BBL Drizzy called his mummy on me, aww - Rozay

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
How is McDonald's able to open up on every block tho?
I dealt in a business that was also kinda of an artistic venture. And when doing art it's easier to appeal to like minded people. But it's hard to do something that appeals to most people/ everyone. You seem to think it's easy. Trust me it's not, if it was way more people would do it.
Yeah...marketability plays a massive role, being cosigned by a major label or artist plays a major role. Having catchy upbeat hooks with dumbed down premises typically is a recipe for a hit track. MURAL or Wav files for example will never be a radio hit.

I'm not saying you have to have NO talent, just as McDonalds has pretty decent fries. But it's cheapness and convenience are also derived from the right investors, and just enough success with a mindset of corporitization/profit/expansion over high quality.

Whereas lupe fiasco, for example, purely gives no fukks about dumbing himself down to appeal to more people. Hence his song "dumb it down". Similar to how in N Out or Shake Shack have far better food, but yet don't have as many locations.

I don't know why the idea that just because you have more sales doesn't mean you are "better" or have more talent is a foreign concept to you. There are so many examples of this being true, if you know how to assess talent.

Remember dude, I only said that high sales isn't indicative of an MC's talent as an MC.
Sexxy redd gets more sales than Mos Def as another example.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah...marketability plays a massive role, being cosigned by a major label or artist plays a major role. Having catchy upbeat hooks with dumbed down premises typically is a recipe for a hit track. MURAL or Wav files for example will never be a radio hit.

I'm not saying you have to have NO talent, just as McDonalds has pretty decent fries. But it's cheapness and convenience are also derived from the right investors, and just enough success with a mindset of corporitization/profit/expansion over high quality.

Whereas lupe fiasco, for example, purely gives no fukks about dumbing himself down to appeal to more people. Hence his song "dumb it down". Similar to how in N Out or Shake Shack have far better food, but yet don't have as many locations.

I don't know why the idea that just because you have more sales doesn't mean you are "better" or have more talent is a foreign concept to you. There are so many examples of this being true, if you know how to assess talent.

Remember dude, I only said that high sales isn't indicative of an MC's talent as an MC.
Sexxy redd gets more sales than Mos Def as another example.
And I'm saying the high sales derive from somewhere, appealing to a wide range of people. That in itself is difficult, it's not something to discount. And I take that as more of an indicator of being good than winning some award.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I don’t either. I haven’t liked a full Drake project since like 2014 lol
No, but it is of their popularity. And if something is popular enough it improves its ranking within society. See @Sad Bunny argument for Drake and Wayne being the number 1 rappers at points.
I don't really like Drake to the point I would listen to his album. But I can recognize he is very popular and in turn many people think he's quality. I don't but I'm just 1 person.

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
Bro Rick Ross is legitimately hilarious af "you wanted to be at the park with the nikkasss"

Breh, I remember when some TMZ reporter was trying to ask Ross something and Ross was like “did you just eat pork…you smell like pork. You came to talk to the boss and you just ate pork :birdman:

:russ:

He’s hilarious as fukk

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
in.gif

Somebody please call 911
I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe 🤣 🤣 🤣 😂
OMG

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
I think Ross really moving Coke
The come up is insane
This cat really out here spending money like he printing that shyt. Something ain't matching up

Dude even backed down Drake with the money talk without blinking an eye.

Trust....50 ain't getting involved with this shyt.
He might dip his toe, but that's about it
There's no win here