Be honest brehs, did you think The Last of Us would be such a big hit?

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Let's see.

1.The game has a massive fan base that never shuts up about how great the story is and the cinematic presentation is revolutionary.

2.The game is essentially about Zombies
Call em what you want "clickers, walkers, deadheads" etc it's still zombies.... which are always $$ no matter what.... seriously you really have to try and fail to make a decent zombie show/movie

3. Got a really good actor who is super popular and has the respect of fans and peers as the films lead

Based on those 3 things listed ...No....I'm not surprised this show is a hit at all :pachaha:

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
The country's been primed for it consistently for over a century. Of course it will do numbers.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Let's see.

1.The game has a massive fan base that never shuts up about how great the story is and the cinematic presentation is revolutionary.

2.The game is essentially about Zombies
Call em what you want "clickers, walkers, deadheads" etc it's still zombies.... which are always $$ no matter what.... seriously you really have to try and fail to make a decent zombie show/movie

3. Got a really good actor who is super popular and has the respect of fans and peers as the films lead

Based on those 3 things listed ...No....I'm not surprised this show is a hit at all :pachaha:

How many zombie shows outside of walking dead were actually really popular?

437-A0-A80-17-C9-4-A79-A9-F0-61-ACBD8-E2770.jpg

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
How many zombie shows outside of walking dead were actually really popular?

437-A0-A80-17-C9-4-A79-A9-F0-61-ACBD8-E2770.jpg
But look at all them mfs tho!! That's my point....
Zombies are red hot to the masses and always gonna get đź‘€ on them....all you gotta do as a creative is not fumble it and drop something halfway decent.

shyt like iZombie had a goddamn dead walker as the lead character and lasted 5 seasons :mjlol:

If you build it, they will come.....the "it" being zombies

All you gotta do is make it decent

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Heard a critic say that episode 1-3 are aite but episode 4 might be the best episode of television of 2023 even tho it's just January...

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I didn't have a doubt. Of course I knew it was 50/50 chance that it could be trash. That's just being realistic. But with everyone behind it, and that it would be on HBO, I was heavily leaning towards the 50% that it would be a major hit.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Yes, and I hope this opens the floodgates to more video game adaptations. There's a lot of games with interesting/quality stories that would make great shows/movies.

And I still want someone to make a proper Resident Evil. :birdman:

I just want a well done Street Fighter show, don’t need all the characters just finish season 1 with Sagat getting his chest wet up….

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Im gonna be honest. I have enjoyed the show so far. But how long can they keep up this dialogue of tip toeing around this abandoned city before it gets too repetitive?

Eventually they have to open up and stray away from the games story