Be honest, do you think Microsoft will make another console?

Do you think Microsoft will make another console?

• Yes, of course

• Yes, but it won’t be a traditional console

• Naw, they’re cooked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:Microsoft literally owns the most profitable IPs of all time. They aren't losing shyt.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Why do people condone the lack of competition on Sony? You really want $1200 consoles?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
They’re gonna do what Google did with the Stadia, which I don’t mind because I liked the fact I could play any of my games anywhere on my MacBook. The only issue with Stadia was they didn’t acquire enough big name title games to make the platform more appealing to everyone.

You can’t tell me you wouldn’t pay $50 dollars for a controller and (and this was like 4 years ago, now you don’t even need this last piece) $50 for a chromecast just so you can play all the latest games.

Technically, it was a feat that should have be replicated by the industry as it made gaming accessible to everyone.

Really, the only reason I do mess with Xbox is because of the cloud gaming. After stadia, I tried steam for a second and Nvidia but those platforms just seemed disjointed when it came to playing games you brought.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
DSC_5459sm_678x452.jpg

I miss my Windows phone :to:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Nah they’re done with HW which never made sense for them anyways…They’ll still make controllers and peripherals but that’s it…That doesn’t mean MS is exiting from the gaming business…Streaming is the future of the industry and they’re beating SONY to the ball…

They have the catalogue and infrastructure to make the streaming shyt work…Stadia didn’t have the catalogue they were begging publishers for games and paying them a premium…It was also ahead of it time, most didn’t have good internet access which made latency an issue…

Tair

Superstar
Daps
They should focus on Gamepass for PC, and supporting their current Xbox systems. As far as creating another system? No.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Reports from their quarterly results came in. Their hardware has been crashing multiple quarters now, like end of generation numbers thats you only see after a new console gets launched.

They had a 31% decline in hardware revenue last quarter also.

The CFO also said that they are trying to transition to be more of a games a subscription Service business.

They also expect more declines this current quarter.

Mind you, they had their highest drop in hardware sales in the June where they had “their best showcase ever”, what would it take to save their hardware business? The only thing generating revenue for the gaming division at the moment is ABK. Otherwise they are in the red on all other gaming segments

So I don't know what you'll been talking about but I'll give the skinny...

Xbox passed on a mid gen refresh because they are making their next console which will release in less than 1 1/2 years.

Now I've preached for close to two decades what Microsoft was about. A game service like how Sega had with Comcast and they tried that route during the Xbox one era but the cable companies buckled at the idea.

Gamepass exist because of that. I also pointed out that Gamepass ultimate can be played anywhere. So what's stopping anyone from using Gamepass PC on the go? And if that's possible then why not PC on console :leon:

PC on console can be the Swiss Army knife Microsoft wants to be. PS+ is on PC. WHEN PC IS ON XBOX THEN ESSENTIALLY SO IS SONY. NINTENDO PC WILL EVENTUALLY BE A THING BUT NOT AT LAUNCH

As for hardware sales, that's a universal thing. Not an Xbox exclusive :stop: but only Xbox has a cloud solution making consoles obsolete once speeds reach which they have. Here's Destin yesterday talking about how it's lag free for him now

So everything I'm saying about Xbox/PC+Sony
Sony telling you they are deepening their relationship with Microsoft

There's literally nothing left to see here, Sony is dead. NOT FUTURE PROOF. Why would I buy a PS6 if I can just stream from my TVs app?
You use that logic to say why buy an Xbox. Why buy anything if you can stream it? Netflix says hi. I was going to go to the movies to watch the new my spy movie with my daughter. It's on Amazon prime. So that's how we're going to consume it later. Same logic will apply to games regardless of what you guys say here. Sorry :manny:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i'm actually more curious to see if Apple will be stepping into the console gaming world this year, i keep seeing youtube videos with people expecting that to be the next big reveal at the wwdc24

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i'm actually more curious to see if Apple will be stepping into the console gaming world this year, i keep seeing youtube videos with people expecting that to be the next big reveal at the wwdc24

I don’t think so, Apple Arcade has gone to absolute shyt over the last couple of years. I think they’re content with their App Store earnings