Be honest, do you think Microsoft will make another console?

Do you think Microsoft will make another console?

• Yes, of course

• Yes, but it won’t be a traditional console

• Naw, they’re cooked

Results are only viewable after voting.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I don't understand this narrative that microsoft has to outsell Sony or get out of the market. They sell enough consoles to justify the existence of Xbox.
In theory, I'd agree with you but when I'm watching companies actively skip the Xbox for release of some of their games, combined with Microsoft not having enough appeal on their games to get people to get an Xbox, what is their real recourse? They have games day and date on other platforms. Their strategy is set up to be the biggest publisher in gaming, which is fine. Their strategy is not set up for a person to exclusively play on an Xbox and have access to the largest pool of games. That last part is the issue.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
just need games, nobody has a problem with the console. but the content.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
For the sake of console wars, they should exit gracefully to let these fukking weirdos to stop caping for these devices.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I'll
In theory, I'd agree with you but when I'm watching companies actively skip the Xbox for release of some of their games, combined with Microsoft not having enough appeal on their games to get people to get an Xbox, what is their real recourse? They have games day and date on other platforms. Their strategy is set up to be the biggest publisher in gaming, which is fine. Their strategy is not set up for a person to exclusively play on an Xbox and have access to the largest pool of games. That last part is the issue.
I think Microsoft as a whole sees revenue whether you buy a new machine with a windows license, buy an Xbox, or merely subscribe to game pass.

Post acquisition they really need to work on their game store,/launcher if their goal is to compete in the steam space in addition to game pass.

But if steam is making hardware there's no reason to believe Microsoft will stop.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Very few games skipping xbox, and the ones that do are usually very small titles.

In fact it’s the other way around where xbox is getting big titles it missed out on before like Yakuza, Final fantasy, Street fighter, etc.

Most of the doom and gloom about xbox is just online stuff.

Xbox is selling pretty much the same as it always has considering the decline of the console market.

There’s still more than enough of them in homes to warrant their existence. Series S got a huge bump with college football. GTA will be another one.

As always reality is a bit different than these forum convos would have you believe.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
And there's a reason why Amazon with their Kindles and fire sticks are a bigger company.

You thought that through as well as blockbuster and Redbox. :umad:
Amazon wasn't a streaming first company, nor were/are they trying to be the biggest streaming company. That shyt is a sidebet for them. Your rebuttal is moot.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Very few games skipping xbox, and the ones that do are usually very small titles.

In fact it’s the other way around where xbox is getting big titles it missed out on before like Yakuza, Final fantasy, Street fighter, etc.

Most of the doom and gloom about xbox is just online stuff.

Xbox is selling pretty much the same as it always has considering the decline of the console market.

There’s still more than enough of them in homes to warrant their existence. Series S got a huge bump with college football. GTA will be another one.

As always reality is a bit different than these forum convos would have you believe.
The decline of the console market is literally all on them not doing their part. They're the only ones with the heavy defecit comparative to their own previous generations.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
M$ will do at least one more to truly see if they can lean on that ABK warchest for a full generation, but the results of that will make or break the brand

Ultimately tho if you’re looking from a business lens, execs are probably looking to have Xbox ran more like Activision/Blizzard overall and don’t be surprised if you see someone from ABK take the reigns at some point

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I think Microsoft tries ONE more time. But they have to go all out on this one. They don't have to 'win' per se. But they need to at least re establish what made them great in XBox and 360 eras.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I think Microsoft tries ONE more time. But they have to go all out on this one. They don't have to 'win' per se. But they need to at least re establish what made them great in XBox and 360 eras.

I think if they pillar it with full BC and actually manage good first party games instead of deadline-chasing thrift development they can turn it around. :yeshrug:

But they're going to go all in on forcing subscriptions instead as their "lantern in the dark". :lolbron:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
M$ will do at least one more to truly see if they can lean on that ABK warchest for a full generation, but the results of that will make or break the brand

Ultimately tho if you’re looking from a business lens, execs are probably looking to have Xbox ran more like Activision/Blizzard overall and don’t be surprised if you see someone from ABK take the reigns at some point
Yup, they need to clean house