BBL Drizzy called his mummy on me, aww - Rozay

Feed-Me

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:

Beyonce is better because she is immensely more talented in every aspect of artistry and that is reflected in both of their music. Ditto for why Kendrick is better than Drake.

Why are you acting as if an award decided by a committee of uppity cacs is gospel? Even worse, why are you shaming others who don't subscribe to that BS? If you wanna think that Macklemore dropped a better album than GKMC and Take Care because he won a Grammy go ahead but don't act like it's truly an objective measure of quality.

Facts. Nikka must think evanescence released a better album than grodt

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm not asking you about her songs. I'm asking you who is a better singer/artist. You know the answer to this, but you're purposely being obtuse to avoid falling into my point. I'm sure you heard Taylor even in a mall singing a note before nikka. You think she's soulfully belting out high notes? Lmao

and the entire world? The entire world believes in religion still. The entire (or half) world believes Trump is a valid Candidate. The entire world eats McDonalds like hot cakes, the entire world is mostly fat and hates working out. fukk them lol They'll listen to who is MARKETED to them the most. Hence why McDonalds is popular. Why iPhones are #1. Etc.

So yes I'd rather listen to who is knowledgeable about music rather than teenagers, dumb nikkas, and girls. And I'm not even saying that the Grammys are the end all be all. But it's definately not sales for the reasons I already listed.

If I heard it I didn't know it was a Taylor Swift song.
Discount popular opinion all you want but I think that's what democracy is based off of. lol Do you believe in democracy or should a select group of elites pick out leaders because "they know best"?
The way of thinking you are proposing is pretty elitist and not how I think about these topics. Sorry.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I've heard half of Wayne's catalog and listened to Drake's debut. Other than his radio songs and dis records I don't know any Drake. Being number 1 on some fictional list doesn't move me.
I mean No. 1 rapper in the game. Most popular. Biggest numbers. Best bars. Etc.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Discount popular opinion all you want but I think that's what democracy is based off of. lol Do you believe in democracy or should a select group of elites pick out leaders because "they know best"?
The way of thinking you are proposing is pretty elitist and not how I think about these topics. Sorry.
So once again, is McDonalds sales representative of their quality as a burger producer. It's really that simple.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Also, it's not that the grammys "know best" it's just it's a more artistically knowledgeable source. This isn't legislation in politics. This is similar to listening to what doctor or a scientists tells you about say....what's in space or your body over popular pedestrian opinion.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So once again, is McDonalds sales representative of their quality as a burger producer. It's really that simple.
No, but it is of their popularity. And if something is popular enough it improves it's ranking within society. See @Sad Bunny argument for Drake and Wayne being the number 1 rappers at points.
I don't really like Drake to the point I would listen to his album. But I can recognize he is very popular and in turn many people think he's quality. I don't but I'm just 1 person.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
No, but it is of their popularity. And if something is popular enough it improves it's ranking within society.
No it isn't. Thats all that needs to be said. McDonalds is popular because they open up locations on every other block and attack with sheer volume and create convenience.

You can do this with music. Like how drake makes sure he releases often and features often simply so that he remains consumed.

There are variables that factor into sales numbers that keep you relevant.

We already used Taylor Swift versus Beyonce as an indication why that higher sales means nothing in terms of talent and skill, but apparently you are the only human that hasn't heard Taylor Swift sing a note before.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No it isn't. Thats all that needs to be said. McDonalds is popular because they open up locations on every other block and attack with sheer volume and create convenience.

You can do this with music. Like how drake makes sure he releases often and features often simply so that he remains consumed.

There are variables that factor into sales numbers that keep you relevant.

We already used Taylor Swift versus Beyonce as an indication why that higher sales means nothing in terms of talent and skill, but apparently you are the only human that hasn't heard Taylor Swift sing a note before.
How is McDonald's able to open up on every block tho?
I dealt in a business that was also kinda of an artistic venture. And when doing art it's easier to appeal to like minded people. But it's hard to do something that appeals to most people/ everyone. You seem to think it's easy. Trust me it's not, if it was way more people would do it.