Be honest brehs, did you think The Last of Us would be such a big hit?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Filler episode :dame:

The internet says it's the best episode so far

Literally took one of the least important details of the entire game and made a show around it.

When they get to the second game... :picard:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Filler episode :dame:

The internet says it's the best episode so far

Literally took one of the least important details of the entire game and made a show around it.

When they get to the second game... :picard:

And what important details of the game were left out?

You do realize the games have about 5 hours of story, max. Right?

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I've yet to watch the show, but I finally bought and beat part 1 and playing part 2 now.

This is tailor made for a dope ass show and I understand why folk love it now. They aint had to do Joel like that man...that ugly brolic lookin bytch :mjcry:

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Once I saw Pedro as Joel I knew it was a W. Dude doesn’t miss on the TV series

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
And what important details of the game were left out?

You do realize the games have about 5 hours of story, max. Right?

This is a valid point but I would liked to have seen the banter between Bill and Ellie in live action.

I would have loved to see Joel killing raiders while hanging upside down, caught in one of Bill's traps.

And I may be misremembering but ppl are saying Bill's town had the school gym and the bloater. I'll be disappointed if we don't get to see one.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is a valid point but I would liked to have seen the banter between Bill and Ellie in live action.

I would have loved to see Joel killing raiders while hanging upside down, caught in one of Bill's traps.

And I may be misremembering but ppl are saying Bill's town had the school gym and the bloater. I'll be disappointed if we don't get to see one.

They’ve already shown a bloater in the previews, and we see joel with a rife in the hospital, we getting all that shyt. We might get it next week, but the entire show can’t be like the game.

Thats what the walking dead is, standard zombie apocalypse where they spend 15 minutes per episode killing zombies. Naughty Dog always make games about characters, its not bout the plot. The plots to the games are simple, its the characters that make it interesting

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
They’ve already shown a bloater in the previews, and we see joel with a rife in the hospital, we getting all that shyt. We might get it next week, but the entire show can’t be like the game.

Thats what the walking dead is, standard zombie apocalypse where they spend 15 minutes per episode killing zombies. Naughty Dog always make games about characters, its not bout the plot. The plots to the games are simple, its the characters that make it interesting

Its like you didn't even read what I wrote. I don't know what you mean by "we're getting all that shyt" if we're not getting any interaction between Ellie, Joel and Bill. I'm not asking for every episode to have zombie fighting. My only point was there was some great content in the game that I think could have been expressed better than a suicide note at the end of the episode.

What I loved about TLOU and Uncharted was the set pieces, gameplay and the story/journey. You grow to like the side characters because of their interaction with Joel/Drake over time. Outside of Sully/Ellie, the other characters in those games are mostly forgetable. You think the average gamer could recall and name side characters or main villians in Uncharted 1-4? I doubt it, but they probably remember climbing train seats, or escaping a sinking ship, or jumping from a plane and wandering the desert.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
I thought if it was a faithful adaptation it would. The story is legit good...though Part 2 is questionable

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
HBO has always been the Playstation of TV.

They invest big in their projects, it makes sense that the two aligning would result is something big

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Yes i did. But im speaking on The casual viewers who never played. Or do u really think all 5million+ viewers played the damn game? Lol

Even so, playing in this environment vs watching it is totally different
as of 2019 the game sold over 20 million coppies...so yes, 5million plus played the damn game