Be honest, do you think Microsoft will make another console?

Do you think Microsoft will make another console?

• Yes, of course

• Yes, but it won’t be a traditional console

• Naw, they’re cooked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I didn’t really pay a lot of attention to when sega was dying. To me it just sort of happened, one day i had a dreamcast the next minute i remember sega being like, “yeah, we out the console game” and it was like wow. You just never really thought sega could up and leave.

Watching this slowly happen in real time has been an experience

I don’t think it should be a surprise if one day xbox just announce they are done

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Only for them ( and y'all) to turn around when the next system is released and be like

"This is exactly what the Xbox needed to make their mark"

:mjlol:

You almost had it because thats exactly what they’ll do.

Xbox stans are caught in a loop of two generations of abuse :mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If Sony can bounce back from PS3, Microsoft can bounce back from this

giphy.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Sony bounced back in the same generation not 2+ later, meanwhile they were still selling a shytload of ps2’s and psp’s :mjlol:

Xbox hardware been dead for 2 1/2 gens now

Last edited:

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
I didn’t really pay a lot of attention to when sega was dying. To me it just sort of happened, one day i had a dreamcast the next minute i remember sega being like, “yeah, we out the console game” and it was like wow. You just never really thought sega could up and leave.

Watching this slowly happen in real time has been an experience

I don’t think it should be a surprise if one day xbox just announce they are done

:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sony needed their hardware to work. Microsoft is heavily invested in making games on other platforms and Microsoft’s CEO and CFO seem to want to further that. Xbox CEO seems to want to keep investing in their own hardware. With that power struggle at the top I’m not so sure they care enough to work out their hardware issues.

I’m honestly shocked the same Nadella that said he regrets killing off Windows phone is kneecaping Xbox hardware like this.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony needed their hardware to work. Microsoft is heavily invested in making games on other platforms and Microsoft’s CEO and CFO seem to want to further that. Xbox CEO seems to want to keep investing in their own hardware. With that power struggle at the top I’m not so sure they care enough to work out their hardware issues.

I’m honestly shocked the same Nadella that said he regrets killing off Windows phone is kneecaping Xbox hardware like this.

What’s surprising about a CEO wanting to make money after spending 75 billion dollars? This is the second generation in a row where hardware numbers are greatly falling, even before the push to pc and other platforms xbox was selling horribly. They definitely have never sold well enough to sustain two major gaming mergers..

Xbox stans were naive to think the console was the focus after buying ABK. Like i said earlier in the year, this is what happens when a smaller company acquires a much larger more successful company (through other means) it eventually devours the smaller less successful company. The big dawgs at xbox are going to want the division run like ABK not how xbox has been run.

I think eventually they’re gonna realize all those studios phil bought pre-ABK/Zenimx are kind of worthless to them. They get the same uptick in subscribers through 3rd party games as they do from their own studios, more even. I wouldn’t be surprised if something like Persona Reload got them more subscriptions than Hellblade 2, and one cost them far less.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I mean there's always nintendo...:mjgrin: so its not a complete monopoly...

besides xbox did this to THEMSELVES!!!! every action they took to destroy the gaming marketshare with buying tons of 3rd party companies to cripple Sony has backfired like a roadrunner cartoon...:mjlol:
Phil

icegif-1575.gif

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

Apples and oranges comparison but I get the point you're trying to get at.

The mobile market exploded in volume between the introduction of Windows Phone and the present. Even with a 2-3% market cap, it would have been financially justifiable endeavor to produce a Windows Phone. Especially when you look at what Apple and Google have both done blurring the lines between their mobile and desktop OSs to strengthen their grip within their respective "eco systems". Nadella could have done the same with Windows ultimately and further leveraged the strong hold they have in the desktop market. That's why he regrets getting out of the mobile space early on.

Xbox has peaked for the remainder of this generation, there is no upside - just maintaining as much of the current user base as possible. Operationally, the Xbox team is going to have to do more with what they currently have after multiple large acquisitions. From a business standpoint, their focus should be on the future of the Xbox brand, whatever that's going to look like right now.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What’s surprising about a CEO wanting to make money after spending 75 billion dollars? This is the second generation in a row where hardware numbers are greatly falling, even before the push to pc and other platforms xbox was selling horribly. They definitely have never sold well enough to sustain two major gaming mergers..

Xbox stans were naive to think the console was the focus after buying ABK. Like i said earlier in the year, this is what happens when a smaller company acquires a much larger more successful company (through other means) it eventually devours the smaller less successful company. The big dawgs at xbox are going to want the division run like ABK not how xbox has been run.

I think eventually they’re gonna realize all those studios phil bought pre-ABK/Zenimx are kind of worthless to them. They get the same uptick in subscribers through 3rd party games as they do from their own studios, more even. I wouldn’t be surprised if something like Persona Reload got them more subscriptions than Hellblade 2, and one cost them far less.
What’s surprising is he doesn't seem interested in fighting to further his own platform. There’s a difference between being on Android and iOS vs having your own platform you own, you make the rules for, and you control. Same with being on Sony and Nintendo’s platforms vs their own.

They can’t even begin to sell Xbox if they don’t create reasons for people to want to buy it. If they continue putting all their games on any platform that will have them then people will just buy Xbox games on platforms they already own.

He can admit he gave up on Windows Mobile too early and is upset he has to play by Google and Apples rules and give them 30% or more on their app stores but he’s moving Xbox in a direction that will repeat those mistakes in gaming.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Xbox has peaked for the remainder of this generation, there is no upside - just maintaining as much of the current user base as possible. Operationally, the Xbox team is going to have to do more with what they currently have after multiple large acquisitions. From a business standpoint, their focus should be on the future of the Xbox brand, whatever that's going to look like right now.

Yep. We’re at the half way point in the generation where every console platform is naturally going see diminishing returns, this is usually the point where hardware gets cheaper to offset less people buying them, which let them do price drops. Thats not happening anymore so both consoles are going to fall more, thats why the pro model is important for sony it gives the ps5 a bit of life for the day one adopters or people holding out.

It’s also why despite xbox not doing a pro model they are releasing more expensive hardware, to get a sales boost at the midpoint to mimic last gens xbox one x sales.

its also why theres a bunch of rumors that they are gonna cut their generation short and do something in 2026 because they are going to continue to lose marketshare if they keep the series consoles on the market another 4 years.

Switch 2 is probably going to kill the series S sales