one of the hundreds of condoms out of Destiny's slut drawer, put it on a traffic cone and sit on it